jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Dybala would is more a CF than AM.

Sure he can partner a ST like Kane but he would also be getting most his games starting with Son supporting him with Kane given a rest or when injured.

That is imo a title challenging squad.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
It could be. But it could also be that we see an already proven option for only 10-20m more being actually gettable and are moving on from Lo Celso.

With Eriksen likely to say could we be perhaps thinking 80m on Dybala is more needed than 60m on Lo Celso? If Eriksen does stay the need for Lo Celso does drop significantly as a playmaker, he'd still be useful with his goals but he offers far less of a goal threat than Dybala does.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
I think with either Eriksen-Dybala or Lo Celso-Dybala we are definitely worthy of that sort of expectation from the group. With Eriksen-Lo Celso I still think we need a backup ST (even if it's Llorente) to be at that sort of level. As good as Son/Lucas are we still another option in for them to play off if/when Kane is out.

1. Dybala
2. A targetman for less than 10m happy enough to have limited opportunites.

Good position to be in having 2 options there. Obviously adding in someone so very close to WC levels in Dybala does change up our depth and tactical lineups a bit but having that extra quality is enormous. Look at City and Liverpool and the number of game changing WC attackers and we are just that little bit off them. No disrespect to Llorente/Janssen but they aren't in the same league as even Origi let alone a Dybala/Son/Jesus/Mahrez

I think with either Eriksen-Dybala or Lo Celso-Dybala we are definitely worthy of that sort of expectation from the group. With Eriksen-Lo Celso I still think we need a backup ST (even if it's Llorente) to be at that sort of level. As good as Son/Lucas are we still another option in for them to play off if/when Kane is out.

1. Dybala
2. A targetman for less than 10m happy enough to have limited opportunites.

Good position to be in having 2 options there. Obviously adding in someone so very close to WC levels in Dybala does change up our depth and tactical lineups a bit but having that extra quality is enormous. Look at City and Liverpool and the number of game changing WC attackers and we are just that little bit off them. No disrespect to Llorente/Janssen but they aren't in the same league as even Origi let alone a Dybala/Son/Jesus/Mahrez
Links suggesting we’re targeting a back up CF from Barca or Juve. Could be Mandzukic you’d think

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Doesn't bode well for KWP if they're going to go down that experiment path. You'd think Foyth experiment would be with a senior first choice in Aurier. If we aren't using KWP again we may as well loan him out

Doesn't bode well for KWP if they're going to go down that experiment path. You'd think Foyth experiment would be with a senior first choice in Aurier. If we aren't using KWP again we may as well loan him out

Happy with this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not signing full backs is a gamble that could backfire. Simple as that. Hopefully I’m wrong
I’m fine with trusting Aurier, KWP and Foyth. We also have Dier and Alderweireld as support options.

Weakening left back and replacing with Sessegnon is the no no.

I’m glad they’re backing KWP.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Yeah Bale & Dybala just take this potentially good window into a great one. Both very unlikely but it would be a huge shot in the arm for a potential closing of the gap to the top 2

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah Bale & Dybala just take this potentially good window into a great one. Both very unlikely but it would be a huge shot in the arm for a potential closing of the gap to the top 2
Yes that’s how I would have seen it.

Still think our players that were here last year are better players than what they showed for the most part fir reasons already covered - so add N’Dombele and hopefully Lo Celso to the mix and we should be a fair bit stronger. Unlikely enough to get us up with the top two but at least we have given it something of a push.

Now watch us not sign Lo Celso and lose Eriksen and Toby...

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Doubts beginning to creep in regarding further signings. All gone a bit quiet. Do expect the Sessegnon deal to get done but will probably mean Rose goes, so doesn’t represent an upgrade for me.

If that’s the case then all we’ve done is replace Dembele and Rose with N’Dombele and Sessegnon over the last four windows and bought a kid speculatively for the future. Just not good enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back