Preview Round 19 2019 - Hawthorn vs Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've found a lot of the commentary about this game really weird - most of the people tipping the Hawks have been doing so on the argument that we have to slip up and lose sometime. Of course, they've those people have used the same rationale to tip against each game in the last month. You could say the same thing about the Hawks - i.e. after a good month with few narrow results they might be due to slip up.

The Hawks could definitely win but unless they can really shut us down AND dominate clearances/contested possessions I find it hard to believe they keep us under 85 points. They've only scored 85 or higher 6 times this year, and we've only been held under it 5 times (all our losses). We've also had absolutely no trouble moving the ball against them the last two years.

I think because they are only just starting to take notice they don't realise how much more innately talented and mentally strong and tight we are

* if we can just keep the umpires from wetting their nighties we might just go all the way starting tomorrow

Admittedly I wasn't great at maths in high school, but even I have difficulty reconciling Campbell Brown's idea that 3 consecutive wins makes the Hawks the form team of the competition.

And just to clarify, they have beaten Collingwood, Fremantle, & Geelong in those three weeks. Not wanting to cast aspersions, but none of those teams are doing anything other than going backwards at a great rate of knots right now.

Having said that 3KZ there's nothing like having a KPF on whom you can rely on to take 3 or 4 clean grabs a game within range.

That's gold. Which is where McInerny has become an important player for us.
Absolutely. When Hipwood develops consistency to compliment his precocious talent and if McStay can start to hold more of his marks in front of goal and kick straight, we are going to be an even better team.

Let's all head over to the game day thread, started by the crazy person who was up at 3am this morning. Talk about edgy for the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back