Rumour John Worsfold to coach Carlton

Ha! You wish.
We'll already be paying out Scott's contract via equalisation payments so we might as well cut out the middle man and employ him ourselves

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I
Don't let a little salt get in the way of our next premiership

People getting head coach jobs for sitting in the same box as Clarkson. He spent his career winning premierships with Clarkson as a captain/on field leader. Was assistant for WCE 2018 success under Simpson and now back under Clarkson for some more apprenticeship. It's more then that though. People who've worked with him have an unwavering belief he will be a great coach/worth the shot. Exciting upside
He doesn’t have enough experience IMO

Sirlemsip

Club Legend
May 5, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If the rumour is correct, that would suggest that Worsfold doesn't think the current Essendon team are capable of winning a premiership.
Alternatively Carlton may be offering silly amounts of money... but why you would offer that to Worsfold in 2020 is beyond me.

I also doubt that Mitchell would go to coach Essendon (or that Essendon would chase him)

CaptainChardonnay

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 6, 2009
In the shadows of the SCG
AFL Club
Sydney
Roos & Worsfold most over rated coaches in/out the system.

BOTH were lucky enough to be put in charge of 2 extremely talented lists. One had the best talent, the other had the biggest heart.

Teams falling over themselves to get these blokes on board thinking it's the answer to all their problems are heading for an even bigger fall. Head coaches are just a small part of a much larger team.

YeOldTiger

67-69-73-74-80-17-19-20
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers, Glenelg Tigers
If anything Carlton has probably just contacted his manager - wouldn’t surprise me since he’s nearing the last year of his contract and would probably be good for Woosh if he wants to negotiate a further contract with Essendon.

This being said - there are doubts he even wants to stay in Victoria after next year since he is whipped and his wife took the kids back to WA - Freo will probably have a vacant head coach position by then - if that’s what happens I wish him the best... if he moves to Carlton.... no.
Woosha to coach Freo next year is gathering momentum in WA. Originally a Sth Freo boy and would team up with old mate Sumich again. Lots of calls for Freo to get some old school character back into the Club. Lots unhappy about the heart and soul being ripped out in the Lyon era which is kinda unfair considering he changed the culture and took them to a gf. That's what's going on behind the scenes tho. Woosha to Freo.

Woosha to coach Freo next year is gathering momentum in WA. Originally a Sth Freo boy and would team up with old mate Sumich again. Lots of calls for Freo to get some old school character back into the Club. Lots unhappy about the heart and soul being ripped out in the Lyon era which is kinda unfair considering he changed the culture and took them to a gf. That's what's going on behind the scenes tho. Woosha to Freo.
Gathering momentum? With who?

Fremantle members and powerbrokers. In live in Freo and it's all anyone wants to talk about. The whole town is buzzing with it.
I live near enough to Freo too and have heard nothing.. mind you I don't listen to 6PR so there's that.

I think it's really quite sad and irresponsible of knob jockeys like Hardy and Hackdorn to try and capitalise on Freo supporter discontent with Lyon in this manner.

Nevertheless play on..

YeOldTiger

67-69-73-74-80-17-19-20
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
I live near enough to Freo too and have had heard nothing.. mind you I don't listen to 6PR so there's that.

I think it's really quite sad and irresponsible of knob jockeys like Hardy and Hackdorn to try and capitalise on Freo supporter discontent with Lyon in this manner.

Nevertheless play on..
I have friends who are members. Maybe it's just wishful thinking. But if Lyon does go and it appears there's a bloc movement to force him out, then their no1 target wb Woosha. You could understand why. Anyway that's what I'm hearing.

I have friends who are members. Maybe it's just wishful thinking. But if Lyon does go and it appears there's a bloc movement to force him out, then their no1 target wb Woosha. You could understand why. Anyway that's what I'm hearing.
I think it's entirely wishful thinking from an increasingly desperate supporter base. There's more chance of Brad Scott or Sumich himself taking the reigns IF Ross leave and that's a big if.

YeOldTiger

67-69-73-74-80-17-19-20
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
I think it's entirely wishful thinking from an increasingly desperate supporter base. There's more chance of Brad Scott or Sumich himself taking the reigns IF Ross leave and that's a big if.
Who would you choose ? Suma is untried, Scott is a just a jerk off. Woosha is a legend. All it needs is the guy with the chequebook to make the call. That how Steve Harris and Rosich got Lyon in the first place. Bell just got signed on for another three years and he and Lyon don't mix so...join the dots. If Woosha wants to come home it's all there laid out for him...

Back