List Mgmt. Player List Management 2019-20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycett wouldn't be 2 happy with his little M8 being turfed out but fantasia would be a big upgrade on Sammy.

Good thing we didn’t put Watts on the long term injury list and take a young player at the mid season draft to get an extra 6 month look at them.

'Young player' lol. We would've just picked another Sutcliffe. I wish we'd had less MSD picks, not more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'Young player' lol. We would've just picked another Sutcliffe. I wish we'd had less MSD picks, not more.

Don’t get me wrong, I think that whole thing was ridiculous.

For a team with no huge holes, we could have added two young players and see how they went with AFL standard training. Instead we know that Sutcliffe shouldn’t be on an AFL list, which we already knew.

We really do need to move a couple of older players on this season but the ones that we could move on are contracted for another season.

I'd move on Ryder and Dixon one season sooner and pump games into Frampton and Marshall. Get a full season into the two.
My biggest concerns right now are Ebert, and Gray. They could drop off fast. Westhoff could play on for years if they manage him well.

Bonner annoys me alot. We need to keep bonner. We just need a little patience. He could become a very good player in the right environment and fills a need on our list.
We need to get Aiden Johnson into our game for transition speed.

What do you guys think about these unconctracted players

Shai Bolton
Jack Billings
Sam Frost
Adam Tomlinson (For Westhoff)
Coniglio
Jack Martin
Callum Ahchee
Broomhead (SA)
Hugh Greenwood

Last edited:
Port rated as having the 3rds best under 23 list:

Under-23 players: 23 players in total
Ryan Burton (61 games), Dan Houston (56 games), Sam Powell-Pepper (54 games), Riley Bonner (38 games), Connor Rozee (18 games), Zak Butters (17 games), Xavier Duursma (17 games), Todd Marshall (16 games), Kane Farrell (12 games), Aidyn Johnson (11 games), Willem Drew (nine games), Joe Atley (four games), Joel Garner (four games), Billy Frampton (three games), Peter Ladhams (two games), Tobin Cox, Martin Frederick, Riley Grundy, Sam Hayes, Cameron Hewett, Jake Patmore, Kai Pudney, Boyd Woodcock

Rising Star nominees: Six players
Ryan Burton (when playing for Hawthorn, 2017), Dan Houston (2017), Sam Powell-Pepper (2017), Riley Bonner (2018), Xavier Duursma (2019), Connor Rozee (2019)

No.1 star: Dan Houston's improvement – from a rookie-listed forward to reliable defender and now a developing midfielder – has been astounding. Getting better with every game.

Biggest upside: It takes a special player to kick five goals in just his third senior game. Connor Rozee – last year's No.5 overall pick - will only get better when he builds his tank and eventually pushes into the midfield.

Needs to show more: Todd Marshall has had some difficult off-field circumstances to deal with, but he's the athletic key forward the Power are sorely missing.

Summary: The Power have a bright future. All three first-round picks from last year's draft look like guns, while Ryan Burton, Riley Bonner, Dan Houston and Sam Powell-Pepper could all be 200-game players. – Lee Gaskin

Port rated as having the 3rds best under 23 list:

Under-23 players: 23 players in total
Ryan Burton (61 games), Dan Houston (56 games), Sam Powell-Pepper (54 games), Riley Bonner (38 games), Connor Rozee (18 games), Zak Butters (17 games), Xavier Duursma (17 games), Todd Marshall (16 games), Kane Farrell (12 games), Aidyn Johnson (11 games), Willem Drew (nine games), Joe Atley (four games), Joel Garner (four games), Billy Frampton (three games), Peter Ladhams (two games), Tobin Cox, Martin Frederick, Riley Grundy, Sam Hayes, Cameron Hewett, Jake Patmore, Kai Pudney, Boyd Woodcock

Rising Star nominees: Six players
Ryan Burton (when playing for Hawthorn, 2017), Dan Houston (2017), Sam Powell-Pepper (2017), Riley Bonner (2018), Xavier Duursma (2019), Connor Rozee (2019)

No.1 star: Dan Houston's improvement – from a rookie-listed forward to reliable defender and now a developing midfielder – has been astounding. Getting better with every game.

Biggest upside: It takes a special player to kick five goals in just his third senior game. Connor Rozee – last year's No.5 overall pick - will only get better when he builds his tank and eventually pushes into the midfield.

Needs to show more: Todd Marshall has had some difficult off-field circumstances to deal with, but he's the athletic key forward the Power are sorely missing.

Summary: The Power have a bright future. All three first-round picks from last year's draft look like guns, while Ryan Burton, Riley Bonner, Dan Houston and Sam Powell-Pepper could all be 200-game players. – Lee Gaskin

IMHO the upside of Sam Hayes is HUGE!

it would be extremely port list management to add Fantasia the year after drafting 4 kids capable of playing forward

following lycett after ladhams and hayes

following rockliff after spp, atley and drew
You say that but we also have just about the worst forward line in the competition.

We also haven’t lost any of those players....yet

That’s a cop out.
Its not. We have so much evidence.
Our forwards are s**t. None of them are consistent goal kickers.

Sam Gray, Motlop, Westhoff, Ryder and Ebert does not a premiership forward line make.
Maybe, but under Hinkey who would know. I’m very confident Fantasia would be made to look an arse by Hinkley forward line coaching too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back