Rumour 3AW - rumour Grundy wants back to S.A.

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’d take their #1 pick and another first rounder. If we can’t win a flag with Grundy this year we probably never will.

Why would you be satisfied with just one premiership? Grundy could lead us to multiple flags (and not necessarily this year, you can throw a blanket over five clubs at present). It would be irresponsible to let him walk unless the offer was off the charts and we couldn’t afford to keep him.

Why would you be satisfied with just one premiership? Grundy could lead us to multiple flags (and not necessarily this year, you can throw a blanket over five clubs at present). It would be irresponsible to let him walk unless the offer was off the charts and we couldn’t afford to keep him.

Cause Adz.

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
If he's going home

He's going with broomhead

Adelaide = grundy broomhead and third round

Pies. =. Pick 1. Round 3 Hugh greenwood and first pick 2021

Gonna cost crows heaps

undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer
My mail has it that Brodes finds the Melbourne graff scene utterly passé nowadays, and wants to head a street art revolution in Adelaide.

Make of it what you will, but my source is tier 1 (ex-Collingwood player). Crows have $1.4m per season on the table for him, as we speak. 5 year deal which will take him to 30.

Currency hasn't been confirmed to me as of yet, though I've heard Seedsman's name being floated.

So, Pies get Seedsman, with Collingwood giving them Grundy & their 2020 first rounder - sounds pretty fair.

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
So, Pies get Seedsman, with Collingwood giving them Grundy & their 2020 first rounder - sounds pretty fair.
Yeah if you barrack for Adelaide

Collingwood don't give players away.

Soups

Premium Platinum
Jul 16, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
My mail has it that Brodes finds the Melbourne graff scene utterly passé nowadays, and wants to head a street art revolution in Adelaide.

Make of it what you will, but my source is tier 1 (ex-Collingwood player). Crows have $1.4m per season on the table for him, as we speak. 5 year deal which will take him to 30.

Currency hasn't been confirmed to me as of yet, though I've heard Seedsman's name being floated.

Sign me up. Love to get Lez back.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler

Swans!

undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer
Imagine if a player as good as Grundy didn't care about winning games or flags and said to the suns (any club willing) gimme 2 mill a season and I'm in.
Would be a pretty nice feeling, just 25 years of age with a guaranteed $1.something million per year for the next 5 at least.

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
The guy has a 2020 contract - why does he need to be discussing a new contract now?
Far out this narrative sucks- in 12 months time yeah maybe fair enough but I hate the constant contract conjecture

Duckimus Prime

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The guy has a 2020 contract - why does he need to be discussing a new contract now?
It was Collingwood that wanted to extend him early to lock him in.

Other clubs are interested in discussing trades this year, because they think Collingwood will be willing because he's a restricted free agent next year.

Mr Miyagi

Debutant
Feb 22, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Grundy's manager is the main man pushing all of the contract talks. He blatantly said it, that both himself and Grundy are not happy with Collingwood's offer.

Remember that time Adelaide fans thought they’d just sign Grundy as a free agent at the end of this season so why bother discussing a trade, and that Pies fans should be legitimately worried because his Melbourne based girlfriend is from Adelaide?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Jan 16, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Remember that time Adelaide fans thought they’d just sign Grundy as a free agent at the end of this season so why bother discussing a trade, and that Pies fans should be legitimately worried because his Melbourne based girlfriend is from Adelaide?

Yeah but 7 years?? Too long. He will not last.

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC

while I don't doubt you'd be able to find a couple of quotes from nuffies, you'll find that the consensus on the Adelaide board was that Grundy was doing what is colloquially known as 'doing a Pavlich' and merely using the idea of returning to SA as leverage to get a better Collingwood deal

7 years is a long time

Back