MMA-UFC UFC 243 - October 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Had floor seats about 20 rows back, had a pretty sore neck from looking up from the screen.

Fork the extra money to get closer or pay for level 1 or 2 imo.

Will be waiting to see who else is on the card. Most likely local talent and Izzy gonna have to promote the s**t out of it.

I was near the back with floor seats, watching it on a giant screen. Going to get seats in the stand this time.

Good thing is the membership i bought for the Feb card is still valid so i can get the presale again!

Fights rumoured to be on the card alongside Rob/Israel:

Yorgan De Castro vs Justin Tafa
Sergey Spivak vs Tai Tuivasa
Nadia Kassem vs Ji Yeon Kim

Superb! I imagine at least 2 of those will be on the main card. Now I'm just waiting for Jake Matthew's fight against a Japanese scrub to be announced as the co-main before dropping big money on tickets.

Fights rumoured to be on the card alongside Rob/Israel:

Yorgan De Castro vs Justin Tafa
Sergey Spivak vs Tai Tuivasa
Nadia Kassem vs Ji Yeon Kim

Superb! I imagine at least 2 of those will be on the main card. Now I'm just waiting for Jake Matthew's fight against a Japanese scrub to be announced as the co-main before dropping big money on tickets.

Justin Tafa I think is the dude i always saw in the training photos with Tuivasa and Hunt, always figured he'd make it to the UFC at some point.

Justin Tafa I think is the dude i always saw in the training photos with Tuivasa and Hunt, always figured he'd make it to the UFC at some point.

Yeah, I knew he was from that camp. He's only 3-0 as a pro and fighting a guy who just came off the contender series. I'm happy for him to get a chance as long as it's deep on the prelims.

how do you think it will go sale wise ? last time they had rousey and she was the biggest star on the planet at the time, think mcnuggets hadnt hit his full potential yet. Im very intersted to see who you get, I hate the disrespect Australia gets with these cards and think they will just throw in the Aussies and hope Rob can fill the dam place

Rousey wasn't the intended main fight last time at Marvel, it was supposed to be Condit and Lawler.

Lawler was coming off an epic win over Thompson, same card McGregor became a worldwide phenomenon after the Mendes fight.

Hmmm. There are no pillars at Marvel so i'm not sure what you are on about. The only sight issues i have ever had is the sun but that shouldnt be a problem with roof closed.

Pillars wasn't the right word. There's those concrete things that stick out, and if you're too close they block your view.

CBF TBH.

Main fight is good, I love Adesanya. But the other fights don't interest me one bit.

Having experienced things like this before, after a while you don't give a *. As popped corn said I'd rather save the cash and watch it on tv.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rousey wasn't the intended main fight last time at Marvel, it was supposed to be Condit and Lawler.

Lawler was coming off an epic win over Thompson, same card McGregor became a worldwide phenomenon after the Mendes fight.
mmmm thought that was meant to be co main either way, im hoping they are not going to put everything in the main event cause of recent History with Rob id want a pretty big backer thats going to keep whatever they sell happy if something happens between ticket sales and event

According to wiki:

The event was initially expected to be headlined by a UFC Welterweight Championship bout between current champion Robbie Lawler and Carlos Condit, a former WEC Welterweight Champion and former interim UFC Welterweight Champion. However, the bout was removed from the event after Lawler suffered a thumb injury stemming back from his high school wrestling career.[6] Subsequently, a UFC Women's Bantamweight Championship bout between then champion Ronda Rousey and former 18-time boxing world champion in three weight classes Holly Holm, originally scheduled for UFC 195, was announced as the new headliner for this event.

If you look up UFC 243 right now Nadia Kasseem is the co main event. What the actual fu**
That will not be the co-main event.

That is just what google assumes as it is currently the second fight.

There is still the chance of this featherweight championship being the co main. I’m really unsure if the ufc want to do that. Guess they will wait and see how banged up the winner of Sunday is.

That will not be the co-main event.

That is just what google assumes as it is currently the second fight.

There is still the chance of this featherweight championship being the co main. I’m really unsure if the ufc want to do that. Guess they will wait and see how banged up the winner of Sunday is.
Just listening to Volk of ESPN sounds like he thinks he will fight at Marvel Stadium as long as the winner of this isn't too ****ed up yeah

Holloway wants to fight again December though

2 and a half months is a quick turn around for a championship fight for either Max or Frankie.

Traveling to the other side of the world fighting against someone with home advantage and probably not the main event either is a huge ask for the champ.

It's getting pretty close now that big names aren't going to accept unless it's signed in the next week or so. I think the best we get is Hooker v Al as the co-main. Nice fight but damned if I fly interstate for this card if so. Struggling to think of what else we could get name wise...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back