Racing July Daily Punt- Banana_bus vs the Hoops of Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Have got mail that the 2 top jocks in melb and another one who has a zoo are implicated in pack riding. Another TWENTY! trainers and jocks being investigated as well and its not looking good, another trainer with initial RL is going to go in the next couple of days.. Things are crook in Tootgarook!

I assume pack riding is exactly what it sounds like it is? I.e they are both trying to achieve the same outcome by making a certain horse win the race?

See it happen every day in racing, one of the bigger disgraces going round. Exhibit A Beau Mertens on Forever Loud on Saturday being sent out with only 1 task - pestering Cant Be Done in the lead and costing it the race. He finishes dead last but he still picks up a nice little paper bag full of Benjamins.

I assume pack riding is exactly what it sounds like it is? I.e they are both trying to achieve the same outcome by making a certain horse win the race?

See it happen every day in racing, one of the bigger disgraces going round. Exhibit A Beau Mertens on Forever Loud on Saturday being sent out with only 1 task - pestering Cant Be Done in the lead and costing it the race. He finishes dead last but he still picks up a nice little paper bag full of Benjamins.
more likely trying to get something beaten. its easier but thats a perfect example

Have got mail that the 2 top jocks in melb and another one who has a zoo are implicated in pack riding. Another TWENTY! trainers and jocks being investigated as well and its not looking good, another trainer with initial RL is going to go in the next couple of days.. Things are crook in Tootgarook!
Have seen the exact same thing to you

Jockeys are Williams, Oliver and Chris Symons & RL is Robbie Laing

Update from a better source. the jockey pack riding wont be investigated as they dont have enough evidence or funds to persue. the 20 trainer thing the same thing. Weir team riding the stewards have wiped their hands as its in the hands of the police... and there has definitely been a positive from the Ramsden.

Update from a better source. the jockey pack riding wont be investigated as they dont have enough evidence or funds to persue. the 20 trainer thing the same thing. Weir team riding the stewards have wiped their hands as its in the hands of the police... and there has definitely been a positive from the Ramsden.

So in other words.... move along, nothing to see here.

Corrupt "sport" is corrupt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A statement released on Monday afternoon said, "Racing Victoria (RV) can confirm that the testing of samples collected from horses competing in The Andrew Ramsden (2800m) and the Straight Six (1200m) at Flemington on Saturday, 25 May 2019 has now been completed.

"Prizemoney earned in both races will be paid to all owners and participants in the coming days."

A statement released on Monday afternoon said, "Racing Victoria (RV) can confirm that the testing of samples collected from horses competing in The Andrew Ramsden (2800m) and the Straight Six (1200m) at Flemington on Saturday, 25 May 2019 has now been completed.

"Prizemoney earned in both races will be paid to all owners and participants in the coming days."
But no prizemoney for Steel Prince owners?

hahahha unbelievable..... my mail came from a steward... swept under the carpet again!!

I see Scales of Justice was given a PB 121 by timeform.

in a first up effort over a distance he hasn't won over since his first 4 starts in what were extremely moderate 3yo grade.

i have no problem with the 121, I just personally couldn't give the horse a career peak first up off a year, 1200m, at his 25th start as a rising 7yo, being a G1 winning miler and probably unlucky not to be a dual G1 winner if Prebble could judge a winning post. just logcially not a huge chance that this is factually correct PB.

how many lengths does Scales of Justice beat Mystic Journey by? i say 2-2.5L.

Had she won that race on Saturday and then still been going around winning Cox Plates in October they should just elevate her to immortal status immediately.

i have no problem with the 121, I just personally couldn't give the horse a career peak first up off a year, 1200m, at his 25th start as a rising 7yo, being a G1 winning miler and probably unlucky not to be a dual G1 winner if Prebble could judge a winning post. just logcially not a huge chance that this is factually correct PB.

This is where they force themselves into/reinforce high ratings in a vicious cycle - given the ludicrous rating they gave Vega last year they had to give him something reasonably high given the win looked every bit as dominant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back