Roast Strip the captaincy

Remove this Banner Ad

The guy made the AA squad both of the last two seasons, probably would've made the team proper if not for injury. Most of this board wanted him as captain after we heard that Boak was stepping down.

The pressure of the co-captaincy ruined him. And it ruined Wines. Yet another career(s) ruined by Ken Hinkley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Oh cmon Schulzy

A pre-season ski has ruined Wines

6-6-6 has exposed Jonas for the mediocre footballer he is

Its almost as if a professional footballer should't be trying to land backflips on a wakeboard on the verge of a new season. That sort of lack of professionalism is typical of Hinkley's coaching.

They just patted Ollie on the back and told him he did nothing wrong. Should of booked him in for a full reco and not given him the captaincy, maybe then he'd of understood the magnitude of the mistake he had just made.

PAFC27

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If you have to begin your sentence containing your captain replacement with "what about...?" then it's not him.

It's an obvious answer for mine. Hamish Hartlett has always shown his ability to play, attack, go hard at it and stick up for his team mates. Our last finals win, he was the main driver in getting us up and about - as a captain would. He was everywhere during his ACL recovery. Each time I went to Alberton last year, Hammer was watching, chatting with local track watchers and fans.

I know it's trivial, but I always think to that story of Hammer going up to, and asking an old stranger if he could have their oldschool Ports hat. Who does that? Hammer does. Loves this club.

If you have to begin your sentence containing your captain replacement with "what about...?" then it's not him.

It's an obvious answer for mine. Hamish Hartlett has always shown his ability to play, attack, go hard at it and stick up for his team mates. Our last finals win, he was the main driver in getting us up and about - as a captain would. He was everywhere during his ACL recovery. Each time I went to Alberton last year, Hammer was watching, chatting with local track watchers and fans.

I know it's trivial, but I always think to that story of Hammer going up to, and asking an old stranger if he could have their oldschool Ports hat. Who does that? Hammer does. Loves this club.
WfoPH0j.jpg

My other favourite Hartlett moments includd the 3 goals from beyond 50 against Sturt/Carlton in 2012 and *that* bump during *that* team goal in the Richmond EF

I've had the co-captains in my best 5 players a total of ONCE this year (Ollie against WCE). Tom Jonas hasn't been in my top 5 even once. These two are a disgrace to the football club.

No one outside the Club cares. That’s where we are at.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
I've had the co-captains in my best 5 players a total of ONCE this year (Ollie against WCE). Tom Jonas hasn't been in my top 5 even once. These two are a disgrace to the football club.

How many for Boak, just curiously?

Yep same. Boak on 40, Wines 5, Jonas 0.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back