Recommitted Jack Petruccelle [out of contract 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

WillieNillie

All Australian
Mar 31, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Jack has asked Eagles for a trade at seasons end after getting a massive 4 year contract offer. That part I'm certain of but when I asked which club I didn't get a clear answer back. Believe it is Western Bulldogs but that part could be wrong. He is still under contract so Eagles need to be satisfied and given how heavy the interest is from it doesn't feel like that would be a issue. Jack will likely be the 2nd first rounder we need to give to Geelong to get Tim Kelly back our way

Wow. Big news if true. The bulldogs certainly need pace so it fits. Perhaps the Dees also? Treacle slow at the moment though they currently hold pick 2 and that's way overs.

Jack has asked Eagles for a trade at seasons end after getting a massive 4 year contract offer. That part I'm certain of but when I asked which club I didn't get a clear answer back. Believe it is Western Bulldogs but that part could be wrong. He is still under contract so Eagles need to be satisfied and given how heavy the interest is from it doesn't feel like that would be a issue. Jack will likely be the 2nd first rounder we need to give to Geelong to get Tim Kelly back our way
1st rounder? Big offer? Seems like a good player in a strong team but not worth either. Is his manager fishing for a better deal from eagles?

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wouldn't mind him to be honest. Not sure we need him, but would be handy.

Rumour board surely

Yes move it there please. I didnt mean to post it here

The offer is something we wouldnt dream of matching. More then 2 mill over 4 years

If you offer that much for a contracted player the price would be the first round pick surely? Whether he is worth it or not is debatable but to offer that much you gotta be extra keen

Clubs need to start holding players to contracts.

Whats the point? We wont match it in 12 months time and as far as Petch knows the contract wont be there next year nor can he get that extra money a year early. It does strike me as weird. He is a good talent but 4 years over 2 mill deal dont go to talent, you gotta be a bit more ready made then Petch is at the moment surely?

What a load of s**t. As if a fringe player in a premiership contender is going to ask for a trade a month before finals. Do that and you are risking WAFL and missing a medallion when you are not an essential player to the cause.

Think we are a professional football club and not a bunch of immature babies however. Eagles had a slew of re signings in the last few weeks and Petch told the club of his intentions during that time frame. No point in costing your teammates cash on the false idea Eagles need to save some coin for a guy whose not going to be there anyway.

Source?

A lot of bs this time of year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Source?

A lot of bs this time of year.

Person who works for Eagles very big coaching dept. Talking about how we could get Tim Kelly even if we wanted him ie. we have no trade assets and he mentioned this as how we will get a second first rounder

Yes move it there please. I didnt mean to post it here

The offer is something we wouldnt dream of matching. More then 2 mill over 4 years

If you offer that much for a contracted player the price would be the first round pick surely? Whether he is worth it or not is debatable but to offer that much you gotta be extra keen
Not even remotely close. If a player is offered $500k per year, that's slightly above average, and would warrant a mid second round pick at absolute best. First rounder would be if he was getting paid 700+, which obviously would never happen

What a load of s**t. As if a fringe player in a premiership contender is going to ask for a trade a month before finals. Do that and you are risking WAFL and missing a medallion when you are not an essential player to the cause.

Also hes not worth a R1 pick anyway.

I'd say he'd be worth a pick in the 14-28 range. He's only 20 and has plenty of upside. First year of senior footy.

I'd be more than happy for us to part ways with a pick in that range for him too. If he wants to come home that's understandable. Will have a few clubs who would be inquiring about him (us, St Kilda, Melbourne, Hawks to name a few)

Not even remotely close. If a player is offered $500k per year, that's slightly above average, and would warrant a mid second round pick at absolute best. First rounder would be if he was getting paid 700+, which obviously would never happen

But he's under contract, so WC could demand a first rounder or tell them to bugger off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back