FTA-TV Wentworth

Remove this Banner Ad

Hands down the best episode of the entire series, for mine
Clearly written originally as the finale for the series and it delivered everything

I was wondering last week why they had focused so much on Rita being in the holding cells, and then she turns out to be a major player in the events that unfolded.

Boomer and Liz was beautiful, the context that Boomer lost RCD, but Boomer's reaction to each, it was shock but more relief about her own mum, whereas Liz was genuine affection and grief. The scene earlier in the episode where Liz is mothering Boomer whilst her own mother was giving her s**t was quite poignant.

Brilliant episode.

Marie and the helicopter

Was a little more sophisticated than the original :think:

View attachment 718237

The word going around is that the original ending to last night's episode (what was to be the series final) had a scene with Val Lehman, Fiona Spence and Collette Mann, but was cut on the retake.

That was brilliant from the original - and one of the great mysteries, was it Maggie Millar (who played Marie in the original), was it a dummy, was it a blow up doll :D

Coincidentally I'm watching the original at the moment (aiming to watch the entire series within a year), and I'm pretty much up to the infamous helicopter episode.

Last edited:
It’s full jump the shark material for me
Agree. When they were hinting at the possibility of the Freak still being alive last season, I said to my wife if she comes back then this show ends up turning into a Games of Thrones style fantasy series instead and I would not watch it anymore. Thought there was closure when they dug up the box and found "her" body.

Now that they have seemingly decided to go down this path, I'm done and checking out altogether.

That was brilliant from the original - and one of the great mysteries, was it Maggie Millar (who played Marie in the original), was it a dummy, was it a blow up doll :D

Coincidentally I'm watching the original at the moment (aiming to watch the entire series within a year), and I'm pretty much up to the infamous helicopter episode.
Same! Up to episode 478...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hands down the best episode of the entire series, for mine
Clearly written originally as the finale for the series and it delivered everything

I was wondering last week why they had focused so much on Rita being in the holding cells, and then she turns out to be a major player in the events that unfolded.

Boomer and Liz was beautiful, the context that Boomer lost RCD, but Boomer's reaction to each, it was shock but more relief about her own mum, whereas Liz was genuine affection and grief. The scene earlier in the episode where Liz is mothering Boomer whilst her own mother was giving her s**t was quite poignant.

Brilliant episode.
Yep 1 of the best episodes ever, loved it. shows why this is the best Aussie drama I have seen.

Brilliant... BUT

The Ferguson story was done for me, this great episode, could finish with me losing the show. Would have preferred the show to end.

Cameos Confirmed

Wentworth producers have confirmed that Fiona Spence, Collette Mann and Val Lehman did film a cameo appearance in the season 7 finale which was re-written when the series was renewed.

I was expecting the baby to be named Elizabeth and for the car scene with Rita to end with some associates of Marie/the pedo guy/the bikies gunning her down. Pretty sad about Boomer smothering Liz. I understand the story arc but it's a shame it had to be in a medical room with a camera. Should've been a "natural causes" death in a cell so Boomer can get parole and eat Monte Carlos.

Def 20 episodes coming, all filmed in one hit starting October. Gonna be a lot of spoilers flying about given people will know the ending of season 9 before season 8 hits the screens.

Skipped through to avoid spoilers, very late to the party as never really gave it a go.
Just finished season 1, really, really enjoyed it. Unlike a lot of prison shows it felt quite real and raw, it didn't seem too fake Hollywood.

Lot's of shows I have watched have strong 1st seasons and then it slowly goes downhill (see Game of Thrones as the marquee example). Am hoping this show stays just as good because I have a lot of seasons left.

Skipped through to avoid spoilers, very late to the party as never really gave it a go.
Just finished season 1, really, really enjoyed it. Unlike a lot of prison shows it felt quite real and raw, it didn't seem too fake Hollywood.

Lot's of shows I have watched have strong 1st seasons and then it slowly goes downhill (see Game of Thrones as the marquee example). Am hoping this show stays just as good because I have a lot of seasons left.
I reckon it gets better over the next couple of seasons then takes a dip...but hang in there because the season just gone is tip top.

I was disappointed that the baby was called Grace and not Joan

After their time in the Hospital to visit Ruby I was certain she would name her after Rita.

How long until Rita dons the teal hoodie and goes full prisoner for life?

Also can we highlight that these last 2 seasons have centered on 2 strong, relatable, indigenous women without ever going OTT with "Im black and proud" or blatant racism from other prisoners/guards?

Rita is my vote for the best character the show has had.

Would have been a very easy path to go down but full credit to the team for touching on the culture without making it their characters.

Three original characters appearing in Season 8

Lou Kelly
Reb Kean
Ann Reynolds

Sounds like Lou is a direct copy of the original, while Reyno is the complete opposite of the original.

Reb's story sounds quite fascinating, and Wentworth is one of the few shows that could have a character like Reb without turning it into a sideshow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back