The on topic thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

RossFC why I long ago unsubscribed from the channel that brought us initial amusement. They don’t reflect the real Arsenal fans out there who probably like the majority of fans at all clubs are decent people.

Such a feckless collection of individuals.

After Wenger left I unsubbed too. If they lose games under Emery it would probs be the same rants that we've already heard. (about the owners, not buying certain players etc)

Apparently it's a Netflix-style subscription thing for football news?

Surely that's not a viable business model in age where copy and paste exists. Articles will be copied verbatim to r/soccer and to forums, meaning no one will need to pay for them.

Surely that's not a viable business model in age where copy and paste exists. Articles will be copied verbatim to r/soccer and to forums, meaning no one will need to pay for them.
It has worked in the US by hiring beat writers from local newspapers but not sure how it will work in England.

No real difference to the Age or the Herald Sun online subscriptions which seem to work.

Sakho suing WADA for 13mil over the drug test blunder in 2016. Cost him months of football, money, an appearance in a Europa League final, was dropped from the national team for 2 years and ended up at Crystal Palace. Apparently WADA sent journalists defamatory statements about him too.

Sakho suing WADA for 13mil over the drug test blunder in 2016. Cost him months of football, money, an appearance in a Europa League final, was dropped from the national team for 2 years and ended up at Crystal Palace. Apparently WADA sent journalists defamatory statements about him too.

So he should. Believe he even used the WADA athlete app to check what he was taking was ok and was cleared by WADA to take it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RossFC why I long ago unsubscribed from the channel that brought us initial amusement. They don’t reflect the real Arsenal fans out there who probably like the majority of fans at all clubs are decent people.

Such a feckless collection of individuals.

Avoiding the swear filter for such an appalling word.

Take him away, Mods.

Wait being in a betting advert is against the rules? I thought the rule was actually having a bet on football related things?
See I assumed it was a Stephenson type thing of putting a bet on... not this. That is whacky, given how many betting companies there are.

The rise in reports of racist abuse in football can be linked to Brexit, Kick It Out chief Roisin Wood has claimed.

Statistics gathered by the anti-discrimination charity showed reports of racism in English football rose by 43% - from 192 to 274 - last season.

Give the extremists a platform (Trump, BoJo, Brexit) and they will use it unfortunately. Disgraceful.

So should I support a team in the English leagues or continuing watching all games? Do really have a strong connection to any team, but think I'd have more fun getting behind a club.
Isn't FGR listed in your "other" section, Forest Green Rovers?

When I created the account I sorta just chucked them in there, because I liked the Dale Vince's morals. Haven't even watched a game of theirs. Should I hitch my wagon to them this season?
Depends what you are looking for. If you want to see the best players, get Optus and watch the prem/ maybe also champions league/europa league and follow a prem side.

If you want to see more unpredictable football then a championship club would be the way to go. I think that's via Foxtel/BeInSports or IFollow.

If you like lower league football then IFollow has that too.

Is IFollow only for the individual club you have purchased it from?
I reckon it might be. I just went on the website and it says this also.

"We are unable to provide subscriptions to fans of Accrington Stanley, Birmingham City, Bristol City, Cardiff City, Charlton Athletic, Derby County, Forest Green Rovers, Fulham, Hull City, Leeds United, Leyton Orient, Middlesbrough, QPR, Salford City, Stoke City, Sunderland, Swansea City and Wigan Athletic. Please contact your club for more information."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back