Autopsy Round 19, 2019: St.Kilda v Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t know how you can bring yourself to hate Melbourne. To supporters of other clubs they’re identical to us - historically unsuccessful and permanently irrelevant. I feel more of a sense of solidarity with them than anything.

I had fun when the game was iced by Billings remembering Dees fans to not forget their cheeseboards on the way out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude they were a powerhouse.
From the late 30s to early 1960s they were a monster of a dominant force.
Then their supporters all got complacent and pi**ed off to the snow and the rot set in.
We are nothing like them.

I just remember, “ where are YOU going to be in September?”
🤣🤣🤣

He is such an enigma, the comparisons I've seen now include Hodge, Pendlebury, Bontempelli and Hayes .. feel like there four pretty different players.

For m the closest player type is Rory Sloane.
I don't understand why he can't just be Hunter Clark.

Hunter just quietly looking comfortably better than every guy taken ahead of him (except for Stephenson, although he's not going great at the moment is he..)

Averaging 23 disposals 6 marks 4 tackles the last five games. Bloody gun.

Good call. If you redid the draft I reckon he goes 1 or 2. Stephenson obviously a forward star but I’d be leaning toward picking the silky & tough midfielder...

Long probably will continue to cop crap until he finds more of the footy, but I can't understand how some fans don't see something there with him.

He's got so many amazing tools, his hands are sticky, he's a one touch player, terrific leg speed, good foot skills, good in the air.

Once he gets his stats up from 10 a game to 15+ he's going to be a really good footballer.

He looks like a good little player. We seem to have nailed some value picks in the last few years. Paton and him are looking like future AFL players, both have some pace and skills. Dingley looks like he's still playing tight, once he relaxes he could be anything. Nice pace, smart positioning and work rate. Good at tackling, pressure and can get on the end of the ball in the right spots. If he'd played 50 plus games, he probably would have walked out of Marvel with 3 or 4 goals. Just needs to relax and back himself. I thought he was a guy who's name might have been his greatest asset but he looks a really good prospect.
The second shot at goal, he’d been involved at half back and charged forward into space without anyone following him.
I’m not sure where he came from for his goal but he should make the most of things while he’s not being given much respect by the opposition.

Great thing about the game(aside from winning) was our kids made mistakes, but they're getting valuable experience and will get better.

But fmd at the ground i felt like jumping the fence and throttling the snake. Ffs he's a senior player now, cut the bs out!! 4 goals he cost us.

View attachment 716551
I agree to an extend re Carlisle.. However , the way the melbourne player did the fake swinging punch, any of us would've reacted the same. How come the antagonist doesn't get punished?

Been away for the last 24 hours. I gather Melbourne won. Max way to good for Marshall. Ross would have struggled. No good. Anyway after that loss we could still beat Adelaide as they aren’t going well either. Pity we didn’t win because if we did and win next week we could be only percentage out of the 8. Bad luck boys

Been away for the last 24 hours. I gather Melbourne won. Max way to good for Marshall. Ross would have struggled. No good. Anyway after that loss we could still beat Adelaide as they aren’t going well either. Pity we didn’t win because if we did and win next week we could be only percentage out of the 8. Bad luck boys

d4f67b749a3bd71b7980d15a8b537ffd.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So how did all the Sinclair bashers rate his game this week?
I don’t think anyone bashed him. They had opinion about his game and if he should play or not. Those sort of comments are surly allowed and what you said is a very safe comment because I doubt if he is ordinary next week anyone is going to say how do the Sinclair lovers feel about his game this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are we playing him as a defender? The kid looks lost at times.

I’d like to see him further up the ground where he can show us what he can do with a bit more freedom.

He's not ready to displace anyone from the mid rotation except perhaps liquorlands.

So it's a situation where giving him a backline spot is better than nothing

Why are we playing him as a defender? The kid looks lost at times.

I’d like to see him further up the ground where he can show us what he can do with a bit more freedom.
He is a defender in the afl or a seconds player if you want to try him elsewhere. He is a fair way off the pace but I think we need to try him there. I think he played most of his junior footy there

Actually wasn’t fishing. Just I little low humour first thing Sunday morning with a shocking hangover which I normally don’t get.

Yep. Ol' Pluggs be like...

tenor-23.gif

I just remember, “ where are YOU going to be in September?”

Good call there Diehard.......that was from the game at the G late 2017 season.

That was a very tough day for us supporters.

Melb had raced out to a huge lead at the start and we slowly reeled them back in but as we have seen a lot over the last 2 years,it was too big a gap to over come.

Our finals thrust was basically over that day.

From memory.......that game was where the cheese board first surfaced and the pics of that made it all the more galling.

And for Melb to miss finals in the last round by about 0.01 % or whatever it was ....well...what can you say?

What Melb have done over the last 2 years is absolutely amazing when you think about it.

He is a defender in the afl or a seconds player if you want to try him elsewhere. He is a fair way off the pace but I think we need to try him there. I think he played most of his junior footy there

Even in his junior footy he struggled with the defensive side of his game. I agree that he’s a backman but would like to see him played higher up the ground. He needs to keep working on his defensive game because sides will continue to try & take him deep in defence & expose him one on one. Petracca really to him to the cleaners in the first half. Paton went to Petracca after half time & totally blanketed him. I think CP had 14 & 3 goals in the first half & then 6 & no goals in the second half.

Even in his junior footy he struggled with the defensive side of his game. I agree that he’s a backman but would like to see him played higher up the ground. He needs to keep working on his defensive game because sides will continue to try & take him deep in defence & expose him one on one. Petracca really to him to the cleaners in the first half. Paton went to Petracca after half time & totally blanketed him. I think CP had 14 & 3 goals in the first half & then 6 & no goals in the second half.
Well he will learn if played there or he will be out of the side. I’m not sure he learns if further up the ground and where does he play if we do that and who is he replacing. This is why he spent so much time at sandy. To learn defence. And he he still needs to learn. He will get there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back