Oppo Camp Jaidyn Stephenson (Traded to Nth Melb. 2020)

Should This Thread Be Kept Open?

• Yes

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Literally counting down the days until his return. Not because I expect he can save us - he can’t. But if we stay in the eight, get a few more back, and are able to find some semblance of our pre-bye form, then we can at least go down fighting. Would be nice to take someone down with us too. Richmond for example.:D

Never understood why they decided to go that way....

Dont even know what my phone was doing with that jumbled mess of a word. Retention.

Luckily for us our brains can read scrambled words and still translate them.

"It deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

I think Stephenson was hitting his best form just before the suspension. He was a slow starter this year, but he was enormous while De Goey missed a few weeks, and was improving by the week (apart from the sloppy goal-kicking). In my opinion, he was having a terrific season. Huge loss.

When you look at guys like Stephenson and Quaynor, it just shows how important it is to go to the draft and recruit genuine talent. Not having a 1st pick this year will hurt a lot. But hopefully we can get back into the draft and get some more young talent.

This ^^.

No doubt for a second year player he is having a good season but he did start out slow (even if he was averaging teens disposals all year) his form was meh early before he started hitting some really good form (more dangerous/lively) around the lions game. imo

This ^^.

No doubt for a second year player he is having a good season but he did start out slow (even if he was averaging teens disposals all year) his form was meh early before he started hitting some really good form (more dangerous/lively) around the lions game. imo

I think early in the year they tried him more on the wing because Jamie Elliott and De Goey were occupying the forward positions, and we still had JT playing ok. It probably didn't work.

But he was then moved to FF starting from the goal-square, and he was very impressive thereafter.

He isn't the sole reason why our form has dropped off, but we clearly miss him.

One mistake doesn’t define an entire persons character.
If you’re quick to hang Carey out to dry, you should be with Stephenson.
You’re right, one mistake doesn’t define a persons character. Multiple, violent mistakes do though, so I’m not sure that Carey is one you should be defending here.

One mistake doesn’t define an entire persons character.
If you’re quick to hang Carey out to dry, you should be with Stephenson.
Not a good example. One made a stupid breach of the rules that wasn't anti-social or harmful to others in the slightest. The other has a string of breaches that are extremely anti-social and harmful to others.

Not a good example. One made a stupid breach of the rules that wasn't anti-social or harmful to others in the slightest. The other has a string of breaches that are extremely anti-social and harmful to others.
Total agreement Carey is an absolute slime ball and totally unrepentant.

If it had been my missus he tapped into his football career would have ended as soon as I found out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the reason "certain" players shouldn't use social media and have private accounts.

From a lovely family event/pic you get some ridiculous comments about betting.

Yeah just idiots out there on social media. Just want something to say these keyboard warriors.

Spot On.

IF they have Social Media they need to be more Careful with it or Have club Control it

Jaidyn owes this club big time and needs to earn respect back from the club, the players and the supporters. He really should be putting his head down and working his arse off instead of poncing around on social media.

Jaidyn owes this club big time and needs to earn respect back from the club, the players and the supporters. He really should be putting his head down and working his arse off instead of poncing around on social media.
Been well publicized that he’s been working his backside off.

But not keeping his head down obviously. When you start playing with the big boys party time is over. Time to get his head right and become professional.

So he can't with his Mum Happy Birthday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back