Should Chris Scott be sanctioned?

It wasn't the umps. It was the Matchday manager and Scott was seeking clarification because Swans went over the rotation limit.
but they actually didn't - guy complains about rules not being followed (even when he's wrong) but he can't ******* follow them himself.

Jimmy Yamazaki

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
but they actually didn't - guy complains about rules not being followed (even when he's wrong) but he can't ******* follow them himself.

Swans got given an extra rotation because of concussion which was allowed, Scott was clarifying what it was for. It was said by the commentators as well.

Swans got given an extra rotation because of concussion which was allowed, Scott was clarifying what it was for. It was said by the commentators as well.
is it in the rules to approach an umpire during a quarter time break and have a go at them for what the coach perceived (and was incorrect about) a bad call?

Jimmy Yamazaki

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
is it in the rules to approach an umpire during a quarter time break and have a go at them for what the coach perceived (and was incorrect about) a bad call?

The one that BigCox88 and I are talking about happened after the game today, not last weeks one.

To answer your question I honestly don't know if it is or not.

Aug 27, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Keep saying a really good new Underbelly series should be based on the AFL and the dodgy stuff thats gone on through the decades.

It would be right up there for that style of tv drama. Sex, drugs, corruption, big money, violence, affairs, powerful people and a play ground for some massive egos.

So so funny!
Don't forget Gills Au Pair girls.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Nothing will happen while the Geelong mafia is running city hall. Gil doesn’t give a fu** anymore, doubt he ever comes into the office and if he does he’s sauced and asleep under his desk by 11 am.

Hocking just drives a truck through the joint and no one bats an eyelid. Gives his old Geelong chums the green light to do whatever. As for the commissioners they are ******* useless

Yeah like hosting finals. We just have a free ride

Aug 27, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
That’s like saying why question any decision during the game that’s already been made
No its not, he is a coach not a player, when do coaches go on the field and question the umpires decisions during a game, they wait and send a letter to the AFL, or have a coffee with Gill.

Scott is embarrassing with his constant complaining and not so subtle whinges on every football show he goes on

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
No its not, he is a coach not a player, when do coaches go on the field and question the umpires decisions during a game, they wait and send a letter to the AFL, or have a coffee with Gill.

Scott is embarrassing with his constant complaining and not so subtle whinges on every football show he goes on

Is that what Hardwick did when he publicly questioned the umpires treatment of jack Riewoldt?

That was tough to find by the way. First search result for ‘Hardwick questions umpires.’

Was his press conference delivered via a letter to Gil?

Because I don’t think it was.

Or this year when he had a whinge about De Boer’s shut down of Dustin Martin?

Was the presser held at a cafe over a coffee with Gil? (Third search result, by the way)

Seems to me when someone from a club you dislike questions umpiring in a way you don’t like, you’re fine to call it out, but you’re pretty keen to ignore someone doing it on a public platform and making a stink.

Or hey, maybe we could bring up the time Hardwick was fined for.....

Abusing an umpire during a game.

Now unless that third quarter confrontation was actually held during a meeting with Gil, it seems like you’ve kind of forgotten to use lube on your own argument.

F***ing self righteous Richmond fans 😂😂😂😂

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Is that what Hardwick did when he publicly questioned the umpires treatment of jack Riewoldt?

That was tough to find by the way. First search result for ‘Hardwick questions umpires.’

Was his press conference delivered via a letter to Gil?

Because I don’t think it was.

Or this year when he had a whinge about De Boer’s shut down of Dustin Martin?

Was the presser held at a cafe over a coffee with Gil? (Third search result, by the way)

Seems to me when someone from a club you dislike questions umpiring in a way you don’t like, you’re fine to call it out, but you’re pretty keen to ignore someone doing it on a public platform and making a stink.

Or hey, maybe we could bring up the time Hardwick was fined for.....

Abusing an umpire during a game.

Now unless that third quarter confrontation was actually held during a meeting with Gil, it seems like you’ve kind of forgotten to use lube on your own argument.

F***ing self righteous Richmond fans 😂😂😂😂
So we agree that Scott should be fined and as it is a second offence he should be suspended from games.

Good work finding the precedent.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
So we agree that Scott should be fined and as it is a second offence he should be suspended from games.

Good work finding the precedent.

Translation:

‘I had completely forgotten about this incident as well as the public whinges my coach had and am trying as hard as I can to find a comeback but I can’t.’

I don’t think either coach should be fined if it’s an enquiry or a fairly level headed approach to an umpire, for what it’s worth. Hardwick would have been fine if he didn’t actually abuse one of them.

Back