Prediction Changes v GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven’t watched the Maggies over the last few weeks, has ladhams form dropped away?

I can’t understand how why we wouldn’t pick ladhams instead of Ryder?
Form certainly hasn’t dropped, Rucking stats are down, but only as a result of sharing the load with Ryder and Hayes. His influence has still remained the same.

I’m happy to entertain any plausible theory at this point.

Has he not demonstrated, so with the contract extension, that he really wants a long career?

He needed the few years added to his deal because he felt he couldn't work well under pressure without it.

Yes, often spilling the ball when being scragged by 7 defenders.

Look, Dixon AND Ryder were meant to be the Dream Team, the Top Dog, the Big Cheese, the Head Honcho tall forward combination at the beginning of the year. Play them both against a tall GWS and see what happens for FFS. Much as I have a bridge for sale for anyone who believes that Ryder is a KPF.

It is wonderful that Marshall seems to be doing alright as a flanker, but what we really need is another KPF prospect. They are damn hard to trade in (unless you are Victorian based) and everyone we draft turns seems to either play somewhere else, or just can't play, or was injured beyond repair.

Drafted fails as I recall:

Bowen Lockwood. Pick 7.
Ryan Willits. Pick 19.
John Butcher. Pick 8.
Matthew Lobbe Pick 16.
Mason Shaw Pick 30.
Todd Marshall Pick 16.

You could arguably add Howard there who has played mostly as a defender but I guess the jury is still out on where he might end up. Although that jury would be warming to the idea that he is not the KPF he was drafted to be.

We have had 2 real successes in 22 years.

It's still an early call on Marshall. We need him under a better coach.

Lockwood was not a failure. Tremendously talented. Played good games. Ahead of Tredrea earlier in age. His back injury failed him and has burdened his life.

I’m happy to entertain any plausible theory at this point.

Has he not demonstrated, so with the contract extension, that he really wants a long career?

He extended his contract years ago.

When he did extend, many people, including him and myself still believed in him. He got success in 13 & 14, and there were reasons/excuses why we didn't back it up in 15 & 16.

It's now 2019. A lot has changed between then and now.

He extended his contract years ago.

When he did extend, many people, including him and myself still believed in him. He got success in 13 & 14, and there were reasons/excuses why we didn't back it up in 15 & 16.

It's now 2019. A lot has changed between then and now.
That’s not right though. I’m talking about the end of ‘17 when GC landed Dew and Hinkley played Port. If you still believed at that point I certainly didn’t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, it's on FTA here so I can't use my "bodgy internet connection" excuse. Might have to go out, but I dunno how to do that ;).
I've decided I'm still going to go. I've missed 3 games already this year due to work.

Plus I gotta be there just in case Hinkley turns Sutcliffe in to a star, and he kicks 5 goals...

Just to say I witness greatness being born.

That’s not right though. I’m talking about the end of ‘17 when GC landed Dew and Hinkley played Port. If you still believed at that point I certainly didn’t.
Its right from my perspective, we just felt differently at the time.

I might be a dumb optimist but I hadn't lost faith when Ken was renewed (though I did think his extension was a little long)

To me it wasn't ever made 100% clear he was out of his depth til 2018 finished. There were no excuses for last season. And even going in to 2019 I still thought there might be a chance if he got better assistants around him.

It actually says a lot that even supporters like me have given up now.

Genuinely still tossing up whether or not to go to this game, and I can only remember ever missing one game in the past, and that was for reasons completely out of my control. I've simply had enough of going to games and hoping we lose just so we can hasten the exit of the madman in control.

I'm sure I will go, but my participation will be minimal. No merch, no clapping etc. It is what it is.

Genuinely still tossing up whether or not to go to this game, and I can only remember ever missing one game in the past, and that was for reasons completely out of my control. I've simply had enough of going to games and hoping we lose just so we can hasten the exit of the madman in control.

I'm sure I will go, but my participation will be minimal. No merch, no clapping etc. It is what it is.
Just like the Brisbane game, I suspect I'll spend a good chunk of the game on my phone, posting in the game day thread.
Far more entertaining than actually watching Port these days.

At this stage it’s just you and me, m8. Please come.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back