Certified Legendary Thread #ReturnTheWings, Part 2: Job Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
Does anyone know if the 2019 PI's will be auctioned off at any point?

I’ve been told they won’t be. Best thing we can do is have as many people as possible contact the team store or footy department about it and ask the question / complain that they’re not doing it. You’d hope that if enough people were asking, they’d reconsider

twinkletoes#17

Coaster
May 30, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I’ve been told they won’t be. Best thing we can do is have as many people as possible contact the team store or footy department about it and ask the question / complain that they’re not doing it. You’d hope that if enough people were asking, they’d reconsider

I am not sure they give 2 shits about people who ask hahahaha they would know from the gala last year that there is big interest. They don't really seem to care and act annoyed when you ask them about it, like you are putting them out by asking a question.

What are they going to do with them though? they gave that Scottish side new kit the end of last year so they don't need more... they cannot reuse due to the premiers badge - not to mention if the HJ's does change back to the burgers?

Just seems like a dumb decision - they could make some very good coin off them. Do they not want the hassle of an auction - have an open day like Freo does then! Sell them off the rack $250 a pop - zero effort really and they would mostly sell.

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Bit of a random thought, but since the Eagle logo on the peril clash looks like a stenciled outline, I wondered what if they made the yellow part within the logo, true gold? Or at least a more vibrant yellow so that it stands out against the yellow base of the rest of the guernsey.

If any of you graphic designers could mock this up, I would be most appreciative.

May 28, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
At the official opening of Mineral Resources Park, the ribbon the Eagles had made to cut was an inverse of the logo - if it's good enough for the ribbon cutting it's good enough for the clash guernsey!! I think it would improve the clash a million-fold.

VAPFVi9.jpg

65896452_10156594277232224_3687820973756645376_o.jpg

Jul 1, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Wildcats, Subiaco Lions, Bulls
At the official opening of Mineral Resources Park, the ribbon the Eagles had made to cut was an inverse of the logo - if it's good enough for the ribbon cutting it's good enough for the clash guernsey!! I think it would improve the clash a million-fold.

VAPFVi9.jpg
It just needs a blue outline around the white. That's it.
Then chuck it on jumper!

twinkletoes#17

Coaster
May 30, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

VAPFVi9.jpg

65896452_10156594277232224_3687820973756645376_o.jpg

Don't like the white eye ball part

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
Don't like the white eye ball part
The eye is what puts me off the idea of the inverse. It doesn't really work in blue or black, but it doesn't work in white either. I've spent hours experimenting in photoshop trying to make it work with little luck

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Bit of a random thought, but since the Eagle logo on the peril clash looks like a stenciled outline, I wondered what if they made the yellow part within the logo, true gold? Or at least a more vibrant yellow so that it stands out against the yellow base of the rest of the guernsey.

If any of you graphic designers could mock this up, I would be most appreciative.
I'll do an immediate disclaimer by saying that making metallic colours isn't something I've done a lot of, but hopefully this quick 5 minute job gives you an idea of what it could look like

WCEgold.png

wceyellow.png

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I'll do an immediate disclaimer by saying that making metallic colours isn't something I've done a lot of, but hopefully this quick 5 minute job gives you an idea of what it could look like

View attachment 723431
View attachment 723432
Thanks Ty. That second one in particular is what I had in mind. Just anything to make it not look like an outline, really.

Re: the white eye on the inverted head. On the guernsey it wouldn't actually matter, what with the nature of a game of footy. That is, nobody would ever notice that tiny level of detail during the action of a footy match.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Re: the white eye on the inverted head. On the guernsey it wouldn't actually matter, what with the nature of a game of footy. That is, nobody would ever notice that tiny level of detail during the action of a footy match.
Yeah that's been pointed out before and I tend to agree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back