Opinion 2020 membership renewal

If Ken remains senior coach will you be renewing for 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 77 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 83 51.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I've booked flights to Melbourne for the North game, decided I'll just have a weekend away instead and give the game a miss.

That's baaaad!

I'm even contemplating whether I'll go Saturday, that's REALLY baaad! (spoiler, I will (probably)).

I might head down for that North game.

I'll renew but will continue my absence from games until he is gone.
He is not entirely the problem with me, most of the problem, not all.
The fact the game is ******* rubbish at the moment adds to that.

I'll renew, not because I'm happy with Ken, but because I love the club. Coaches and Administrations come and go. The Club continues, except maybe it won't, it wasn't too long ago I had genuine fears that the club I love may no longer exist. People jumped off when we were struggling, they made excuses, they stopped rocking up and the club almost died. I don't really enjoy watching us play, but my love for the club outweighs my negative feelings about Ken.

It is pretty likely Ken will be here next year. We stupidly signed him to a deal ending 2021. With the way the soft cap spending on Football departments is designed, we are not going to be able to sack him.

So, I ask all the people posting that they are not going to renew to reconsider, I want my club to survive long into the future, and be successful, but it's not going to happen if people abandon the club. It will make the post-Ken years that much harder, because we will be further behind financially.

Spreading a message that "I'm not renewing my membership if Hinkley is still coach" is toxic and just plain stupid. Why even go there?? Why put the club further into debt coz you got your knickers in a knot about a coach. How does that help the bigger picture ??

Start a go fund me page to buy out the Hinkley contract. Be smarter. Don't kill the club we love by acting like muppets

There's many more reasons not to renew memberships. Hinkley is just one reason.
The fact we have two moronic outsiders as assistants is another reason. Hopefully one pisses off to the Vic club he sat down with last week.
The fact Koch and KT are inept AFL monkeys who think they can white wash over every major issue.
The clubs social media people are even deleting negative comments on facebook now.

Don't worry, they really really really care what you think, that's why they send you a survey every year. They have predetermined answers and almost no option to give your own personal opinion because they really really care what you think.

I wonder if we will get any more "personalized" emails from KT this season.

I moved interstate at the start of 2018. We dropped 2 gold season tickets and 2 kids memberships down to one club membership for me. I would have kept 4 non ticket memberships if it wasn't for the Hinkley extension.
I'm not sure I can drop that last membership but if we get rid of Ken I'd be re-signing up my wife and kids memberships

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Why don't you like your neighbour? If I were you I'd downgrade (if Hinkley remains) or ask the club to move seats.

I dunno where I want to sit to be honest. Any seat sucks currently 😂

I will renew until the end of my existence...or at this rate the clubs existence.

Might move though and take advantage of the membership dip :).

Why don't you like your neighbour? If I were you I'd downgrade (if Hinkley remains) or ask the club to move seats.

The 5 seats next to me were bought by Crows flogs just for the away showdown. They’re really annoying, the loud clapper type, plus their friends they give tickets away too aren’t much better. They count to our membership! Grrr

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 5 seats next to me were bought by Crows flogs just for the away showdown. They’re really annoying, the loud clapper type, plus their friends they give tickets away too aren’t much better. They count to our membership! Grrr

What level of membership are you at there? Are people seriously buying 5 Port memberships for 1 game a year? I get into every Crows home showdown without an issue just buying tickets when they're released.

Spreading a message that "I'm not renewing my membership if Hinkley is still coach" is toxic and just plain stupid. Why even go there?? Why put the club further into debt coz you got your knickers in a knot about a coach. How does that help the bigger picture ??

Start a go fund me page to buy out the Hinkley contract. Be smarter. Don't kill the club we love by acting like muppets

now that's going over the Top... so ya reckon they'll come and get your fund-me Money & buy out Kern's contract? Who? KT? You have already worked out the whole deal? So if that's your money - should you perhaps have a say in the next Coach-candidate?

Kern's an embarrassment to the game/club - an anti-football weirdo who have no business managing/coaching a team. The majority of original List and assistants have been turned over but he remains the constant together with his experimental failures.

GET HIM OUT - THAT'S THE BIG PICTURE. CAN'T GET ANY CLEARER THAN THAT.
AS FOR DEBT - THEY WILL WORK IT OUT. THE CLUB WILL ALWAYS BE THERE/HERE DON'T YOU WORRY. IT COULD GO PINK FROM TEAL NEXT. DUNNO WHICH MUPPET WILL BE WEARING PINK. AND, MAY I ADD I DON'T LIKE TO SEE COACHES SMILING AFTER A WEAK LIMP DISMAL PERFORMANCE.

There are really very few bad seats in the house.

Mine are terrible. I have a totally unobstructed view of how s**t we are. The club could at least have the decency to put up a pillar or something so I don't have to watch us play.

If Hinkley’s Port Adelaide was a movie franchise, or ‘Cinematic Universe’ in the parlance of our times, would you keep going to see each instalment in theatres?

Same boring, predictable, recycled plot.

Most of the cast are fast becoming loathsome, if not already. The rest are phoning in their performances. Sure there’s a few stars left, but even they’d be wondering what they were thinking when they signed on and would secretly prefer to be elsewhere — and we’re not talking Scorsese and the Coen Bros here, even a turn on daytime tele would be preferable to working under footy’s answer to Tommy Wiseau.

now that's going over the Top... so ya reckon they'll come and get your fund-me Money & buy out Kern's contract? Who? KT? You have already worked out the whole deal? So if that's your money - should you perhaps have a say in the next Coach-candidate?

Kern's an embarrassment to the game/club - an anti-football weirdo who have no business managing/coaching a team. The majority of original List and assistants have been turned over but he remains the constant together with his experimental failures.

GET HIM OUT - THAT'S THE BIG PICTURE. CAN'T GET ANY CLEARER THAN THAT.
AS FOR DEBT - THEY WILL WORK IT OUT. THE CLUB WILL ALWAYS BE THERE/HERE DON'T YOU WORRY. IT COULD GO PINK FROM TEAL NEXT. DUNNO WHICH MUPPET WILL BE WEARING PINK. AND, MAY I ADD I DON'T LIKE TO SEE COACHES SMILING AFTER A WEAK LIMP DISMAL PERFORMANCE.

Apparently it's our fault we are unhappy, or some s**t or whatever rotting carcass stench is brewing between his ears.

What level of membership are you at there? Are people seriously buying 5 Port memberships for 1 game a year? I get into every Crows home showdown without an issue just buying tickets when they're released.

Platinum I think. They wanted their normal seats!!!!

I like my seats but I don’t like my neighbour, undecided what to do?
Wear boxing gloves.

When he asks why you’re wearing boxing gloves at the footy, you’ll know what to do.

I will change all of mine (currently paying highest tier for GF tickets but prefer to sit in the lowest section) to kids memberships to reserve my seats until he is gone.

Mine are terrible. I have a totally unobstructed view of how s**t we are. The club could at least have the decency to put up a pillar or something so I don't have to watch us play.
Yeah I did notice that when I went to book seats for a one-off. They have some seats in the better sections which offer an obstructed view. Sadly they were all already booked before I got on.

Wow. Aside from the impact of your game-day enjoyment (an oxymoron for Port at AO in any case), widening our revenue base in this way seems very smart by the Club.

Back