Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't heard from our everyday Blue Basher J.Ralph for a while now, a bloke who like many other media people without a clue who thrive on repetitively kicking a club around week after week, back in'ya hole?
He had a breakdown after Saturday night, he was last seen being carted away. All the best Ralphy

Yeah just read the article, doesn't change anything though in my opinion he's treated us pretty ordinary over the years.
NB: We've been pretty ordinary over the years. Soft targets. Not a writer's role to make the supporters feel all warm and fuzzy. The better press is coming.......

NB: We've been pretty ordinary over the years. Soft targets. Not a writer's role to make the supporters feel all warm and fuzzy. The better press is coming.......
Absolutely been ordinary and no doubt have deserved it, no problem at all but when it's just gutter journalism and basically very poor personal theories without any thought or research at all, it's poor form imo.
Agree... it's going to be good from now on 👍

What gets me with these types of articles is the 'worst list I have ever seen' has suddenly changed to 'star studded midfields / forward line' or Jack Silvagni is the most improved player etc.

Yeah only to the most inept observers.

What gets me with these types of articles is the 'worst list I have ever seen' has suddenly changed to 'star studded midfields / forward line' or Jack Silvagni is the most improved player etc.

Yeah only to the most inept observers.
Most journalists have the attention span of a crayon and can only observe the blatantly obvious. A small handful will rise above and lead the discussion, most will simply put their spin on what the hot topic currently is.

Sad really

The absolute state of this View attachment 717708
This is the same rating system that has Sam Walsh the 4TH best first year player in the competition ...

What the fu** is going on
The rating system is only a few years old and obviously flawed but the algorithm will be continuously improved and perfected as time goes on. I think at this stage, no one is really taking the official player ratings too seriously, more of an indicator on who played alright on the weekend according to a robot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rating system is only a few years old and obviously flawed but the algorithm will be continuously improved and perfected as time goes on. I think at this stage, no one is really taking the official player ratings too seriously, more of an indicator on who played alright on the weekend according to a robot.
Surely even a robot can do the maths on the = most clearances ever in an AFL game.

Maybe just maybe the last spot on the bench for Crippa

He missed one match after failing to kick a goal in the previous three.

Why the * would we be interested in a very mature aged small forward who is horribly out of form?

If he hadn’t played for us previously there would be no talk. Reporters have gone all romantic to try and pretend there is something that might be possibly a very small chance of being discussed, at a general level, between clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back