Opinion Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got no problem with Siddle playing. On English pitches you don't have to bowl quick. His accuracy and ability to nibble the ball around will be vital. If you saw the Irish bowlers last week, Murtagh got 5/12 bowling just like Siddle.

Of course this means fu** all if the batsmen can't get a decent total to bowl at.
Yeah, I don't either, I just saw it as a good opportunity for a cheap joke haha.

*, the umps have had an absolute shocker today though.

Justin Langer reminds me of a recently departed nmfc coach. Skill battlers that are tenacious lean towards picking skill battlers that are also tenacious, or are suck holes who remind them that they wish that they could be as brave a battler as the coach. Skills are frowned upon. Eccentricity, because skill comes easy to you is particularly frowned upon.

One spot in the squad: sorry Shane Warne Carey but we believe.

Hopefully this arrogant, Napoleonic, jealous style of managing is weeded out of all walks of life.

PS. My boss is a lovely man and nothing of the above

Whitewash to England and may petty hearted people never again be given reins
Petty hearted people, open your hearts. Enjoy skill and thee shall once again be allowed to tiddle with, then unshackle said reins. You are allowed to ask people to be themselves while you work on your own self. It improves the process.

Massive call leaving out Starc. A genuine wicket taker coming off 27 scalps in the WC. If we can't take 20 wickets, the amount of egg to be wiped off our faces will be historic.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Wickets will fall. I can guarantee 40 will be taken inside 3 days.

It’s about keeping the run rate down and building pressure.
No one does that better than Siddle.

Selectors for once have got it in spot on.

Wickets will fall. I can guarantee 40 will be taken inside 3 days.

It’s about keeping the run rate down and building pressure.
No one does that better than Siddle.

Selectors for once have got it in spot on.

I'm not sold on the Siddle selection.

The best way to keep the RR down and build pressure is to take wickets imo.

By dropping Starc, we have given away a 140kph+ left arm swing bowler with 11/5 wicket hauls and 2/10 wicket hauls, a world class strike rate for a line/length bowler averaging .4 of a run less an over over their respective careers. Not to mention, Starc has a batting average of almost 22 with 9 50s. They are much needed runs in this current flaky line up.

We will get hammered in this series imo but mostly due to incompetent batting. We definitely have the bowlers to trouble the Poms, but as long as we have to carry Paine in the side, then we are playing 1 down imho.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

285 is an amazing score considering the position we were in and it's a massive indictment on our top order batsmen when one player scores more than half your teams total score. Smith defends his wicket as if his life depends on it, the other members of our batting brigade have little or no respect for their wicket at all.

Interesting days cricket ! Pretty even at the end of the days play

Siddle will need some wickets as a surprising selection. I had Hazelwood in for him.

Dropping Starc would have been a tough call too. Especially if the English tail make runs. Starc was pretty good at cleaning up the tail. Just had trouble recently getting top order wickets

Steve Smith is entering the absolute all time elite.

He is a junior coaches nightmare, as kids would be copying those trigger movements and bat lift which only a complete freak like Smith can pull off.

How good that innings was last night cannot be overstated, particularly if we end up winning the test and series.

Siddle will need some wickets as a surprising selection. I had Hazelwood in for him.

Dropping Starc would have been a tough call too. Especially if the English tail make runs. Starc was pretty good at cleaning up the tail. Just had trouble recently getting top order wickets

Starc is carrying a knee niggle atm.

Better off getting him right for later on than risk him breaking down early

Doubt Hazelwood makes 44, but yeah pitch looks like it would suit him

Doubt Hazelwood makes 44, but yeah pitch looks like it would suit him

has he got all series to make them ? :cool:

Im not knocking Siddle either and i can see the selectors rationale, but that extra half yard of pace plus the bounce makes Hazelwood IMO a more dangerous bowler

Fine fine innings from Smith too..hes just a machine !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back