Game Day Round 19: Lions vs Hawks Gameday Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :D

LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS

I had a dream we kicked 29 goals but somehow won 72-29 :D

So, with that said I'm backing us to win by either 43 or 29 :p

Go Lions,
Man I wish I was there to watch the boys battle and then dinner at the "La Cantina" for the
Tasmanian Trout
Trout grilled topped with olives, garlic, capers , capsicum, wine and tomato sauce.
If you are thinking of dinner there make sure you book first, old mate is a bit grumpy if you just walk in.
That was about 5 years ago mind you.
Lions by 36 and the meals to be just as good as they were 5 years ago.
Pitty I'm in Brissy.

Right now: calm and confident
Just before the game: a nervous wreck
As soon as we’re not at least 20 points up: zero confidence and on verge of a heart attack

Don’t think it would be too bad to lose today. Hawks in Tassie is a tough match. Playing a home final would still be a great achievement.

My head hurts, my sinuses are blocked, my throat hurts, I'm coughing up phlegm on the regular, I rattle with all the pills I've been taking and if the Lions don't win today I'm going to sulk.

Also Monday is going to be my one-month anniversary of quitting ciggies. Yay me!

EDIT: We haven't lost since I quit smoking. Coincidence?

Same; flown down for it.
Nobody can ever question your commitment Dylan. I went down in 2017 and even though we lost it is a great football weekend away. We are in the middle of renovating, otherwise I’d be there too. We should actually start momentum for a crew of supporters to head down in 2020. I imagine the AFL will keep sending us there. We could make it an annual thing. Tasmania is great.

Don't know what I'm more excited about. A chance to end hawthorns season early or the Big O and Mcstay clunkin contested grabs.

Feels like each week we have something to be excited about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope to see a fit and firing Hipwood today. I don't want to see a half fit non existent Hipwood. We have no injuries so I hope we are not playing someone who needs to be on sidelines for a few weeks.

We should have them covered in the midfield provided we don't let O'Meara of the chain. Neale - Zorko - Lyons - McClugagge - Berry - Robinson opposed to O'Meara - Shiels - Worpel - Smith - Henderson - Scully.

Let the fun roll on.

My head hurts, my sinuses are blocked, my throat hurts, I'm coughing up phlegm on the regular, I rattle with all the pills I've been taking and if the Lions don't win today I'm going to sulk.

Also Monday is going to be my one-month anniversary of quitting ciggies. Yay me!

EDIT: We haven't lost since I quit smoking. Coincidence?
Congrats on quitting.........I gave up 2 yrs ago and 20 kgs plus lol

If we control Mitchell Lewis and Tim O'Brien- cue Walker and Adams, then we are well and truly on our way to dismantling Hawthorn's recent form surge. The relentless surge footy is suited to Launceston. What beer to purchase is my greatest stress today! Any suggestions?

I’m nervous - will miss the first quarter flying home from Bali this morning and we have a bad record in games I’ve missed part of this season. I’ll cross my fingers, avoid black cats and not walk under any ladders etc en route.

Nobody can ever question your commitment Dylan. I went down in 2017 and even though we lost it is a great football weekend away. We are in the middle of renovating, otherwise I’d be there too. We should actually start momentum for a crew of supporters to head down in 2020. I imagine the AFL will keep sending us there. We could make it an annual thing. Tasmania is great.
I’ve been a couple of times to see the Lions in Launceston. The first in 09 when we won, may have been the first time we played down there too and a couple of years ago (pre-Fagan) where we almost pulled off an unlikely win.

I love Tasmania, such an underrated place. We’ll leave for Freycinet first thing tomorrow morning and stay at Sapphire Resort for a couple of nights, hit a few local wineries and our favourite Devil’s Corner and then down to Hobart for a night. The fiancé always gets a little suspicious when in mid October I start talking about going to Tasmania in the middle of winter the following year.

For those that haven’t been to a Lions game down here, I highly recommend it, although I would prefer the extra game in Melbourne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back