Coach NMFC Senior Coach Rhyce Shaw - Ben Buckley announces NMFC & Shaw will part ways immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

He’ll always be Scamper to me.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I am starting to think of him as Scamper.

Its passed that point of no return - I was talking to someone about our new coach today and said "They'll be signing Scamper soon" and they said "What are you talking about?"

Spot on.
We're a 40M business. You don't just interview one bloke for one of the most important roles in the business and then offer him the job.
Shambles of a "process".

Nothing against Shaw, obviously I hope he does well. But it's decisions like this that makes it difficult for the industry to take us seriously.
Okay thanks Damo.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Quite petty that anyone who questions what the club does, gets called names.

Clearly, very few on here have been involved in interviewing for leadership positions in the corporate sector.

The problem with treating this like a corporate sector interview is that a lot of the time the interviewee will just tell the interviewer what they want to hear. It’s the best way to get a head in that space. Tell your leader what they want to hear. I’ve learnt that and put it into practice. Plus we’ve just been down the path of Mr Corporate himself.

It’s time for a bloke who’s going to get his hands dirty. Plus he’s under our noses. Let’s not make this more complicated than it needs to be.

Clearly, very few on here have been involved in interviewing for leadership positions in the corporate sector.

Who knows, I doubt most people try to segue BigFooty with Linkedin.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I do it for a living

The problem with treating this like a corporate sector interview is that a lot of the time the interviewee will just tell the interviewer what they want to hear. It’s the best way to get a head in that space. Tell your leader what they want to hear. I’ve learnt that and put it into practice. Plus we’ve just been down the path of Mr Corporate himself.

It’s time for a bloke who’s going to get his hands dirty. Plus he’s under our noses. Let’s not make this more complicated than it needs to be.
We didn't make it complicated at all. In fact we could not have made it any more simpler.

Begin process
Number of candidates interviewed: one
Number of offers made: one
Number of offers accepted: one
End process

(Log in to remove this ad.)

_insert Steve Winwood song here_

giphy.gif

Have you ever had Dragon fruit.

That's a weird looking piece of fruit if ever i saw one.

Don't mind it. Certainly looks the part, but does lack a little bit of punch in the flavour department.

As for the more trifling matter of Rhyce's appointment as coach....now that I've had some time to "process" it....

Excellent news!

Have been a card-carrying member of Team Shaw since he took over. Nice one, North.

We didn't make it complicated at all. In fact we could not have made it any more simpler.

Begin process
Number of candidates interviewed: one
Number of offers made: one
Number of offers accepted: one
End process
Exactly Rod, we've gone with the bleeding obvious and not tried to outsmart ourselves.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Some are bitchin about the process of the appointment eh?.. here’s your ‘process’...

Buckley: “So Arch out of these names who would you most run through brick walls for; Bilbo Bolton, Crazy Vossy, Cuddles Carracella or Shinboner Shaw?”
Arch: sternlook:
Buckley: “yeah thought so, i’ll call the press conference”...

Stuff the process, sometimes your gut feel is 100 times better than a 100 interviews.

Bring on Trade eon, bring on Draft day, bring on preseason and bring on 2020!

I fu**in love this club!
What nonsense. If this decision is a bust, I suspect you’ll change your tune.

Bottom line is, Ben Buckley and co. have painted themselves into a corner. If this doesn’t work out, Buckley and co. MUST step away from the club. There’s no denying that.
Hopefully it works out and they’ll look like geniuses but gee, they have taken one almighty risk but appointing someone to the most important position at the club without interviewing potential candidates. The words “due diligence” keep coming to mind.,

The only conclusions Im drawing are they went for the best and couldn't get them, they didn't like what they saw in terms of other options and Shaw ticked most of the boxes so decision was made. Providing the selection panel were unanimous then we back the call and now move to his support team and recruitment strategies.

North appoint Shaw;

" North have not gone through the proper process and have not done their due dilligence in appointing Shaw as coach. You don't appoint interim coaches after 8 games "

Carltank appoint Teague;

" This is a great appointment by Carlton and they have picked exactly the right man "

St. Dwarves appoint Ratten;

" Fantastic by St. Kilda blah, blah, blah...."

What nonsense. If this decision is a bust, I suspect you’ll change your tune.

Bottom line is, Ben Buckley and co. have painted themselves into a corner. If this doesn’t work out, Buckley and co. MUST step away from the club. There’s no denying that.
Hopefully it works out and they’ll look like geniuses but gee, they have taken one almighty risk but appointing someone to the most important position at the club without interviewing potential candidates. The words “due diligence” keep coming to mind.,
Don’t stress my furry old friend, Scamper is only in the top job until science finds a way to take the DNA of Norm Smith and recreate him in some Jurassic Park style cloning experiment.

Until then, sit back and watch the dynamic duo - Scamper and the Snoz do their thang!

North appoint Shaw;

" North have not gone through the proper process and have not done their due dilligence in appointing Shaw as coach. You don't appoint interim coaches after 8 games "

Carltank appoint Teague;

" This is a great appointment by Carlton and they have picked exactly the right man "

St. Dwarves appoint Ratten;

" Fantastic by St. Kilda blah, blah, blah...."
Yep...the experts would rather we appoint an interim coach after 12 games and not 8....because the extra 4 games will make a difference!! The fact he was the Swans backline coach and awarded the AFL Assistant Coach of the Year award and coached a NEAFL team to 2 grand finals are not relevant....

starting to think of him as Scamper
He is Scamper.

No need for a highly polished CV composed by a hired consultant, supported by a fancy-pansed PowerPoint slide show and a highlights show reel. These don't substitute for actual hands on experience and a vision.

Imagine if the selection panel a decade back had decided to discard the candidate who had the most glamorous presentation material, recognising that he was more show than go?

I'm glad we didn't flinch and embark on a search for the shmickest presenter, but chose to fill the position with the bloke who we recruited at the start of this season, most probably with the objective of appointing him to the head coaching role at the end of Scotts reign in any case.

In my opinion, the process was already completed back then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back