Preview Round 19, 2019: Hawthorn v Brisbane Lions, 27 July 2019, 1.45pm @ York Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll lose by 30+ this week. Nothing surer. Nash had the grand total of 5 touches in an entire game of AFL football, so spare me the bs structure spiel. It's not acceptable regardless of your ability to spin a cute narrative about him nullifying an oppo forward.

Poppy is cooked. This isn't the Whyalla seconds, this is the HFC. We don't tolerate mediocrity. 2 goals in 10 matches isn't enough. Not happy with Hardwick's form either. Scully needs to improve his defensive game. I'll be watching this game with bated breath.
I can't see half our team in Hodginator's pic. Sums up where we're at as a club atm... too few are carrying hefty loads.
As an aside, no Poppy in Hodginator's pic either. Has he been dropped? I hope so.
It might be time to quit the trolling.

Carl Spackler

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
As an aside, no Poppy in Hodginator's pic either. Has he been dropped? I hope so.

giphy.gif

Can't you just get rid of the bunch of trolls that seems to have popped up after we pumpes the Cats last week?
Thats always my plan. ;)

AlwaysHawks15

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Does Damien Ferrett on sliding doors count? Reckons the Lions should not only win but win easily! Seriously....
Based on our current form and it being in tassie how you could come to that conclusion is just plain stupid. The lions have been flying since the Carlton loss. That was 6 weeks ago. There due for a down performance, there not at that stage where they are going to steamroll teams week after week. If we can break even in the stoppages and restrict their run and carry I think our forward line are going to cause them big problems without Andrews. There's plenty of versatility and agility down there.

Based on our current form and it being in tassie how you could come to that conclusion is just plain stupid. The lions have been flying since the Carlton loss. That was 6 weeks ago. There due for a down performance, there not at that stage where they are going to steamroll teams week after week. If we can break even in the stoppages and restrict their run and carry I think our forward line are going to cause them big problems without Andrews. There's plenty of versatility and agility down there.

I agree with your sentiments insofar as we will not get done easily, however I think we will lose this game. We have had our stretch and didn’t capitalise with the eagles game.

We are looking much much better, however I can’t see us winning against teams in form.

We are still a middle of the road side.

Unless we pull something remarkable and pump Brisbane by 6+ goals, only then will I believe we have turned the corner. Tassie or not, Brisbane is a much better side and should win by a comfortable 3-4 goals.

I hate admitting this !

KOLOKOTRONIS

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Gee whiz, I’ve never wanted Birch to play so much... huge down grade if Glass is in, really hope there’s no late changes.

I mean surely the club couldn’t make a late change could they? Late..... 😂😂

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I agree with your sentiments insofar as we will not get done easily, however I think we will lose this game. We have had our stretch and didn’t capitalise with the eagles game.

We are looking much much better, however I can’t see us winning against teams in form.

We are still a middle of the road side.

Unless we pull something remarkable and pump Brisbane by 6+ goals, only then will I believe we have turned the corner. Tassie or not, Brisbane is a much better side and should win by a comfortable 3-4 goals.

I hate admitting this !

KOLOKOTRONIS

I actually think we’re every possible today... and I’m normally more pessimistic than optimistic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually think we’re every possible today... and I’m normally more pessimistic than optimistic.

I truly hope you are right about this one, however the team really hasn’t produced when it has needed to, hence rendering us a middle of the road side.

Whilst our form has been solid for the past four weeks leading in, we haven’t had that much on the line. The games we needed to win this season we couldn’t, and the wins we’ve had have effectively been against teams significantly out of form. The Giants win perhaps our best for the season.

The losses we’ve had have been against teams bubbling, even Melbourne beat us when they needed to win.

I can’t see Brisbane dropping their bundle and the venue doesn’t haunt them the slightest given last year.

Hoping for a win though. Being relevant in the afl maintains emotional stability for the week. Yes I need psychiatric help !

KOLOKOTRONIS

matey

Premiership Player
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I truly hope you are right about this one, however the team really hasn’t produced when it has needed to, hence rendering us a middle of the road side.

Whilst our form has been solid for the past four weeks leading in, we haven’t had that much on the line. The games we needed to win this season we couldn’t, and the wins we’ve had have effectively been against teams significantly out of form. The Giants win perhaps our best for the season.

The losses we’ve had have been against teams bubbling, even Melbourne beat us when they needed to win.

I can’t see Brisbane dropping their bundle and the venue doesn’t haunt them the slightest given last year.

Hoping for a win though. Being relevant in the afl maintains emotional stability for the week. Yes I need psychiatric help !

KOLOKOTRONIS
Agree but my optimism and hope is being driven by a few things that have changed over the last month. Our wins have been on the back of our younger brigade and having belief is a wonderful thing, being more brave in our game plan/playing on quickly through the corridor and earlier on when teams tagged JOM our midfield was done but we are dealing with this a lot better with good contributions from Worpel/Wingard/Sheils/Hendo/Howe. Don’t need match winners just need the Hawks way of playing your role needed. Our home deck too.

Don’t know what to expect!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back