Recommitted Shai Bolton [re-signed until 2021]

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Has said his gf and he loves Melbourne and he has formed a great bond with the other indigenous footballers at Tigerland,can’t see him going anywhere and for that I am grateful.

P.S. Marcel has already posted the great man’s exact words.

A real maturity in his football this year.
Look I is happy at Tigerland, but you can’t pay him way unders.

Most likely wanting more money than the club is offering. At the same time you may let other guys go.

Poska

All Australian
Jul 10, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Look I is happy at Tigerland, but you can’t pay him way unders.

Most likely wanting more money than the club is offering. At the same time you may let other guys go.
Who said we’re going to underpay him? Bolton will probably get a lot of Ellis’ salary, who is expected to move on or will take a pay cut to stay.

Poska

All Australian
Jul 10, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Why hasn’t he signed yet?
Why would he? He’s playing great footy and will probably get rewarded if he finishes off the year on a high. No doubt Carr has advised him to hold off until the end of the season as well.

Poska

All Australian
Jul 10, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Shai is looking like he will become a very very good player and just turned 20 Looking like freo's 3rd rounder will no longer get this done if thats his desired destination. Would freo be prepared to throw in Cerra as steak knives to get the deal done ?
I think Cerra will end up playing for Richmond at some point throughout his career. Word around Norwood Footy Club is that he’s homesick and isn’t a fan of Lyon.

I think Cerra will end up playing for Richmond at some point throughout his career. Word around Norwood Footy Club is that he’s homesick and isn’t a fan of Lyon.

Why does everyone think Cerra will end up with us
Not that I don’t rate him but I don’t see the link between him and us

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
More and more clubs are circuling Bolton, according to the HUN.

I am confident he stays at Tigerland, but Richmond could well cash in with juicy picks and/or players if he goes, so they are in a very strong position.

If RFC could somehow get a top 5 pick for Shai, £ would deal him, they have enough of his type at the club and they could use that pick to address (an admittedly rarely weakness at their club, such as a speedy midfielder or HBF etc. Plus I think Bolton will still be prone to cold/off days from time to time.

I am confident he stays at Tigerland, but Richmond could well cash in with juicy picks and/or players if he goes, so they are in a very strong position.

If RFC could somehow get a top 5 pick for Shai, £ would deal him, they have enough of his type at the club and they could use that pick to address (an admittedly rarely weakness at their club, such as a speedy midfielder or HBF etc. Plus I think Bolton will still be prone to cold/off days from time to time.
Jesus, he's been better, not close to uncontracted top 5 pick better.

Pretty sure he re-signs but no-ones offering a top 5 pick

Slick

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
Berwick
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Top 5? Hahaha

Go Woods

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Top 5 pick? Your joking right? Worth a 2nd rounder maximum.

Go Woods

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Shai is a speedy midfielder, Fudd.

Sure, he might be a better player than McGrath, or Parish, or Francis, or Cerra, or Brayshaw, or Dow, but we're not trading him. :rainbow:
Those players you mentioned are more advanced and currently much better than Bolton as he hasn't done much yet. I rate Bolton and would love my Pies to have a crack at him. His upside is huge, if he works hard and stays committed.

Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS
Those players you mentioned are more advanced and currently much better than Bolton as he hasn't done much yet. I rate Bolton and would love my Pies to have a crack at him. His upside is huge, if he works hard and stays committed.
No, they're not. And you're right, they're only going to fall further behind.

Rich01

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Cerra and Dow? If they were both high 20s picks then fine, but as top five picks they have been massively disappointing.

Back