The AFL's most promising young forward is..................?

The AFL's most promising young forward is:

• Eric Hipwood

• Harry McKay

• Charlie Curnow

• Jordan De Goey

• Aaron Naughton

• Harry Himmelberg

• Sam Weideman

• Connor Rozee

• Orazio Fantasia

• Cam Rayner

• Nick Blakey

• Mitchell Lewis

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

De Goey the obvious choice, except I didn't pick him because I thought he was a bit older. Turns out he's only a year older than Curnow / McKay / Hipwood / Weideman / Himmelberg. Would probably change my vote to De Goey given the option

De Goey. Can play as a leading forward and is also excellent 1v1 and at ground level. The complete forward.

Out of the younger ones I would pick Rozee. He has some incredible athletic attributes and the skills and footy nous to match. Look out in a few years.

Wait, how can DeGoey (24) and Fantasia (23) get a mention, but Liam Ryan (22) not?

Only played 28 games, mostly as a defensive forward whose job is to chase and pressure, but still an absolute offensive weapon despite WC having numerous other avenues to goal. Not saying he will be the best on this list, but he does have the capacity to be the best small forward in the cop in a few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ugh, typical anti Collingwood bias.
Huh?

He’s a 191cm guy floating between midfield and forward. Curnow, Naughton etc are taller targets who can dominate games aerially. Seen De Goey shut out of a number of games this year as the number one target because he isn’t big enough to take a lot of overhead marks.

I see De Goey as a player in the Dangerfield/Martin mould, although yet to be convinced if he can be as good as them in the middle.

Just because I don’t think he’s a key forward doesn’t mean I don’t rate him. He’s one Collingwood player I enjoy watching and I think he’s really good.

Huh?

He’s a 191cm guy floating between midfield and forward. Curnow, Naughton etc are taller targets who can dominate games aerially. Seen De Goey shut out of a number of games this year as the number one target because he isn’t big enough to take a lot of overhead marks.

I see De Goey as a player in the Dangerfield/Martin mould, although yet to be convinced if he can be as good as them in the middle.

Just because I don’t think he’s a key forward doesn’t mean I don’t rate him. He’s one Collingwood player I enjoy watching and I think he’s really good.

I'm joking.

Its 3am here. De Goey is clearly not a key forward.

Yep.

Good player, nowhere near the top of the list.
None of the players near the top of the list were drafted with pick 76 either

tenor.gif

Back