Discussion Random Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched "The Great Hack" on Netflix last night and I can highly recommend it.
Data harvesting and our rights to know what data is being harvested is a contentious issue
The whole Cambridge Analytica story and they way they impacted the American election result is also unsettling.
I don't have Facebook but I still get enough targeted advertising from Google to make me think WTF!

Data harvesting and our rights to know what data is being harvested is a contentious issue
The whole Cambridge Analytica story and they way they impacted the American election result is also unsettling.
I don't have Facebook but I still get enough targeted advertising from Google to make me think WTF!

Your smart TV and smart fridge can do it too. Your phone is usually harvesting through instagram etc. You have to select to turn mic off in settings. This below is worth listening to as well.

That's it I've had enough. I'm going to message Barrett on twitter and tell him how Nathan Bourke and his employee/CEO robbed around 50 people (could be way more) out of their wages with his callactive company. The prick declared bankrupcty and the CEO got to keep his 4 milllion mansion. He was the first George Calombaris

Your smart TV and smart fridge can do it too. Your phone is usually harvesting through instagram etc. You have to select to turn mic off in settings. This below is worth listening to as well.

Carole Cadwalladr features in "The Great Hack"
The series "Dark Net" is also worth watching on Netflix. Pretty eye opening what goes on and what you can buy

The Cambridge Analytica cat is out of the bag now. You would hazard a guess and suggest that most countries are scrambling to form their own offensive and defensive units to wage the new psyops war, and we should be wary of how much influence the government of the day has on its deployments.

Do we need to be very wary of how our government structures laws around the protection of our data. Or is it good nation building to offer it all up?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't surprise me

Both sides of politics havecused the spectre of fear to erode our privacy rights all in the name of national security.

Namely the right and the left have been wedged and therefore roll over.

This all about keeping people scared and divided in order to control the masses.

Witness the outlawing of whistle blowing as a perfect example.

Most recentlyvthe AFP raids on journos.

Dangerous territory IMO.

Same here in Sweden, it's brilliant.

Next 3 days are over 30. I actually bought a house with a pool and outdoor bar area 4 years ago that all my family and mates in Australia laughed at when I bought it and sent them pictures as they thought you only get to use it for 3 months and even then it isn't usually very hot. But the last 2 summers have been amazing and, as it doesn't get dark until late here, you get your money's worth if the weather is good.

Can't wait for Saturday. 31 degrees, I have friends over for a BBQ with the Saints scheduled to play at 1115 in the morning and a fridge full of cold beer.... it certainly beats watching the footy on cold Melbourne's winter night ;).

I'm greener than the Incredible Hulk, atm, such is my envy, NH. Where's my invite? 😀

I'm greener than the Incredible Hulk, atm, such is my envy, NH. Where's my invite? 😀
You (or anyone from the forum) is always welcome over mate: the thing I've found though is not many Australians have Sweden on their itinerary list when they come to Europe if they don't have family or friends here (there are a surprising number of "love refugees" from Australia here...quite a big community so you do meet the odd Australian) . They should though, especially in summer.

It is a beautiful part of the world. When my friends come over they can't believe how nice it is- I sold my apartment in Stockholm and moved out of the city and live in complete isolation in a great house in the forest pretty much but I am at my desk in the city within 50 minutes because the trains are so good making it pretty idyllic and, while I'd like to move back to Australia one day, I'd really miss it here now because of the amazing nature and lifestyle. Great work/life balance, plenty of leave etc.

I can't tell you how much I miss watching footy with people that understand the game though. I'm watching with a South African and Pom tomorrow (at least the Pom lived in Australia and knows the rules) but it's not the same so I'd always welcome a Saints stranger with open arms if they ever made it this far up north when coming through Europe. :)

You (or anyone from the forum) is always welcome over mate: the thing I've found though is not many Australians have Sweden on their itinerary list when they come to Europe if they don't have family or friends here (there are a surprising number of "love refugees" from Australia here...quite a big community so you do meet the odd Australian) . They should though, especially in summer.

It is a beautiful part of the world. When my friends come over they can't believe how nice it is- I sold my apartment in Stockholm and moved out of the city and live in complete isolation in a great house in the forest pretty much but I am at my desk in the city within 50 minutes because the trains are so good making it pretty idyllic and, while I'd like to move back to Australia one day, I'd really miss it here now because of the amazing nature and lifestyle. Great work/life balance, plenty of leave etc.

I can't tell you how much I miss watching footy with people that understand the game though. I'm watching with a South African and Pom tomorrow (at least the Pom lived in Australia and knows the rules) but it's not the same so I'd always welcome a Saints stranger with open arms if they ever made it this far up north when coming through Europe. :)
It's actually one part of the world is love to see.

My curse on teams and players is well known but i stretched even further than usual tonight . I have been following the scores in the cricket test between England and Ireland . It was all set up with Ireland only needing 183 in their second innings to win . So i started watching the scores , short time later Ireland all out for 38 . How long before teams start paying me not to watch them play lol.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

You've only made me greener with envy. My brother lives in Germany and I'm planning to visit next year. I'm threatening to visit you as I'd love to explore Scandanavia!

You've only made me greener with envy. My brother lives in Germany and I'm planning to visit next year. I'm threatening to visit you as I'd love to explore Scandanavia!
Call me crazy but I reckon you've got a mental picture of all these blonde, topless Scandi babes lazing around his pool...

Wood you like a bjeer Mr Hooggins?

I watch a heap of Scandi shows and films.

Looks really nice. Also Denmark.

Bit creeped out by front doors that open outwards lol.

It's remarkable how popular the scandi shows have become over the past 10 years. You sound the same as my friends that visit, I can't get over how many of them watch the Swedish and Danish shows.

A couple of childhood friends of mine from Melbourne recently re-located to London and I hosted them for Midsummer which is a Swedish national holiday that derived from pagan times on the longest day of the year. It's a great day, lots of food and drink and we took them to a traditional dance around the Swedish maypole (which is like a giant penis....it was a pagan fertility ritual for the vikings/pre-vikings). They had a great day but apparently there is a popular horror movie that has just come out called midsummer that is like Sweden's Wolf Creek about some American's that have a bad midsummer experience in Sweden. My friends got freaked out by it when they saw it after they'd been here. Keep an eye out for it, m sure it will turn up in Australia soon. Not sure how happy the Swedish tourist board will be about it being so popular. :D

edit, here's the trailer:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back