Shayna Jack:- Will her case prove Australia's hypocrisy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Catters 070911

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
I have noticed no posts talking about Shayna Jack. I wonder why?

Is it because the self-righteous on here have gone into hiding, from their shame at being exposed as hypocrites?

For years, Australian athletes have moaned and whined whenever they lose, that they were beaten by a drug cheat. They are never beaten by a better opponent on the day, or someone more talented or better than them. No, no. They make excuses for being second-best.

They blame all their losses on drug cheats. Drug cheats, who are ALWAYS from other countries, and often from countries containing people who are a different color or race. They call for bans, show no mercy, and accept no excuses. You are guilty until proven innocent, and treated worse than a murderer or a paedophile.

Well, one of our own has now been caught. Let's see what the response is.

She is saying she is innocent. But nobody who gets caught is ever innocent, are they? It doesn't matter if there is no evidence, no proof. You are responsible for what you put in your own body.

Unless you are Samantha Riley, who ate a pill at the bottom of her gym bag, and yet it was her coach, Scott Volkers, who got blamed and sacked. But isn't an athlete responsible for what he or she puts in their body, no excuses? But then, she got no punishment, and won gold in the pool.

Jack needs to be banned for life and shunned. She should be shown no mercy, like the lack of mercy that Australians have for any other person suspected of being a drug cheat, like Essendon, Maria Sharapova or other countries who beat us. She needs to be judged harshly, and treated like a leper, because she committed a crime worse than anything else, according to the overzealous AOC.

Not surprised it was covered up, though. I have suspected for years that other athletes have been drug cheats, but it has been covered up, so that we can continue in our self-righteous condemnation of anyone who beats us. Shayna opened her mouth and confessed to it. I bet the AOC and others would never have said anything and buried it, along with others, if she had not done that.

Her sin was doping. Her greater sin was saying that she failed a drug test. How can we now point fingers at others, and show ourselves better morally than the rest?

It's just like the cricket. Cricketers for years bagged other countries who ball-tampered, but then were exposed as doing it themselves. Australia had to be harsh on them, since they would be hypocritical if they weren't. Not opening our big mouths, and mind our own business, instead of playing cop against other nations, so that we have a convienient excuse for losing, would have not required such a harsh penalty.

Besides, Australians don't mind some "performance-enhancing" ourselves. The other day, I saw Kathy Freeman's race from Sydney 2000. Everyone lauds it, except for one thing. She was wearing a bodysuit, which gave her an unfair advantage. Swimmers also wore bodysuits and smashed record after record in the pool. If another country had worn those suits, and won, we would be screaming like pigs. But it's okay when WE do it.

I think Jack needs to be punished harshly, to make an example of her, and to prove we are serious about drugs in sport. Or else, maybe it is time to get off your high horses, stop pointing fingers and thinking your s**t doesn't stink, and shut the hell up about others beating us because they are on drugs.

Disgraceful stuff. She’s tested positive and will do her time. Seemingly another supplements victim.

But equally that’s why many professional athletes are paranoid about what they eat, drink or medicate with. Easy to spike a drink or plant something in food. At the end of the day a professional athlete is responsible for any substance in their body.

Disgraceful stuff. She’s tested positive and will do her time. Seemingly another supplements victim.

But equally that’s why many professional athletes are paranoid about what they eat, drink or medicate with. Easy to spike a drink or plant something in food. At the end of the day a professional athlete is responsible for any substance in their body.

Reckon most people, if they went through what they’d consumed over the years, would have inadvertently “doped” at some stage (particularly when caffeine was on the prohibited list!).
Only differences is we were never good enough at sport to have to pee in a cup for someone.

The public tends to be skeptical about protestations of innocence. Didn't the Collingwood players try to blame contaminated steak before coming clean?

Best to say nothing until after the investigation is complete, even if innocent.

• Banned
Reckon most people, if they went through what they’d consumed over the years, would have inadvertently “doped” at some stage (particularly when caffeine was on the prohibited list!).
Only differences is we were never good enough at sport to have to pee in a cup for someone.

Fencer Alex Watson, an Australian, was found positive for caffeine years ago, but said that it was from drinking heaps of coffee.

Australia has an appalling doping violations record and yet Australians continue to point fingers at other athletes and countries.

Sports Doping Violations by country (2016) - top 4

1. Italy (147)
2. France (86)
3. USA (76)
4. Australia (75)
Where is Russia in that list? Does that 75 include the Essendon 34?

What Australians tend to remember is that some other nations have a government systemic doping system - the old East European and Soviet Bloc countries, when the wall came down the evidence is there of a government run doping program.

The Chinese system since Ma's middle distance female runners in the mid 1990's to the 1994 Rome swim world champs where they won all the women events except for 2, won by Sam Riley - hint hint, to 1998 World Champs in Perth where Chinese were found with drugs and female swimmers looked liked body builders.

Then the Russian head of their Anti-Doping Agency details in full the systemic government doping breaches in Putin's Russia who goes and poisons people with nerve gas and jails anyone threatening the regime. Putin made sure Russia would be the top nation for Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics, so why stop after that?

So for certain nationalities, Australians will automatically believe are cheats because history shows governments there, have either instituted the doping program or have deliberately ignored it.

For western nations Australians tend to see individual dopers rather than nation wide government sponsored / encouraged doping. s**t Australians who are a fan of NFL or MLB knows its almost compulsory to take steroids, HGH, testostorone etc to compete. But if the governing bodies of those sports and most of their sports fans in the US, don't give a stuff about doping, why should Australian fans of NFL or MLB???

Where is Russia in that list? Does that 75 include the Essendon 34?

What Australians tend to remember is that some other nations have a government systemic doping system - the old East European and Soviet Bloc countries, when the wall came down the evidence is there of a government run doping program.

The Chinese system since Ma's middle distance female runners in the mid 1990's to the 1994 Rome swim world champs where they won all the women events except for 2, won by Sam Riley - hint hint, to 1998 World Champs in Perth where Chinese were found with drugs and female swimmers looked liked body builders.

Then the Russian head of their Anti-Doping Agency details in full the systemic government doping breaches in Putin's Russia who goes and poisons people with nerve gas and jails anyone threatening the regime. Putin made sure Russia would be the top nation for Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics, so why stop after that?

So for certain nationalities, Australians will automatically believe are cheats because history shows governments there, have either instituted the doping program or have deliberately ignored it.

For western nations Australians tend to see individual dopers rather than nation wide government sponsored / encouraged doping. s**t Australians who are a fan of NFL or MLB knows its almost compulsory to take steroids, HGH, testostorone etc to compete. But if the governing bodies of those sports and most of their sports fans in the US, don't give a stuff about doping, why should Australian fans of NFL or MLB???

"WADA Report highlights 1,595 confirmed Anti-Doping Rule Violations (ADRVs) in 2016, involving individuals from 117 nationalities and across 112 sports"

The top 10 for 2016 according to WADA report: Russia 6th

Doping violations 2016.JPG

By sport athletics had the most violations.

doping violations 2016 by sport.JPG

Currently there are 63 Australian athletes serving bans (as listed by ASADA's web site https://www.asada.gov.au/sanctions )

Last edited:
Got a link?

Two links: One is ASADA's web site that shows 63 current Australian athletes who are serving doping bans.

And WADA's website where you can download their 2016 doping violations reports

Can get pdf file from here

Got a link?

The doping violations dont spread evenly across all sports in Australia with the majority coming from powerlifting, body building, cycling. There are also bans in Tennis, Swimming, Rugby, Volleyball, Basketball, baseball, boxing, athletics, motor cycling etc.

There are some odd bans ones - BMX and Surf Life Saving?

BMX ban.JPG

surf lifesaving ban.JPG

Bombers were lucky in the end - they just missed the introduction of 4 year bans for doping violations. The 34 bombers received the maximum 2 year ban allowable at the time (several months were deducted due to delays not of their own doing)

Haha my first guess after reading that sentence and before reading the summary was stimulants. :)

BMX rider got done for a host of steroids, lifesaver for a cognitive enhancer.

"WADA Report highlights 1,595 confirmed Anti-Doping Rule Violations (ADRVs) in 2016, involving individuals from 117 nationalities and across 112 sports"

The top 10 for 2016 according to WADA report: Russia 6th

View attachment 717394

By sport athletics had the most violations.

View attachment 717395

Currently there are 63 Australian athletes serving bans (as listed by ASADA's web site https://www.asada.gov.au/sanctions )

There’s more than the 63 listed on the ASADA site that have current sanctions (source: I know of a handleful of people who are no longer on that list but are currently ineligible to compete due to doping violations)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BMX rider got done for a host of steroids, lifesaver for a cognitive enhancer.
Yeah I know, I read the summary under the sentence, but WG said there were some odd bans, and well known 'stimulants" associated with these sports was my first though.

Yeah I know, I read the summary under the sentence, but WG said there were some odd bans, and well known 'stimulants" associated with these sports was my first though.

Ah, gotcha!
Though I’m not sure I’d consider cannabis a stimulant 😂
I’m not entirely sure how popular surf lifesaving is, but it does appear over represented in the sanction list.
Maybe because it is fairly low profile and even the “pros” are more or less amateurs? (Thus having less knowledge of the doping process, prohibited substances as well as more of a “well i wont get tested” attitude?)

Jack needs to be banned for life and shunned.
Can't happen. Courts around the world have overturned life bans for first offences.

Ben Johnson was given a life ban. Some American was given a life ban and took it to court and the US courts said you can't do that so the Olympic sports, sporting federations changed their bans to 2 years for first offence, then 4 years then second one and life for third offence. This became the standard when WADA was set up in 2000.

WADA code changed around time Armstrong was caught and the first ban is 4 years now, and life time ban is only given, if like Armstrong, you refuse to even acknowledge and participate in your national ADA's investigation process.

You'd have thought we'd collectively learned our lesson with the ball tampering debacle yet here we are.

Propaganda, jingoism (and outright racism) and self-righteousness is a hell of a cocktail.

Imagine getting sucked in to the extent you actually tell yourself that some sore loser flog is the good guy for throwing a hissy fit? Because the Chinese are all dopers, even though the actual evidence shows Australians are much worse? Because the winner was cleared and like children we refuse to accept the outcome?

And all this ridiculous grandstanding is going to get us is our athletes being targeted even more after the political backlash. You'd want to be extra careful taking stuff if you were an Australian swimmer from now on.

Pathetic and sad. Yet also hilarious.

I have noticed no posts talking about Shayna Jack. I wonder why?

Is it because the self-righteous on here have gone into hiding, from their shame at being exposed as hypocrites?

For years, Australian athletes have moaned and whined whenever they lose, that they were beaten by a drug cheat. They are never beaten by a better opponent on the day, or someone more talented or better than them. No, no. They make excuses for being second-best.

They blame all their losses on drug cheats. Drug cheats, who are ALWAYS from other countries, and often from countries containing people who are a different color or race. They call for bans, show no mercy, and accept no excuses. You are guilty until proven innocent, and treated worse than a murderer or a paedophile.

Well, one of our own has now been caught. Let's see what the response is.

She is saying she is innocent. But nobody who gets caught is ever innocent, are they? It doesn't matter if there is no evidence, no proof. You are responsible for what you put in your own body.

Unless you are Samantha Riley, who ate a pill at the bottom of her gym bag, and yet it was her coach, Scott Volkers, who got blamed and sacked. But isn't an athlete responsible for what he or she puts in their body, no excuses? But then, she got no punishment, and won gold in the pool.

Jack needs to be banned for life and shunned. She should be shown no mercy, like the lack of mercy that Australians have for any other person suspected of being a drug cheat, like Essendon, Maria Sharapova or other countries who beat us. She needs to be judged harshly, and treated like a leper, because she committed a crime worse than anything else, according to the overzealous AOC.

Not surprised it was covered up, though. I have suspected for years that other athletes have been drug cheats, but it has been covered up, so that we can continue in our self-righteous condemnation of anyone who beats us. Shayna opened her mouth and confessed to it. I bet the AOC and others would never have said anything and buried it, along with others, if she had not done that.

Her sin was doping. Her greater sin was saying that she failed a drug test. How can we now point fingers at others, and show ourselves better morally than the rest?

It's just like the cricket. Cricketers for years bagged other countries who ball-tampered, but then were exposed as doing it themselves. Australia had to be harsh on them, since they would be hypocritical if they weren't. Not opening our big mouths, and mind our own business, instead of playing cop against other nations, so that we have a convienient excuse for losing, would have not required such a harsh penalty.

Besides, Australians don't mind some "performance-enhancing" ourselves. The other day, I saw Kathy Freeman's race from Sydney 2000. Everyone lauds it, except for one thing. She was wearing a bodysuit, which gave her an unfair advantage. Swimmers also wore bodysuits and smashed record after record in the pool. If another country had worn those suits, and won, we would be screaming like pigs. But it's okay when WE do it.

I think Jack needs to be punished harshly, to make an example of her, and to prove we are serious about drugs in sport. Or else, maybe it is time to get off your high horses, stop pointing fingers and thinking your s**t doesn't stink, and shut the hell up about others beating us because they are on drugs.
There's a good thread on Bay 13. Throw the book at her.It disgusts me that everyone including the media say she must have taken something inadvertently. She's a straight up cheat.Apparantly there could be a facilitator involved.

I have not heard one Australian swimming person call her a drug cheat yet, it's double standards.

My bet is she ran into a guy that told her he has some gear and that it's totally undetectable, the same story as all the other drug cheats.

Haven't really followed it but didn't she test positive for a SARM? I'm involved in amateur sport which is subject to ASADA testing. You're told from day one you are responsible for what is in your body. I'm not buying this tainted supplement nonsense (if that's her line) - the only supplements that these athletes would (or should) be using are your vanilla type tested by WADA etc. No way a SARM would show up in one of these and if it did, we'd all know about it by now. My read on it is she probably throught the SARM (if that's what it is) was not able to be detected and she rolled the dice.

How can Jack have received a four year penalty when there has been no Anti-Doping Tribunal to hear her case, decide on guilt or innocence and then determine a penalty if needed - I am surprised that some still have little knowledge of the Anti-Doping process works.

Came across a news article that talked about Jack having a photo on a social media page talking up a particular brand of protein powder.
Did have a chuckle as if that is considered news article worthy then there’d be hundreds of news articles each day about athletes advertising particular supplement brands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back