News Coaching Thread: The Hardwick Era

Remove this Banner Ad

When will the penny drop that we have never had a proper functioning forward line that clears out, leads to patterns, crumbs well and has a system and purpose. Surely we can point the bone squarely at Ash Prescott and make a step change and get a forward line coach that makes our crumbers get front and centre and our talls lead AWAY from their directs. I have watched our forwards push back INTO their opponents since day one and we continue to do it. We get a hard leading forward like Corbett and we coach his instincts out of him in the 1's
New forward line coach ...............…. no more Prescott

Where’s Brendon Bolton sitting in the AFL landscape now.
Maybe he wants to leave the AFL bubble of Melbourne and come and get some Sun.

He was Supposably one of if not THE best teacher to the younger kids in the league while at Hawthorn.

Somewhere along the lines things got a little muddied at Carlton.

But as an assistant coach could be a good get for our young team

Where’s Brendon Bolton sitting in the AFL landscape now.
Maybe he wants to leave the AFL bubble of Melbourne and come and get some Sun.

He was Supposably one of if not THE best teacher to the younger kids in the league while at Hawthorn.

Somewhere along the lines things got a little muddied at Carlton.

But as an assistant coach could be a good get for our young team
I think that’s a good idea but the AFL being the media driven animal it is they will not allow it due to the potential bad press of a failed club hiring a failed coach

I don’t know much about Richardson except he failed at St. Kilda. What are his strengths that will be of assistance to us?
Was the director of coaching at Port Adelaide in 2013. Has been an assistant at Collingwood and Carlton as well. Have no idea if he will be any good.

I don’t know much about Richardson except he failed at St. Kilda. What are his strengths that will be of assistance to us?
Development and communication seems to be his strengths. Not an overly strong strategic coach but he could definitely help dewy out with player communication and development

So I can see it now

Richardson “ Stewy you need to listen more and be more engaging with the players and staff, you can’t cut people out and expect success”

Dewy in reply “ and what success have you had campaigner? * off you’re on the outer now you campaigner”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has a reputation as a strong development coach. This was talked about on the Age footy podcast after he got sacked from St Kilda. They were saying he’ll have no problem finding a job in Melbourne in a development role.

Dew’s initial deal still has a year to run but the board has instructed chief executive Mark Evans to begin negotiations on a new contract.
“We think he has all the attributes to be a long-term successful coach and have already commenced a development plan to help him become the best coach he can be which he has wholeheartedly embraced,’’ Evans said.
The board did not want Dew to enter what is expected to be another tough season in 2020 with his future uncertain.
However, they will hunt for a coaching mentor or director of coaching to bolster his development.
He will also be sent to Harvard University in the off-season to attend a leadership program similar to the ones undertaken by Nathan Buckley and Damien Hardwick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back