Drake Huggins

Club Legend
May 2, 2018
The ghost of the G.G. Huggins Stand
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Stoke City, Southampton.
No your maths is perfect - but you forgot to add that on top of that we would still need to win each game by around 50 points per game.Lets call it by its true name

"The road to the highly implausible, but still mathematically possible finals."

Nothing wrong with finishing 13th - takes out the drama of having to pick a HBF at Pick 3 or 4.

Pick 7 - St Kilda Sam Flanders

Hi diddly ho, drafterino!!

TheEnsign

Club Legend
Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Jun 24, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Well, we should know by Saturday night. Based on the draw I reckon Port looking the most likely to make it, although they have a huge stumbling block in EFC next and their form has generally been pretty up and down.

Edit: Also, we need to win all four games from here (or win three and draw one) to make finals, with our percentage there is no way we can lose a game and make it.

Last edited:

Max the great

Premiership Player
Feb 22, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
No your maths is perfect - but you forgot to add that on top of that we would still need to win each game by around 50 points per game.Lets call it by its true name

"The road to the highly implausible, but still mathematically possible finals."

Nothing wrong with finishing 13th - takes out the drama of having to pick a HBF at Pick 3 or 4.

Pick 7 - St Kilda Sam Flanders
No we don't.. not at all.

I am not even thinking of finals.

I had us finishing 8-12 this season, at the moment it looks like i am on track.

Get the season over and dusted, name the coach, cull some deadwood and bring in some talent, thats all i am worried about at the moment :D

Same here Cornish.

Not thinking of finals......there's been way too much disappointment this season for me to start getting pumped up on that subject.

My eyes are firmly fixed on 2020.

If by some miracle.....and I'm not Scott Morrison......we get to 8th.....that would be a huge boost for the whole club and supporter base......again......building everything towards the 2020 season.

I just checked my pre season prediction(a group 5 ex workmates meet 3 times a year.....pre,mid and post season to discuss the state of affairs over numerous bevvies at a nominated pub) which was that we'd finish 10th with 10 wins.

That prediction is not looking too shabby atm.

After the Bris game I thought that end result was "mission impossible"

Like Cornish,I'm just looking forward to how the team does over the next 4 games,who the new coach is,who we select in the draft and who is traded in and out.

For me,that will round out the year quite nicely.

I'm very optimistic for 2020.

Ducky Tie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think that is close to impossible especially if it’s Adelaide. Win every game and we are in. Lose one and we have as much hope of making it as I have of getting a phone call off Miranda Kerr tonight
I dunno, it is a weird year. Anything could happen, either way. Crows could easily lose to Eagles (A), Pies (H) and Dogs (A) in their last three. I reckon 11 wins is a pretty decent chance of getting finals so if the Crows win 2 I think they're in but their form is awful.

I'm serious. Not seduced by the last 2 weeks. Even Carlton is 50/50.
Im not either , i wasnt seduced by the first 5 weeks either but i think we will win at least 1 maybe Two , Both interstate games are going to be tough

Jun 4, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
can't see us winning v the crows over there. They've had the wood on us for a long time, their midfield destroyed us last time we played. Sure they're slow but we weren't fast enough to counter it, and they bullied us around the ball. Maybe if hanners and stack jeven come in and get to work but I dunno.

prove me wrong saints!

edit: stack jevens* apologies

Yeah, most likely outcome this week for mine is that the bubble pops big time. Betts 6, Jenkins 4, we lose by 8-10 goals.

Only chance of a win is if vintage Hanners comes in.

If we do win I’ll be a believer though.

It depends on how Adelaide respond, they have been s**t lately. They have to win this and all the pressure is on them. They either come out and make a statement or they fumble about and lose with the weight of the world on their shoulders. This is almost a rebuild on the line for them.

Sully111

Premiership Player
Jun 10, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
We could win them all... we could lose them all. I know i'm stating the obvious but that's where i feel we're at. I know we won on the weekend but for parts of the game we were pretty bad down to our ball use again. I give us a chance this weekend but if the crows absolutely smash us it wouldn't surprise me that much. I don't trust this team to perform week to week yet, again, mainly due to their ball use.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
We could win them all... we could lose them all. I know i'm stating the obvious but that's where i feel we're at. I know we won on the weekend but for parts of the game we were pretty bad down to our ball use again. I give us a chance this weekend but if the crows absolutely smash us it wouldn't surprise me that much. I don't trust this team to perform week to week yet, again, mainly due to their ball use.
I’m with you. All four are 70/70 games.

Back