Preview Round 20 v Hawthorn - 150th Anniversary celebration game

Remove this Banner Ad

Interested to know who's going to this and whether you have a spare seat on your table.
heading down from Darwin Friday morning to watch hawks game, head to arden street the next day to watch the vfl and then heading down to the convention centre for the 150th anniversary dinner. it will be an expensive three days but I have a feeling it will be worth every cent and something I wont regret. happy to report on what the night was like.

I thought that they would wheel out Maj to ensure a feel good story and a positive vibe going into the night, but after watching him go down and really struggle to get to his feet in the VFL today I reckon his season is done. I don't know if Rhyce has another trick or two up his sleeve but I hope that the 150th dinner isn't on the back of another humiliating loss after the West Coast debacle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Garner was pretty good, Wood did less. Dumont absolutely murdered the ball and Tas and Durdin were out played badly, especially early. Hopefully Scooter's nut has reinflated and he is back. If that didn't highlight how important he is for next year nothing will.

Thompson's missed 2 gams this year, both in Perth, and the backline has been monstered. Too many players, including Thompson, who can't be covered, and too few to do the covering.

Durdin..... OUT please... would rather give McKay a go.

Yes I understand especially against West Coast who are the best team in the comp and who have some elite forwards but he played terrible.

He will take a lot of lessons from this game but personally I can't see him being a good player I actually hope I'm proven wrong but I just can't see it.

Durdin..... OUT please... would rather give McKay a go.

Yes I understand especially against West Coast who are the best team in the comp and who have some elite forwards but he played terrible.

He will take a lot of lessons from this game but personally I can't see him being a good player I actually hope I'm proven wrong but I just can't see it.
Better watch today's vfl game then.

Are full backs usually like this at the start of their careers????
I met a mate of his (so he claims to be) at a sportsmans night not long ago and he was no big wrap for his attitude. I don't know McKay at all so hard to judge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back