Prediction Who is Leading the Race for the 2019 Brownlow Medal?

Who is Leading the Race for the 2019 Brownlow Medal

• Patrick Cripps

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • Tim kelly

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Lachie Neale

Votes: 34 34.0%
  • Patrick Dangerfield

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Nat Fyfe

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Max Gawn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brodie Grundy

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Travis Boak

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Marcus Bontempelli

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • Dayne Zorko

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Hope Neale wins it. Will make up for him being shafted when breaking the AFL disposal record wasn't considered enough of an achievement to make the AA team.

...until the very next year when Mitchell breaking the AFL disposal record was considered an achievement that made you a lock for AA.

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I agree it is very open; a number of players could win it which is great.

However, I disagree a little about vote stealing. I think it’s a little overrated how much that matters. A lot of players have won Brownlows in very strong teams where others players polled well. As long as a player is the dominant one then it’s fine, and there is no doubt really that Kelly has been Geelongs best midfielder. It’s not a coincidence that most of the games the Cats have lost are ones where he has been quiet.

You are completely right about it being anyone’s game though.

See Black and Akermanis - can't find a stronger mid field than Lions circa early 2000's.

Mr Football 2019:

Disposals: Adam Treloar (611)
Marks: Brad Sheppard (145)
Kicks: Jake Lloyd (361)
Handballs: Adam Treloar (354)
Goals: Jeremy Cameron (57)
Behinds: Jeremy Cameron (40)
Tackles: Elliot Yeo (132)
Frees For: Michael Walters (44)
Frees Against: Shane Mumford (51)
Hit Outs: Jarrod Witts (815)
Inside 50's: Dayne Zorko (111)
Goal Assists: Harrison Himmelberg (24)

Contested Possessions: Clayton Oliver (294)
Uncontested Possessions: Jake Lloyd (372)
Effective Disposals: Jake Lloyd (460)
Disposal Efficiency: Nathan Brown (91%)
Clangers: Jaeger O'Meara (90)
Contested Marks: Tom Lynch (41)
Marks Inside 50: Jeremy Cameron (57)
Clearances: Lachie Neale (145)
Centre Clearances: Lachie Neale (59)
Stoppage Clearances: Lachie Neale (86)
Rebound 50's: Tom Stewart (146)
One Percenters: Harris Andrews (167)
Bounces: Conor McKenna (67)
Metres Gained: Jake Lloyd (9,699)
Score Involvements: Jeremy Cameron (140)
Turnovers: Travis Boak (110)
Intercepts: Luke Ryan (154)
Tackles Inside 50: Dayne Zorko (42)

Before the mandatory laughter let me say Tom Mitchell won five of these categories when he won his
Brownlow Medal, now to keep it real i am not going to tell you which five categories they were. No
clues given, but one man is top five or number one in ALL of those categories and he plays for a team
very high up on the ladder and headed for finals.
I agree.

The Brownlow is clearly Nathan Brown’s to lose.

Cadillac

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yep I'd say the top 5 will be: Danger, Kelly, Neale, Cripps, Bont (no particular order)

Neale has to win it you would think.

Wins make a huge difference to the vote so I'd say Cripps will have left his Teague run too late.

Danger is the smokie for mine, I think he'll poll in only 9 games, but could have 8 BOGs by my estimates

Could be a year where 25 votes wins it by a bee's dick
I’ve still got Cripps as my favourite right now.

Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I’ve still got Cripps as my favourite right now.
It's hard with Cripps

The Brownlow Predictor has him equal first ATM, but they have him getting 3 votes in a number of our losses. He's probably been BOG in those losses, but last year he got 2s in those games (and sometimes, the 1).

Just think the lack of wins will hurt him. I don't really gamble (other than footy tipping) but if I did I think Danger is best value atm.

It's hard with Cripps

The Brownlow Predictor has him equal first ATM, but they have him getting 3 votes in a number of our losses. He's probably been BOG in those losses, but last year he got 2s in those games (and sometimes, the 1).

Just think the lack of wins will hurt him. I don't really gamble (other than footy tipping) but if I did I think Danger is best value atm.
Surely someone has to cash in for the Lions.

Cadillac

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It's hard with Cripps

The Brownlow predictor is weird. It has Bont on 16 votes behind quite a few players I thought he would have been ahead in. And missing votes in games where the coaches gave him 10’s and 9’s.

Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Carlton 2004
You laugh, but on paper it was actually a pretty strong team.

Centre Line: Nick Stevens, Scott Camporeale, Ryan Houlihan
Ruck Line: Barnaby French, Anthony Koutifides, Andrew Carrazzo (tag)

Superstar power in Kouta and Campo
Elite usage in Stevens and Houlihan
Future BnF and elite tagger in Carrazzo

The weakness was our ruckman

;)

The Brownlow predictor is weird. It has Bont on 16 votes behind quite a few players I thought he would have been ahead in. And missing votes in games where the coaches gave him 10’s and 9’s.
Well according to The Brownlow Predictor Dustin Martin won the 2018 Brownlow its umpire opinion. Why do you think Ron Barrassi Never won?
Because he always talked back to umpires. Its not always who got 7 goals or 40 touches. If they do something to the umpire it might not work like that.

Last edited:

Cadillac

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Well according to The AFL.com.au Brownlow Predictor Dustin Martin won the 2018 Brownlow its umpire opinion. Why do you think Ron Barrassi Never won?
Because he always talked back to umpires. Its not always who got 7 goals or 40 touches. If they do something to the umpire it might not work like that.
That makes no sense though. Bont has never been reported and usually over achieves in the Brownlow. Hence why I feel he’s ranked too low

Back