AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer - Dead-eye

Remove this Banner Ad

According to the AFL Player Ratings (yes I know) Jake has played his best two games for us the last two weeks. He's running out games better and really clicking with the team. It's still ridiculous that he plays for us and came so cheap. Love it!

Also, 508 metres gained from 13 kicks and 2 handballs, along with 8 score involvements. His possession map is ridiculous.

EAjZEpTUcAE5yLG

Last edited:
And people were like "fck him lets just Smith and our picks to draft" during trade week lols
I don’t recall that being the general sentiment, but I know I was bloody keen to get him. Especially knowing he would be cheap as chips because the dogs basically kicked him out of the club.

I don’t recall that being the general sentiment, but I know I was bloody keen to get him. Especially knowing he would be cheap as chips because the dogs basically kicked him out of the club.

Let’s face it, they kicked him out because he was up to no good and had a unprofessional attitude.

Change of environment at EFC has done him the world of good and he’s matured as a person.

That sheer natural football talent he possesses doesn’t have to be coached.

All he needed was a wake up call to realise how lucky he is to be a pro footy player and to prepare accordingly...mentally and physically.

EFC has done that for him and we’re seeing the benefits of it all.

Happy days 👌

love that thread on the main board.

I like bumping it whenever he plays well (which is pretty bloody often at the moment)

Love you Jakey, just a powerful beast, pushes off players with ease, great footy smarts and skill to back it up, does some freaky s***, thanks Dogs.

Strength, skills & smarts - has all three in spades & always has. The tank is a new addition that has moved him into elite territory as a footballer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strength, skills & smarts - has all three in spades & always has. The tank is a new addition that has moved him into elite territory as a footballer.

His physique reminds me of Gary Ablett Snr, low center of gravity. As others have said, if he can take his fitness to the next level he'd be just about unstoppable.

His physique reminds me of Gary Ablett Snr, low center of gravity. As others have said, if he can take his fitness to the next level he'd be just about unstoppable.

If you want to kill 10 minutes, have a look at Ablett Snr highlights on YouTube. Insane.

If you want to kill 10 minutes, have a look at Ablett Snr highlights on YouTube. Insane.

I was at the game where he and Salmon kicked all those goals, was an amazing game. I loved watching him play he was an absolute freak.

I was at the game where he and Salmon kicked all those goals, was an amazing game. I loved watching him play he was an absolute freak.

I was playing club footy that day and remember coming into the rooms after the game, and it was all anyone could talk about...

I was playing club footy that day and remember coming into the rooms after the game, and it was all anyone could talk about...

It's a weird feeling when you're cheering on your team, but you're also cheering a player from the opposition because they're just so good to watch. I was there with a couple of mates who were Geelong supporters, and while they were disappointed with the loss they were overcome with the shootout and just how good Ablett was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back