Universal Love Keith Thomas

Remove this Banner Ad

He didn't look well. And as soon as the last interview was done he was gone.

Well he's in a lose lose situation isn't he.

1. Sack the coach and the masses are happy but doesn't go well for giving Ken his extension in the first place (and will cost$$).

2. Keep ken and he has 90% of the supporter base against him (which he is clearly feeling).

He also sees the low crowd, low $$ etc... back to 2012.....

By moving Ken on does it imply he should resign? I don't think so, if we get the right coach to lead this great group then all this bollocks on Big Footy will fade away once we start correcting a few things (which Ken has proven he is incapable of doing) and winning again.

I reckon he knows what he has to do, he can't keep changing players and assistant coaches forever can he, he has to move Ken on.

He's only human after all and been pretty good, Ken is the failure.

This is the best communication from the club in a long, long time.

Yes actions speak louder than words but that is a bloody brave email that shirks no blame.

Well done KT.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

100% this. Yes, actions speak louder than words, but up until now they haven't even given us words. This is the first time the club has properly and publicly acknowledged the supporter discontent.

Hopefully this is the first step towards some action. I note with interest that while the email isn't negative in any way towards Hinkley, it isn't expressly supportive of him either.

Why the problem with "stay tuned" ?

Obviously things are in motion but until the end of the season his hands are tied.

To me that says we can expect some changes to happen and he hears us but some patience is needed.
Yeah, at the moment all things seem to be pointing to an end of year review which hopefully shake things up from the top down.

The email suggests to me that Ken is not going any where and he is pleeding with fans to stay thick.

The members didn't want co- captains, did they listen.
We were not the ones responsible for Ken's extension, the club was.
7 years and slowly slipping down the ladder, our fault too.

WTF, it's all our fault.

KT spoke about putting things right then wrote this...

But Port Adelaide is about winning and it’s about its putting its community first.
I promise you, we’re going to do more of that.
So stay tuned.

That is just it KT. How about we put winning a Premiership first and let the community take care of itself?

Sorry Keith sob stories won’t wash,you and the board stuffed up with the head coach extension, appointing co captains who aren’t up to it so don’t expect the members and supporters to read your letter and say ok we understand and turn up week in week out for another two years of Hinkley supposedly taking us to another flag.

Realistically, that was about as strong an email as a football club CEO could possibly pen in the current scenario. It was an admission of the club's failings over many years and an acknowledgement that he understands exactly what we as supporters are saying and thinking. I liked it.

People in this thread are calling for actions rather than words. I think that's fair enough. Let's wait and see what actions are taken over the next couple of months before we jump on KT again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Realistically, that was about as strong an email as a football club CEO could possibly pen in the current scenario. It was an admission of the club's failings over many years and an acknowledgement that he understands exactly what we as supporters are saying and thinking. I liked it.

People in this thread are calling for actions rather than words. I think that's fair enough. Let's wait and see what actions are taken over the next couple of months before we jump on KT again.
If Ken's still here next year, I know what I will be doing on my weekends.

Stop trying to fluff us KT.
Own it. Fix it.
We'll love you for it.

This is the key KT.

And it must include the two biggest f@&k ups that the Club has made in recent years i.e. Hinkley’s extension and the Co-Captains decision.

Two admissions plus corresponding corrective action and you’ll get 95% of the herd back onside. Guaranteed.

Your time starts now.

Once I get confirmation the coach is gone I will renew 3 season tickets for next year. As simple as that Keith. But once you double down on this Muppet again we are gone.

He still doesn't get it. He knows people are angry, but that's it. This doesn't feel much different to other emails.
Words don't mean jack s**t at this point. Don't talk about it, be about it.

See you at the footy!
How many times have we been told we're being listened to man. Far out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back