Rumour Grundy -> Crows, Jacobs -> Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

TheKITC

Cancelled
Mar 7, 2009
The Cupboard
AFL Club
Carlton
One that keeps coming across my desk so have decided to post it, is that Brodie Grundy has decided that his future lies in Adelaide. Collingwood have essentially accepted it and will look to cash in on him prior to his free agency next year, given he maintains this stance and doesn't back-flip before the trade period comes around. If he refuses to accept an extension before the 2020 season, the Pies will trade him.

The other part of this is Sam Jacobs will be included as steak knives in the deal as his papers are already stamped at the Crows let alone if Grundy arrives, and is willing to finish his career a Pie. Ties in with being one of the many Crows looking to jump from the sinking ship, as reported on 5aa recently as well.

Discuss/s**t all over my credibility.

If you're going to comment on these clearly bull s**t rumours, you should probably read the whole thing haha

"The other part of this is Sam Jacobs will be included as steak knives in the deal"

Oh poor Jacob, 2 years ago he was "the best Ruckman in the league" - Every Adelaide fan ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keith and Fogarty would be worth some conversation if it came to it. Cox is a better no 1 ruck than forward I'd move him there and use Fogarty as forward. There is no universe in which Jacobs constitutes value. I'd want a second rounder as well for the waste of a list spot having him there. In any case it's all bullshit.

It's a fairly interesting idea, I'll give OP that. Is Sauce actually going on next year though?

Tbh Adelaide would be mad to trade our their miracle Carlton pick; even for someone of Grundy's calibre. Their list is top heavy enough as it is, they should be looking to trade into the next couple of drafts with some senior player currency.

Would only work with O'Brien I'd say unless the Pies wanted to make a Ben Hudson type deal where Jacobs becomes steak knives and has a ruck coach role also.

Can't see O'Brien and Grundy being able to work together.

Oh poor Jacob, 2 years ago he was "the best Ruckman in the league" - Every Adelaide fan ever.
2 years ago his primary tactic was to do a little jump at every centre square bounce to "put off the opposition ruckman" before and completely out of time with the ball up. It soon became apparent that the "little" jumps he was doing were in fact his best effort to get his body off of the ground. Though the early timing was his genuine tactic.

He now just competes standing under the bounce up because he cannot jump at all

Last edited:
2 years ago his primary tactic was to do a little jump at every centre square bounce to "put off the opposition ruckman" before and completely out of time with the ball up. It soon became apparent that the "little" jumps he was doing were in fact his best effort to get his body off of the ground. Thought he early timing was his genuine tactic.

He now just competes standing under the bounce up because he cannot jump at all

I can see Collingwood keen on him then...

Adelaide would be stupid not to throw their hat into the ring, but they won't be Robinson Crusoe. I'd say a low finish this year gives them some bickies doesnt it?

The price for Beams and Gibbs was 2 first rounders: age, exposed form, fitness and rarity suggest Grundy is worth as much as the two of them, ie 4 first rounders. dunno how any club goes about getting that lot together and surely Gibbs would mean the Crows would be shy of stacking so many eggs in one basket.

A lot depends on Grundy's personal view, his time at uni seems to have agreed with him (not sure when he finishes there but I suspect it's soon) and the Pies have shall we say a greater than usual capacity for sub rosa sweeteners. Maybe Adelaide had home town advantage?

It will take a complicated deal to extract Grundy from the Pies in November. If we haven't completely self destructed by September we' be in year two of a premiership window, and unlikely to trade Grundy while that's on.

Adelaide would be stupid not to throw their hat into the ring, but they won't be Robinson Crusoe. I'd say a low finish this year gives them some bickies doesnt it?

The price for Beams and Gibbs was 2 first rounders: age, exposed form, fitness and rarity suggest Grundy is worth as much as the two of them, ie 4 first rounders. dunno how any club goes about getting that lot together and surely Gibbs would mean the Crows would be shy of stacking so many eggs in one basket.

A lot depends on Grundy's personal view, his time at uni seems to have agreed with him (not sure when he finishes there but I suspect it's soon) and the Pies have shall we say a greater than usual capacity for sub rosa sweeteners. Maybe Adelaide had home town advantage?

It will take a complicated deal to extract Grundy from the Pies in November. If we haven't completely self destructed by September we' be in year two of a premiership window, and unlikely to trade Grundy while that's on.

While i do not beleive we will get him.... 4 first rounders is laughable when hes a free agent next year and if he leaves you get a pick behind your pick.. prob pick 14-18.

So if you know he is going to leave cashing in on him now is the no brainer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back