Banter The WCE Cricket Banter Thread (Ball tampering permitted)

Remove this Banner Ad

If that had of been India instead of New Zealand there would have been a riot, Roy should not have been playing after that display in the semi final aswell.

Santner faced the final ball of the NZ innings, a bouncer from Archer and instead of trying to hit it, he ducked! Why not try get something on it, even run through for a bye?

Typical of England to draw thier way to a world cup rather than win it!

Shallow way to win a world cup.

Bit farcical to be honest and a decision that would not be out of place at Rhode Island Yacht Club in an America's Cup Win to team USA.

Got to fell for the Kiwi's they have a every right to be pissed off and feel shafted.

Maybe ....just maybe..... the poms can now finally stop whinging about Diego Madonna and the "Hand of God".
They should but I would be shocked if they did.

Only Stokes knows whether he somehow got his bat in the way of the ball.

Needs a rule change I reckon. You can accept a six if a player hits the ball over the rope on the full, even when a fielder catches the ball inside play and falls outside play, but to run two and then have the bat deflect the ball at a completely unpredictable angle to make a lucky two into six that's not fair. Don't think I've ever seen it in an international game. And for this score to tie the game. NZ must be gutted.

They should but I would be shocked if they did.

Only Stokes knows whether he somehow got his bat in the way of the ball.

Needs a rule change I reckon. You can accept a six if a player hits the ball over the rope on the full, even when a fielder catches the ball inside play and falls outside play, but to run two and then have the bat deflect the ball at a completely unpredictable angle to make a lucky two into six that's not fair. Don't think I've ever seen it in an international game. And for this score to tie the game. NZ must be gutted.

There’s no way stokes meant to have the ball hit his bat - he wasn’t looking at the throw coming in and immediately apologised before the ball had even got to the boundary

It’s a dumb rule but nothing anyone could have done about it

Seemed that all the little bits of luck went England’s way. NZ desperately unlucky

Very deflating result but a great game. We better win the bloody Ashes now. There's only so much happiness i can take from the Tans.

Was England awarded a run too many in the overthrow? Very easily could have been given 4 + completed run as the batsmen hasn't crossed when the throw was made.
I wonder if the Kiwi's will ask for clarification on the rule.

Was England awarded a run too many in the overthrow? Very easily could have been given 4 + completed run as the batsmen hasn't crossed when the throw was made.
I wonder if the Kiwi's will ask for clarification on the rule.

It's official, New Zealand robbed by umpire error:

That and it has always been a game that favours the Batsmen , in every form , as dot balls count for naught in assessing merit and its all about the boundaries, no matter how they are gotten.

Not saying it has happened deliberately here, but batsmen have for decades protected their castle from run outs with their body and once the ball has hit body or bat it should be ruled a dead ball.
Absolutely. In the spirit of the game, batsmen would not/should not take those runs. They don't usually go to the boundary though, and once that happens, everyone's hands may be tied. Not like England want to reverse that decision anyway.

Thought the Kiwis played the better game and deserved to win.
But a great finish and shows how unpredictable cricket can be with fortunes changing with the blink of an eye.
Was barracking for Federer too so should have gone to bed st 8 pm as originally planned.
Hamilton won Grand Prix because of a safety car pitstop when Bottas had it in the bag .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no "you ******* useless campaigners" posts for the aussies. Wonder why that is?

I assume this is just going to roll into being the Ashes thread.

In the Aus XII v Aus XII game going on atm, the batting side are 8/93. One wicket by Pattinson, the rest by blokes no chance to play in the tests. Warner, Harris, Patterson, Pucovski, Head and Carey out cheaply. What a ******* start to the tour.

I assume this is just going to roll into being the Ashes thread.

In the Aus XII v Aus XII game going on atm, the batting side are 8/93. One wicket by Pattinson, the rest by blokes no chance to play in the tests. Warner, Harris, Patterson, Pucovski, Head and Carey out cheaply. What a ******* start to the tour.
It should be an even contest. The other side has the Aussie bowling line basically.

* sad to see Malinga go. It seems like Sri Lankan cricket is slowly dying each passing year.

Also love Mitch Marsh but I think he needs a couple years away from test cricket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back