What shits ya!

Apr 1, 2008
NASA
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Coburg
The public demanding to know details of doping investigations and provisional suspensions and then hanging Swimming Aus for abiding by privacy provisions.

Wouldn't be so quick to dissolve individual protections in our systems if they related to them as individuals but give them a social media platform or a radio/tv gig and they love to whinge.
But sure demand to know results and details before the case is examined properly so you can sharpen your pitchforks and get your torches.
Mamadou Sakho suing WADA for ******* up his test/suspension is an interesting development too. A little accountability at that end wouldn't go astray.

Mamadou Sakho suing WADA for ******* up his test/suspension is an interesting development too. A little accountability at that end wouldn't go astray.

I think expectation and spotlight has shown that what people expect and what actually occurs when it comes to doping control is not in sync.

I'm very hesitant to allow the public too much access to information due to people's inability to hold off judgement and think and act clearly.

Olympic community is always very quick to have a whinge on this topic though, I think it's handled better by other sporting communities.

Probably. Her being out for 4 years is bulls**t though
Not sure we can say that with complete confidence one way or the other.

I mean she says it's an accident but if she would cheat then lying isn't a massive stretch.

chinese cheat, australians have no idea how substances got in their system.

Everyone cheats but Aussies.

We conveniently forget all the positive tests over the years.

I think there is a difference between deliberate, systematic and reportedly state sanctioned doping, smashing the evidence, and someone accidentally ingesting something once despite taking all the precautions.

Having said that, they won’t know for sure what has happened at least until it’s gone through all of the processes. She’ll be liable regardless, the rules aren’t written with any assumption of innocence on the part of the athlete.

I wouldn’t wish what she has to go through now on anybody, let alone right after the podium thing has been making headlines. People, particularly journos, don’t have an interest in grey areas, it has to be black and white like a cartoon hero or villain. The money is in drama, no one ever got drama out of a rational discussion of grey areas.

At least in her case the system she’s dealing with was designed for athletes in her sport though.

I think there is a difference between deliberate, systematic and reportedly state sanctioned doping, smashing the evidence, and someone accidentally ingesting something once despite taking all the precautions.

Having said that, they won’t know for sure what has happened at least until it’s gone through all of the processes. She’ll be liable regardless, the rules aren’t written with any assumption of innocence on the part of the athlete.

I wouldn’t wish what she has to go through now on anybody, let alone right after the podium thing has been making headlines. People, particularly journos, don’t have an interest in grey areas, it has to be black and white like a cartoon hero or villain. The money is in drama, no one ever got drama out of a rational discussion of grey areas.

At least in her case the system she’s dealing with was designed for athletes in her sport though.

Of course there is a difference, but that isn't brought up by us when we lecture everyone else on it.
The ironic thing is when Aussies speak about drugs in sport especially our Olympic athletes it's never about excuses or anything else or individual cases when it comes to other nations. It's oh drug cheat drug cheat bla bla.
The beauty of this is it's caught the country with its pants down. Same bloody thing happened with our cricketers and poor little Australia had to stop with the holier than though BS that it constantly dribbles.

Athletes cheat. Teams cheat. Countries cheat. Some cheat deliberately. Some inadvertently cheat.
Australia for so long and many Olympians have stuck to the draconian stance of positive test ok blacklist ban did it deliberately maximum penalty should be applied. Let's not stand with suspected drug cheats. No waiting for actual findings, there is a suspicion we say you are guilty let's act like petulant children.

When half the suspected substances involved can't even be proved that they have a performance enhancing effect.
An arbitrary list has been created and its bloody hilarious watching people scramble to ensure everything in this space is black and white.

The timing of this coming out should hopefully put some of our loud mouth people back in their box.

If you are after an example of the attitudes that I'm talking about. Shane Gould on SEN breakfast. Train wreck of an interview.

Well said.

LGD is actually bloody good if you can get it. Just make sure you have a good testosterone booster for after your cycle as it will suppress your testosterone.

Really I'd read you didn't need to worry too much as it's suppression wasn't as bad as others?

Really I'd read you didn't need to worry too much as it's suppression wasn't as bad as others?
No, it is one of the most suppressive. Ostarine and Andarine are less suppressive.

Back