Most beautiful cricket grounds in the world

Remove this Banner Ad

i quite like the anitgua recreation ground, though they dont play there any more, it was a quaint caribean ground with only a couple of stands but heaps of standing room for some steel drums.

maybe its the histroy making innings that makes it staqnd out to

Como Park (if im remembering the ground from the vincibles)?

Basin Reserve is cool
4384516018_6b55edd020.jpg

bSSRs810Ye.jpg

I love how it's kind of discreet in the city, just another block, really has that suburban ground feel that i like (similar to going to the footy at Lecihhardt in Sydney).

North Sydney's my favourite ground in the country for numerous reasons, but boy is it a good place to watch (and im guessing play) cricket
oval_aerial_football_small.jpg

Im also a big fan of North Sydney Oval

The cricket ground where it looks like something didnt go right with the design/ building/ planning/ architecture: the WACA in Perth

Im also a big fan of North Sydney Oval

The cricket ground where it looks like something didnt go right with the design/ building/ planning/ architecture: the WACA in Perth
Shocking isn't it?

The rebuild should start soon.

http://waca.com.au/news/detail.asp?offset=25&ID=1851

“Now the real work stars, and we will be aiming to commence construction in March 2011 following an exciting Ashes summer of cricket.

Haven't heard any more news about it but I can't see why it won't go ahead.

Now someone will probably tell me that its been rejected and won't happen lol

EDIT: Found some news saying it will start in August.

Shocking isn't it?

“Now the real work stars, and we will be aiming to commence construction in March 2011 following an exciting Ashes summer of cricket.

Cant they just play International Cricket at Subiaco Oval?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can it be beautiful because of history?

Are you serious? of course history can add to the beauty of something, have you ever been in the Long room at the G or the members at the scg? Its just a room but wow the History makes it bloody Beaudaful mate... go have a look and do the tour you'll see what I mean

Of the major grounds in Australia. Adelaide Oval.Some of the English+Carribean grounds are nice.But my favourite has to be Cape Town with the big mountain next to the ground.And the low flying clouds.

Shocking isn't it?

Yeah, this didn't happen....

The standard of cricket in the European Cricket League might not be all that high, but La Manga in Spain (where they're playing) has some ridiculous scenery in the background.View attachment 718151

Thought the same when I was watching last night.

On the subject, Galle is amazing on tv so can only imagine it live.
I really like some of the buildings at St George’s in Port Elizabeth
The surrounds of Darren Sammy Stadium are beautiful in St Lucia

Google Arnos Vale in the West Indies. It’s beautiful

PhatBoy I have to agree Galle looks amazing.

Dharamsala looks like its right up there too. And the Dalai Lama might drop by.

Any ground with the Himalayas as a backdrop has plenty going for it doesn’t it!

Special mention to basically all the boutique NZ grounds which look not necessarily spectacular but very very picturesque

Galle was pretty cool overlooking a domestic game, would be sensational for a test match with some more atmosphere.

As far as international grounds go - Queenstown and Dharamshala. Newlands and Galle are pretty good too. In Australia, Bellerive.

Bradman Oval at Bowral.
This is my favourite ground to actually watch the game at. Spent a number of memorable days there in the '90s, sitting under a tree with a picnic watching the Bradman XI play touring sides.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back