Preview Changes: Round 20 Vs Geelong Cats + Pre-match discussion

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
We are tanking dead set

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I hope not. Nothing good ever comes from not instilling a winning culture. Melbourne says Hi

If you manage to "achieve" a high draft pick because of all the losing, karma's a bitch and your pick will turn into a Watts clone.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
For who, he can't replace Lobb and his forward presence in the last game he played was non existent, he doesn't deserve a game at the minute.With the extra mids in Fyfe or Mundy will go forward
He's our best tall goal kicker, one of our few players with good technique and given a bit of coaching and confidence should be in exactly for Lobb and let the two others ruck.

I was harsh on Dardy last year and some of this and while he's looked crap in WAFL and lazy, I don't think that's his problem. We should be changing our structure rather than bombing it in.

They put Fyfe in the forwards at the start of the game last week because he take take a mark, so we could keeping bombing it in. However we could not then lay our hands on the ball because we took our best player off it.

What's the definition of insanity?

Johnny Dalmas

Getting Old and Grumpy
Oct 16, 2015
Albany
AFL Club
Fremantle
He's our best tall goal kicker, one of our few players with good technique and given a bit of coaching and confidence should be in exactly for Lobb and let the two others ruck.

I was harsh on Dardy last year and some of this and while he's looked crap in WAFL and lazy, I don't think that's his problem. We should be changing our structure rather than bombing it in.

They put Fyfe in the forwards at the start of the game last week because he take take a mark, so we could keeping bombing it in. However we could not then lay our hands on the ball because we took our best player off it.

What's the definition of insanity?
You wait for when we actually get a possession chain through the midfield and we end up having to kick long to ... Crowden as our deepest forward.

Nov 28, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
none
Really looking forward to seeing a glimpse of the future in this game. Got the feeling Jason Carter will be a beauty. Hope they give it all they got and are competitive.

Johnny Dalmas

Getting Old and Grumpy
Oct 16, 2015
Albany
AFL Club
Fremantle
Since the bye we have been the lowest scoring team in the league.

We. Have. Scored. Less. Than. Gold. Coast.

And on paper we are going in with Darcy at FF. He's kicked 1 goal for the year. I suppose that's better than Sandi. He hasn't kicked any so far.*

We could always put Mundy forward. He's kicked 5 in 2019. Fyfe is the most likely with 10, which for a Freo midfielder isn't a bad effort at all.

McCarthy might be underachieving but at least he's kicked 16 at a goal and a half a game. Thats 3rd on our goal kicking list with more goals in less games than both Hogan and Lobb (obviously Lobb has been rucking). He might not be MC's first choice forward. But really? Do we want to at least try and score?

* Fun fact: Sandi has kicked 51 goals _this decade_. Zac Tuohy playing half-back has kicked more goals this decade than Sandi. He's been a great ruckman but he's no forward.

Midnite65

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Philadelpia 76'ers
I wouldn't be so worried about the forward line, apart for a few games it has been a basket case all year. I am more worried about the back line, when we were going ok we had Pearce, Hamling, and Wilson and Ryan all in good form, 3 of those are now out and Duman, Hughes, Logue and Cerra are there together, I predict the Cats will be pretty efficient at scoring inside 50 as we will be turning it over pretty frequently.

Johnny Dalmas

Getting Old and Grumpy
Oct 16, 2015
Albany
AFL Club
Fremantle
Or kick to a forward line of Sandi and Darc not to their advantage and watch there small defenders waltz around them going the other way...
We'll play the paddock so Sandi and Darcy will press up high, then we'll kick it over their head to space and they will turn around and gallop back onto the ball as it rolls towards an empty pocket.

Rion

Club Legend
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Gross team. Sandi/Darcy as the ruck/only forward rotation is ridiculous especially in the wet. Brought in a bunch of youth but apart from Carter (who I'm super excited about) it's just all the guys we've already tried this year. We'll have a young team but if they're all playing poorly it hardly gets me pumped about our future.

In saying that I feel for the selectors a little because if they aren't going to trust the youngsters this is pretty much the best they can do. Astounding how little depth we've got where copping 5-6 injuries turns us into an absolute rabble on paper. Hopefully Geelong don't care about %.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Since the bye we have been the lowest scoring team in the league.

We. Have. Scored. Less. Than. Gold. Coast.

And on paper we are going in with Darcy at FF. He's kicked 1 goal for the year. I suppose that's better than Sandi. He hasn't kicked any so far.*

We could always put Mundy forward. He's kicked 5 in 2019. Fyfe is the most likely with 10, which for a Freo midfielder isn't a bad effort at all.

McCarthy might be underachieving but at least he's kicked 16 at a goal and a half a game. Thats 3rd on our goal kicking list with more goals in less games than both Hogan and Lobb (obviously Lobb has been rucking). He might not be MC's first choice forward. But really? Do we want to at least try and score?

* Fun fact: Sandi has kicked 51 goals _this decade_. Zac Tuohy playing half-back has kicked more goals this decade than Sandi. He's been a great ruckman but he's no forward.

Don’t panic! Switkowski will be down there.

Back