Rumour Suns putting pressure on Jack to commit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee, thanks for doing the research on my own state for me. Never would have known what it's like to live in Tasmania without your assistance. And is it a problem to have 4 distinct seasons? Those figures you quoted are total BS, by the way. Averages in Hobart, for example, are 12 in winter, 22 in summer. Melbourne is 14 in Winter, 26 in summer. Launceston is 13 in Winter, 25 in Summer. Hobart, Launcestion and Melbourne are temperate cities. And nobody averages a whole state - it makes no sense to do that. Why would you include very tall mountain areas where there is no population in an average?

I lived in Melbourne for 25 years. It's not that much different in Hobart except the summers are more bearable. People who have never spent any time in Tasmania should keep their traps shut about it.

I never said everybody wants to live in Tasmania. Just that it's not a given that everybody would choose the Gold Coast over other places.
Never been there but been told it's a beautiful place
If you want bright lights you cross the strait I guess

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

Doubt he’ll be there long enough.
He’ll get to the Saints. Maybe not end of this year, but I can’t see him extending his initial contract.

Silly choice by the Suns. Identical twins and lifelong Saints supporters. One’s there already, the other will be there in the not too distant future.
Could it be that someone might actually have more knowledge than you do, due to their greater resources? Gold Coast knew that they were both Saints supporters and that St Kilda had already taken Max at #4. This was public knowledge. I'm certain they would have had pre-draft interviews with Ben and asked him about his motivations and willingness to re-sign. For all we know he may have been adamant about stepping out of his brother's shadow and making his own name separately, and declared his love for surfing and beach babes. But clearly he didn't say he was only interested in playing for St Kilda, or they wouldn't have picked him.

People also thought Rankine was going to leave at the first opportunity, yet he's re-signed early. Wait and see with King, he's saying all the right things so far.

Could it be that someone might actually have more knowledge than you do, due to their greater resources? Gold Coast knew that they were both Saints supporters and that St Kilda had already taken Max at #4. This was public knowledge. I'm certain they would have had pre-draft interviews with Ben and asked him about his motivations and willingness to re-sign. For all we know he may have been adamant about stepping out of his brother's shadow and making his own name separately, and declared his love for surfing and beach babes. But clearly he didn't say he was only interested in playing for St Kilda, or they wouldn't have picked him.

People also thought Rankine was going to leave at the first opportunity, yet he's re-signed early. Wait and see with King, he's saying all the right things so far.

Hey, it’s my opinion. That’s what a forum is about isn’t it? Where did I ever say I knew more than any recruiters, who of course have never got anything wrong ever. Jeez.

Of course we’ll see. Lots of talk in Melbourne about him saying he’s coming home. If not end of this year, then at the end of his contract.

Very few kids wanting to be drafted would be adamant about only playing for a certain club. Especially considering Saints only had a late second pick (39) - he always knew he wasn’t going to get there first up.

You can disagree but I still think he’ll get there in the next year or two.

Hey, it’s my opinion. That’s what a forum is about isn’t it? Where did I ever say I knew more than any recruiters, who of course have never got anything wrong ever. Jeez.
Probably the part where you called their decision silly. Unless you think you're even sillier. Of course it's your opinion, I'm not questioning your right to an opinion, just its validity.

Gold coast have to put a line in the sand this year and say no to any young players wanting to leave. What would be the point in giving up Lukocious for a similar draft pick they got him with.
2 years after using that draft pick do they give up the player again?

Brisbane had a similar situation happening a while back and they got tough. Look at them now

Interesting timing this, ive got a contact on the GC who has given me sensational mail before regarding player departures.

He messaged me earlier in the week saying Brad Crouch to GCS is all but done with Lukosius goign the other way. Bryce Gibbs steak knives with pick swaps also.

Crouch fits the profile of what they need.

Interesting timing this, ive got a contact on the GC who has given me sensational mail before regarding player departures.

He messaged me earlier in the week saying Brad Crouch to GCS is all but done with Lukosius goign the other way. Bryce Gibbs steak knives with pick swaps also.

Crouch fits the profile of what they need.
Crouch and Gibbs for Lukosius would be a pretty good deal for Gold Coast I reckon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really ??.

i wouldn't go near that if I was the GC.
Shithouse for the Crows.

Brad Crouch will win the B&F and should be close to All Australian as an impact midfielder. Lukosius is a tall flanker.

I'd run a MILE from that.

The only player that has refused to sign a 2nd contract or extend their first has been Josh Caddy.
No South Australians that we have drafted have left to return home. There have been plenty.
King and Lukosius are in the process of moving in together despite there being only 4 weeks to the end of the season. 1 month lease is it?

So interested in an outside opinion, who should we have taken last year then?

I’m not saying they shouldn’t have taken them, I’m just saying that the risk of homesickness was just as bad with these kids as any others that have come before

Bloke above is just a St Kilda squib.
Nothing more, nothing less.
Watch this space for the signing of the contract then the goose can crawl back in his burrow..

So interested in an outside opinion, who should we have taken last year then?
I think the SA boys together was the way to go. If you can hold on to King, he is the monster forward to build your forward line around.

Also hitting months Perth lads as well, e.g Swallow.

Maybe as it has already been said, both Kings together, but would you really pass up Rankine to do it, yes I know he's injuried but he'll be worth waiting for.

As you said let's see how this all pans out. Maybe Ben King liked to surf and likes the chicks up there, certainly a combination that would work for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back