Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sacked from the club by the coach who disciplined him ? Yeah i would say his opinion is highly likely to be tainted. Who else backed him? And what did they SAY?
Been plenty of negative comments about Malthouse’s time at the club from all quarters.

Would be shocked if you can find any positive comments about the MM tenure for reasons other than it took the club to rock bottom and forced us to go to the draft and rebuild properly for the first time in our history.

Been plenty of negative comments about Malthouse’s time at the club from all quarters.

Would be shocked if you can find any positive comments about the MM tenure for reasons other than it took the club to rock bottom and forced us to go to the draft and rebuild properly for the first time in our history.
Mick got his ego and capabilities mixed up and completely made a goose of himself.

Good tip..
Hasn't he thrown his hat in the ring for onother gig for any club that might hire him ?

I'd be surprised if Malthouse got the Carlton coaching job... he may actually perform better if he had another chance... seemed he was driven by spite in taking the carlton job after Eddy pushed him into "special projects"

I'd like to seem him get shot coaching Essendon, i'd like to see them really bottom out for a rebuild and Malthouse has a proven track record and the skills to make this happen.

I'd be surprised if Malthouse got the Carlton coaching job... he may actually perform better if he had another chance... seemed he was driven by spite in taking the carlton job after Eddy pushed him into "special projects"

I'd like to seem him get shot coaching Essendon, i'd like to see them really bottom out for a rebuild and Malthouse has a proven track record and the skills to make this happen.
I think if he got the job here there'd be a riot ..
And I'll lead it. :p

Oh man isn't Malthouse just copping it sweet at the moment - it's a beautiful thing.

Mitch Robisons comments aren't surprising, but Murph's reaction in his interview earlier in the week was hilarious. They must've really hated him.

How did a bloke so caught up in his own ego and bulls**t make it through 31 years of coaching?
How was a club so blind not to comprehend this? And may they never repeat this tragedy when appointing our new coach or mentor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mick got his ego and capabilities mixed up and completely made a goose of himself.

We gave him the job and it didn't work out and so it was time to rebuild - fair enough.

Where I'll never forgive the old prick is that when it became obvious he wasn't the right man he had a choice.

- Choice 1 - he could have taken the classy approach to his exit along the lines of Tony Shaw - thanks for giving me the opportunity to coach again, you allowed me to break the games record, paid me $700K and in return let's use the rest of the year to play the kids and get some development into them for the next coach. He could have used that final year as a farewell tour and at least go out with some dignity.

- Choice 2 - act like a selfish old git, leak stuff to the press and force Carlton to sack him and pay out his contract.

....he took choice No. 2

We gave him the job and it didn't work out and so it was time to rebuild - fair enough.

Where I'll never forgive the old prick is that when it became obvious he wasn't the right man he had a choice.

- Choice 1 - he could have taken the classy approach to his exit along the lines of Tony Shaw - thanks for giving me the opportunity to coach again, you allowed me to break the games record, paid me $700K and in return let's use the rest of the year to play the kids and get some development into them for the next coach. He could have used that final year as a farewell tour and at least go out with some dignity.

- Choice 2 - act like a selfish old git, leak stuff to the press and force Carlton to sack him and pay out his contract.

....he took choice No. 2
Spot on post :thumbsupemoji:

The appointment of Malthouse was predominantly on the basis that our playing list was good enough to go further than our 5th place finish in 2011. The failure in 2012 to build on our 2011 season was totally lumped onto Ratts, ignoring not only our bad run with injuries in 2012, but the lack of depth on our list.

IMO we started our first rebuild in 2005, which culminated in our 2011 finish. Sadly the club didn't acknowledge this was as good as it was going to get at the time & this failure led to the sacking of Ratts & the appointment of Malthouse, who soon realised he had been sold a 'pup'. Ultimately we wasted 3 years before realising we didn't need a messiah to coach the club, we needed another rebuild because not all rebuilds are going to result in a premiership & the first one had petered out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back