Preview Changes: Round 20 Vs Geelong Cats + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
McCarthy might be underachieving but at least he's kicked 16 at a goal and a half a game. Thats 3rd on our goal kicking list with more goals in less games than both Hogan and Lobb (obviously Lobb has been rucking). He might not be MC's first choice forward. But really? Do we want to at least try and score?

He kicked 5 in one game and done stuff all since. I like dardy but he has stunk for the past 10 weeks.

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
In saying that I feel for the selectors a little because if they aren't going to trust the youngsters this is pretty much the best they can do. Astounding how little depth we've got where copping 5-6 injuries turns us into an absolute rabble on paper. Hopefully Geelong don't care about %.

It’s not about “trusting the youngsters”. Watch a peel game. The cupboards are bare. Our recruiting team suck. Ross can’t do everything. The cattle he has are below average.

StingBitten

The Midland Steal
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ultimately, it's difficult to imagine Darcy and 4 short people lining up front.

Mundy's tired and sore and might be handy up front, but he's not strong to shrug off the the sinewy Cats defenders. They can't experiment with Fyfe up front after what happened with the Dogs.

Only other possible forward option would be Logue or Hamling, could Logue position up front with Hamling, Duman, Hughes, Carter, Cerra and Blakely down back?

Our defensive height is massively greater than our forward height, surely you'd move the chips around a bit to get the structure right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Not sure if anyone is into betting (gamble responsibly) but astonishingly the line is only Geelong by 3 goals. That's an amazing line.
That’s a ridiculously easy odds to capitalize on. What would they base that on? Recent form? We haven’t played them at home, not at Optus stadium, for 3 years.

Frigate

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Commenting here on Cam. Why would you play him? He is not a key forward. He plays well with 2 legit key forward.
For all those that bagged Taberner early...yep guess what - he is required. Then you have Hogan, who we bag out as well, then Rory even cops it from enough of "us". Yeah, and we lost our best key position player in Pearce.

It has been a s**t year, on the back of some good games. What do you do from here. You have no key forward, no key backs, the rotation rucks are lost. We still expect to win games. The season is done. It is almost like walking into the grand final all those year ago without Pavlich, Mcpharlin or Johnson. It is not going to happen.

How many games does Carter get? I am sure the knives will be out in force at one point, as they are with Ballas - different story for Hawks and Birchall.
The Eagles flag hurt, yeah I get that, and they are doing well - I get that too. But, who are we as a club? The angry mob up the road crying for blood.

Who was our best ever coach? tough question. Even if it is the current coach, we should fire him.

I have said it all year. The only way we would make the 8 is if injuries went our way. Guess what - they did not. At one point we were laughin at tall depth, some were saying the leading contested marking player in the league should be dropped - then we are crying.

Here is a can of harden the f up. I was there when times were really tough, I stood in the rain when coaches wanted to run away. I was there when... I was there and I am here...

The only thing I will say, is I have never seen a time in Freo's history when so many of the young crew keep signing on. Something is ok at the docks of Freo, the expectations are seriously out of whack. Dickhead supporters - leave... no questions asked - just stop pretending this is an easy game, those with legit questions - keep asking. It might not be in my lifetime that I see the purple raise the flag. I hope it is, more than anyone I could imagine. I won one premiership in 25 years of footy, and it came early. Sometimes, teams - they just beat us on the day. Th Dockers should have beaten Hawks in the GF. We played better, dubious umpiring, and some poor game play. Where do we go from here, my lonely?

Neither was Wilson was he? Hase and Karl reporting Wilson's been having multiple injections in his toe to get through the games.

Was the same thing happening to Lobb?
Wilson hasn't been right since the Melbourne game, maybe earlier

Our Injury Team

Wilson, Pearce, Ryan
Stephen Hill, Cox, ...
... , Valente, Giro
Hogan, Taberner, Bennell
Lobb, ..., ...
Kersten, Meek, ..., ...

Just add in Fyfe, Walters, Hamling, Brad Hill, Ed Langdon and Mundy and we have a team.

I thought about including the first round draft picks we are also missing like a ghosts of the past/injured best 22 but that is really ugly.

We are missing our first round draft pick from 2009 (Morabito), 2012 (Simpson), 2013 (Apeness), 2015 (Bennell) and shifted the 2014 (Weller) into a second 2017 pick (Brayshaw)

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Our Injury Team

Wilson, Pearce, Ryan
Stephen Hill, Cox, ...
... , Valente, Giro
Hogan, Taberner, Bennell
Lobb, ..., ...
Kersten, Meek, ..., ...

Just add in Fyfe, Walters, Hamling, Brad Hill, Ed Langdon and Mundy and we have a team.

I thought about including the first round draft picks we are also missing like a ghosts of the past/injured best 22 but that is really ugly.

We are missing our first round draft pick from 2009 (Morabito), 2012 (Simpson), 2013 (Apeness), 2015 (Bennell) and shifted the 2014 (Weller) into a second 2017 pick (Brayshaw)

It’s a disgrace

Remove this Banner Ad

Back