Preview Changes: Round 20 Vs Geelong Cats + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Harsh on tucker mate.....

Still from here on in, with 4 games to go. I want at least Carter, Valente, North and Sturt to have a debut game for the dockers. give one young guy a debut game each week. make it exciting.

Give Carter or Watson a debut game this week infront of the home crowd.

Next week vs the saints in marvel, give Tom North or Sam sturt debut games in their home state infront of their families.

Then vs Port, give Luke Valente, a former Norwood teenager in the SANFL a debut game at Adelaide oval vs Port and Yes i will be there!
No point wasting time playing North, he is getting delisted. The rest, sure.

Would love to see us do what Adelaide are doing and putting everyone on notice by dropping players based on form rather than their name. Dropping players like Tucker, Langdon and Wilson and rewarding players who perform at WAFL level like Banfield, Crowden and Carter would send a good message to the players to perform.

Would love to see us do what Adelaide are doing and putting everyone on notice by dropping players based on form rather than their name. Dropping players like Tucker, Langdon and Wilson and rewarding players who perform at WAFL level like Banfield, Crowden and Carter would send a good message to the players to perform.
Don Pyke is a very different animal. Guy has ice in his veins.

We have Sandi, Ballantyne, Bennell, Kersten possibly Mundy already out the door. Can’t find a spot for a young midfielder under a new coach?
Leaving aside that I don't think Ross is leaving, no I don't think so. There is obviously a major knock on him and I'd be surprised if fresh eyes changed that. If it is defensive accountability, we definitely can't afford more of those unless they are unreal on offense (Fyfe, Sonny).

I think he is probably cooked and it will show next year (as sad as it is) but Mundy is probably going on. We'll have 6-8 list changes I suspect. Maybe more.

Leaving aside that I don't think Ross is leaving, no I don't think so. There is obviously a major knock on him and I'd be surprised if fresh eyes changed that. If it is defensive accountability, we definitely can't afford more of those unless they are unreal on offense (Fyfe, Sonny).

I think he is probably cooked and it will show next year (as sad as it is) but Mundy is probably going on. We'll have 6-8 list changes I suspect. Maybe more.

I dunno. I’ve watched Peel start him in the bench then put the guy on a half back flank. He’s a damn midfielder.

When Lyon is sacked they can suck Shepherd too and get a real coach in

I dunno. I’ve watched Peel start him in the bench then put the guy on a half back flank. He’s a damn midfielder.

When Lyon is sacked they can suck Shepherd too and get a real coach in
He must have played mid last year as he got plenty of ball I recall.

You have to be a pretty damn good midfielder in the AFL these days, to only be able to play midfield. I think you'll struggle to name a quality mid that can't play forward, back or both (Cunnington the only one I can think of). This is not some Ross thing either, Clarko is as big on it as any coach, except maybe Bevo who overdoes it.

I'm calling it now and you can rub my face in it if I am wrong. He'll get delisted and go back to the VFL/WAFL - he may earn another chance later as I think he has some things going for him, but blokes seemingly this far from a rebuild team when fit typically don't last long.

If there isnt some youth coming in I am gonna struggle to switch the tv on tbh, does that make me a bad supporter ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have to be a pretty damn good midfielder in the AFL these days, to only be able to play midfield. I think you'll struggle to name a quality mid that can't play forward, back or both (Cunnington the only one I can think of). This is not some Ross thing either, Clarko is as big on it as any coach, except maybe Bevo who overdoes it.

Cotchin, Shuey, Neale, Mitchell, Treloar, Gaff, O'Meara. The list really could go on. Sure some might be able to rest forward, but they aren't any good up there.

Out: Ryan, Wilson, Balla, Darcy, Bewley

In: Nyhous, Hughes, McCarthy, Crowden, Banifeld

need a better structure - can't go with 3 ruckman in the one side. Sandi or Darcy and Lobb

Out: Ballantyne forever. Never want to see him again which i guess is the same to playing him. Harsh but fair on fans and him.

Same with Sandi. Two slow ruck combo was never going to work.

In: Carter, going to be the obvious Langdon replacement so why not pump games into him.

No one else left really, maybe Sturt?

Rest of available AFL Peel players are either underdone (Valente), not up to AFL standard (Banfield, Crowden) or delist material (North, Dixon).

Suppose persist with Shulz and/or Switta.

Nyhuis might be an option given Ball will probably spend 90% of the game in Geelongs forward half.

Essentially 11 players from WAFL. We can’t carry that much. Just play youth, rather then the same old shuffling deck chairs. At least we bring in Carter, Sturt it’s something new.
Bringing in Banfield, McCarthy etc at the expense of Bewley and Ballas won’t show us much. Meh for meh. Over it

I understand the sentiment to play youth but when Valente and Sturt have been injured for most of the year and clearly lack AFL level fitness to run out games and I daresay Carter would be in a similar boat and you add to that we were still winning games earlier on there comes a point where there really isn't much youth to play.

I feel like this year was kind damned if you do damned if you don't cause we had such a hot start to the year (at least compared to where most of us thought we'd be). We had a chance to play finals and that is such a valuable experience for the young guys already in the team it's hard not to want to win so you push the team/list to the limit but in doing so we've been ravaged by injury and it shows up our complete lack of depth.

I really want to see Carter, Valente and Sturt get a shot this year but I'm not sure they are ready.

I want the ins to be Jones & Meek, with no current rucks dropped.
Let's play land of the Giants with each ruck responsible for 1/5 of the field (no subs)
:p

joking :cool:

Can't see why we wouldn't give Dixon a chance in the forwards. If he shows nothing so be it, but at least we would have a better structure with Lobb, McCarthy and Dixon. As everyone else we really should be seeing at least a few more debuts carter, valente etc I'm not sure any other carter have done enough to warrant it though. Would probably rest wilson just to give him a break as I feel he needs it.

I want the ins to be Jones & Meek, with no current rucks dropped.
Let's play land of the Giants with each ruck responsible for 1/5 of the field (no subs)
:p

joking :cool:
I like the idea. One ruck forward 50, 1 left wing, 1 middle, 1 right wing and 1 defensive 50. I'm not sure what happens on the boundaries of the regions, I guess we go ruckless and wait for it to be in one of the zones.

No point wasting time playing North, he is getting delisted. The rest, sure.
Really? Is Tom North that bad? I have looked at his stats in his last 4-7 games. He isnt too bad. Saying that, you probably know more than me since you go to Peel games

Everyone on here is talking about Carter. I have heard he is a talented bloke on the rookie list. Again, I don't or can't go to Peel games with me living in South Australia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back