News Kersten walks

Remove this Banner Ad

A player who was under contract and playing in the senior team being pushed out the door in a desperate attempt to try and convince his teammate to stay is reasonable?

You really have no idea about workplace culture do you

Yes I do

And considering a new troll Tyler the Creator is the only one agreeing with you tells me he has an axe to grind too

can't believe how conspiratorial people are getting about this.

it paints Ross Lyon and Steve Rosich as cold blooded pricks – and not in a club-first clinical way – and Lachie Neale as both a good person and sick to death of the club.

to basically shoot from the hip and panic and want to sack a player, no matter how bad he was and he was absolute trash, is reactionary and uncouth. Neale wanted to leave because we were going nowhere, the list is being held up by a terrible coach playing a pointless style that was untangled in about 2013, and was sick of the bros caring more about Laneway Festival than playing professional football. Neale wanted to be in a strong environment that was going in the right way. it's been obvious for years that we aren't. that Fox article is damning. and well written. and don't get precious and blame it on h@ckd0Rn... reality is it was written by a Victorian outlet. the beats are beating.

can't believe how conspiratorial people are getting about this.

it paints Ross Lyon and Steve Rosich as cold blooded pricks – and not in a club-first clinical way – and Lachie Neale as both a good person and sick to death of the club.

to basically shoot from the hip and panic and want to sack a player, no matter how bad he was and he was absolute trash, is reactionary and uncouth. Neale wanted to leave because we were going nowhere, the list is being held up by a terrible coach playing a pointless style that was untangled in about 2013, and was sick of the bros caring more about Laneway Festival than playing professional football. Neale wanted to be in a strong environment that was going in the right way. it's been obvious for years that we aren't. that Fox article is damning. and well written. and don't get precious and blame it on h@ckd0Rn... reality is it was written by a Victorian outlet. the beats are beating.
Spot on. Neale matured along with the group. Probably realized his first season in 2012/2013 was as good as it got under Ross. The rebuild wasn’t going to get as good within the short term. Plus Fyfe being the number 1 man.
It was a smart decision. Perhaps slightly aggrieved at money/culture, but 99% a decision for the future and success.

It's well documented that Lyon is well liked by players who are in the best 22 and in favour with the coach. Reiwoldt and Dal Santo still rave about the guy to this day after the way he walked out on them.

Trying to force a contracted player out to appease someone who wants to leave is a disgrace. They shouldn't have offered Kersten such a long contract in the first place. Not to mention he was in the team at the end of 2018 so he can't have been that s**t in their eyes.

What does it do for the culture of the club if they are trying to offload people in contract to keep the high profile players?

Instead of trying to cut a contracted player, why didn't they just not offer Bennell a contract and give his money to Neale?

Spot on. Neale matured along with the group. Probably realized his first season in 2012/2013 was as good as it got under Ross. The rebuild wasn’t going to get as good within the short term. Plus Fyfe being the number 1 man.
It was a smart decision. Perhaps slightly aggrieved at money/culture, but 99% a decision for the future and success.
it wasn't money. club had a bit to give, this is pre-Hogan and pre-Lobb. Lachie Neale was the next captain and any half-smart club (does that rule out Fremantle?) would have kept the door ajar to placate a champion ruck rover with eight more years in the legs and his best still to, probably, come (this is from a 2018 off-season mindset). it wasn't money.

didn't rate or like Toss Lyon, had issues with the application of some players, and was sick of dickhead Freo fans trying to chat to him constantly and West Coast supporters giving him 'funny' jibes down the Little Concept (flogfest café but hey he used to love the joint).

Brad Hill now. club's going to be in a bit of a hole.

Instead of trying to cut a contracted player, why didn't they just not offer Bennell a contract and give his money to Neale?
biggest there was a tension between Lachie Neale and Shane Kersten according to that article.

Neale goes to the club and says he's going to the Brisbane Lions.

Rosich goes to his best mate, confidante, and crush Ross Lyon and tells him about it. Ross Lyon, ever the sensitive person and open-minded fella, tells Rosich they have a bit of an issue with one another and perhaps that is the cause of this sudden trade demand. instead of the myriad reasons it probably is. Rosich goes straight to Neale and says how Kersten's gone if you want and Neale is appalled the club would turf someone just to keep one player. oh, and the decision's made. oh, and you look desperate trying this hard to keep me.

Bennell is about as relevant and central to this as Taylin 'is that a real name? and what the * is on your leg you bogan?' Duman.

Regardless of how much of these stories are true, it is troubling nonetheless. The longer this storm continues, the more likely it is that people (players. staff etc) will leave or be pushed. I sense big changes coming....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said in another thread months ago that Kersten was pissed about the miss management of his injury, I think he got another opinion and Freo's medical team had made it worse and there was talk he was going to sue or something like that.
I don't think this story is going away anytime soon it sounded like the family were pissed

it wasn't money. club had a bit to give, this is pre-Hogan and pre-Lobb. Lachie Neale was the next captain and any half-smart club (does that rule out Fremantle?) would have kept the door ajar to placate a champion ruck rover with eight more years in the legs and his best still to, probably, come (this is from a 2018 off-season mindset). it wasn't money.

didn't rate or like Toss Lyon, had issues with the application of some players, and was sick of dickhead Freo fans trying to chat to him constantly and West Coast supporters giving him 'funny' jibes down the Little Concept (flogfest café but hey he used to love the joint).

Brad Hill now. club's going to be in a bit of a hole.
Oh look another ones popped up(in the know too)...wow what exciting lives you
must live!!

biggest there was a tension between Lachie Neale and Shane Kersten according to that article.

Neale goes to the club and says he's going to the Brisbane Lions.

Rosich goes to his best mate, confidante, and crush Ross Lyon and tells him about it. Ross Lyon, ever the sensitive person and open-minded fella, tells Rosich they have a bit of an issue with one another and perhaps that is the cause of this sudden trade demand. instead of the myriad reasons it probably is. Rosich goes straight to Neale and says how Kersten's gone if you want and Neale is appalled the club would turf someone just to keep one player. oh, and the decision's made. oh, and you look desperate trying this hard to keep me.

Bennell is about as relevant and central to this as Taylin 'is that a real name? and what the fu** is on your leg you bogan?' Duman.
Do you write science fiction as well or are you a fly?

Because the beef was between Neale and Kersten, not Bennell.

Bennell had already signed a contract anyway in months prior, so it would be the same decision as cutting Kersten with a year to go...

Because the beef was between Neale and Kersten, not Bennell.

Bennell had already signed a contract anyway in months prior, so it would be the same decision as cutting Kersten with a year to go...
A lot of bs going around.

First, we had money to match for Neale but decided not to.

Second, pretty sure if Neale said it’s me or Kersten. Kersten would be out the door.

Second, pretty sure if Neale said it’s me or Kersten. Kersten would be out the door.
We had the money for Neale and tried to match, he wanted to leave.

The club tried to jettison Kersten and Neale said that wasn't the real problem, he just wanted change.

Henceforth Kersten pissed at the club and Neale leaves anyway as he had already made his mind up.

I guess unfortunately if we were ever going to recruit key forwards in Hogan and Lobb which we had been trying to do for the last 2 decades unsuccessfully despite being linked to multitudes of forwards over the years someone had to be let go and that was Neale. As good as he had been the two years before we had gone through two pretty ordinary years in that time.

This is like some sort of weird Chinese whispers game if people didn't read the original article which was based on leaky sources and gossip, just makes up their own story.

First Rosich offered to delist Kersten when they heard Neale wanted out. We would be paying Kersten out his 165K to keep Neale. Rosich did this because Ross told him that Neale had issues with Kersten. But Neale said don't throw Kersten to the kerb I've decided to go anyway.

Ross also had issues with Kersten who got injured in preseason and was unhappy with how he thought his rehab made his injury worse. Wanted to have an operation which the club didn't allow, so he jumps ship now instead of waiting until the end of year apparently to go have his operation.

Oh year and Blakely renews his contract for 3 years. Yay!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back