Preview Round 20, 2019: North Melbourne v Hawthorn, 2 August 2019, 7.50pm @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT: Ceglar, Puopolo
IN: O'Brien, Walker

I can't argue with this at the moment. I'm a great poppy defender but it's getting to the point where man can't survive off defensive acts alone.

Just the one change for me; Timmy O coming back in for Ceglar. For the most part, we actually had complete control over the game against the Lions, we kick a bit straighter and maybe it's a different story
I'm in agreeance with most here that Poppy is close to being done, just doesn't hit the scoreboard with any regularity anymore. His pressure is still okay, but you can tell that he is just that little bit too far off the pace now. Fortunately for him, we are a bit thin in those areas so he probably keeps his spot for now

The last month or so, we have shown we can play some really good footy; just hope they spend enough time in front of the sticks at training this week

Surprised at the lack of people calling for Nash to be dropped this week. Good signs from him. Think after the lions performance he is a lock for the rest of the year.

I reckon Clarko will still be picking the team he sees as having the best chance to win as we're still a possibility to make finals Once that's done, we may see a few more debuts.

Cegs out for ToB is the obvious one.

Outside of that, I think Poppy is done. Just sad to see him out there now Doesn't really offer much anymore, but not sure who comes in for him.
I'm calling a selection surprise here:
Ins – O'Brien, Walker (debut)
Outs – Ceglar, Puopolo (managed)

Puopolo tries his guts out week in week out and his pressure either though not elite anymore cannot get by just solely on pressure acts alone. He has to chip in on the scoreboard at least 1 goal a week. I think its time Clarko inserts another attacking option down there that can also take a grab. Enter Mathew Walker.

Not sure who will win. Can guarantee that Kangaroos will smash in hard. Will be a bruising game from them.

IN: TOB ... and... um... not sure, but changes need to happen.
OUT: Ceglar ... and blood someone new, maybe?

* Actually, probably the wrong game for a debut. Kangas are crunching sides at the moment.

This to me is even more reason to blood a debutant. See what they are made of IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly, based on his VFL performances people can't seriously be looking to fit Roughy into the team can they? I love the big guy, but he should only come in for the Gold Coast game as a farewell to him. That's it.

The rest of the seasons selections should be with an eye to the future.

OUT: Ceglar, Poppy
IN: O'Brien, Walker/Ross

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back