Preview Changes: R20 2019 v St Kilda: it's a SUSHI-PIZZA PARTY!!

How many changes do you think there will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Forgot one:
12. CEY seemingly had a minor shin injury. However he is still not back. Had he broken his leg, had an operation and metal plates inserted, I reckon he would have been back by now. What the hell is going on?
I don't follow the injury list. But how many times this season (and last) have we had players allegedly out for 1 that took for ages.

This year I can think of Lynch, CEY and Keath, not sure how it rolls at other clubs.

Forgot one:
12. CEY seemingly had a minor shin injury. However he is still not back. Had he broken his leg, had an operation and metal plates inserted, I reckon he would have been back by now. What the hell is going on?

A minor shin injury that turned out to be a broken leg requiring pins. We had to cut costs in medical as well. Hopefully this year Burton doesn't demand such a big performance bonus.

I don't follow the injury list. But how many times this season (and last) have we had players allegedly out for 1 that took for ages.

This year I can think of Lynch, CEY and Keath, not sure how it rolls at other clubs.
Add Jacobs to that as well - I brought in Mumford to me AF team instead of ROB because the Crows said he was only going to be one week... :mad:

A minor shin injury that turned out to be a broken leg requiring pins. We had to cut costs in medical as well. Hopefully this year Burton doesn't demand such a big performance bonus.
Hey, we all know it's not about performance at our club.

So you don't blame the club for him leaving

And you don't think Davis was money hungry

So why did he leave?
Hard to say, but I'd imagine the opportunity to take up a key leadership role in a state he spent the majority of his childhood was a big drawcard.

I have no doubt he was given a significant pay increase too and that wouldn't made the decision easier.

Do I blame the club for him leaving ?? Nope not really. Unlike Gunston we did everything right with Davis, like Dangerfield.

Hard to say, but I'd imagine the opportunity to take up a key leadership role in a state he spent the majority of his childhood was a big drawcard.

I have no doubt he was given a significant pay increase too and that wouldn't made the decision easier.

Do I blame the club for him leaving ?? Nope not really. Unlike Gunston we did everything right with Davis, like Dangerfield.
We did everything we could wrong

We basically chose Scott Stevens over Phil Davis

Exactly the sort of thing we continue to do now with Douglas, Otten, Mackay

It's ingrained at the club and we'll continue to drive good, ambitious, young players away

Both of the GWS & GC recruits (Davis & Bock) were signed before the Crows even had a chance to put an offer on the table. GC & GWS had massive salary cap advantages, and nobody to give it to - so both received Godfather offers which Adelaide had no hope of matching, even if they had been aware of them (which they weren't). There was nothing the club could have done differently with either of these players.

This is in stark contrast to the departure of Lever. Adelaide knew about Melbourne's offer. They had the capacity to match it. They chose not to.

With Davis & Bock they neither knew about the offers nor had the capacity to match.

Well... for the first time.. i am not going to this game even though i can. I am not interested... selections and we are not fixing the problems... or maybe as rightly pointed out by some.. keep the core group together see if we make finals.. if we do... just plod there too... it will be uneventful... and then shake it up in the off season..

The biggest concerns we speed and takeaway in the mid which leads to less than ideal delivery to the forwards... and 100% madman/mongrel forward pressure and maybe out effective run and carry out of 1/2 back... Smith tries but is somewhat negated.

Maybe one of these issues has been addressed... hoping Fog can just hurt some mofos.. and betts can play his usual pressure up forward... but...

Well... for the first time.. i am not going to this game even though i can. I am not interested... selections and we are not fixing the problems... or maybe as rightly pointed out by some.. keep the core group together see if we make finals.. if we do... just plod there too... it will be uneventful... and then shake it up in the off season..

The biggest concerns we speed and takeaway in the mid which leads to less than ideal delivery to the forwards... and 100% madman/mongrel forward pressure and maybe out effective run and carry out of 1/2 back... Smith tries but is somewhat negated.

Maybe one of these issues has been addressed... hoping Fog can just hurt some mofos.. and betts can play his usual pressure up forward... but...

totally agree making the finals will only help Pykes record and he clubs records, but I think that is what they are trying to salvage out the year

Next year is no doubt looking like a bottom half finish and a full blown development year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meanwhile can we also just note that Melbourne are going the full-blown tank at the moment and no-one seems to mind??

A word of caution to Roo - If you ever employ Goodwin at the Crows, he will be held responsible for the 2019 tanking at Melbourne and the Crows will suffer as a result.

And clearly Stevens wasnt

he mentioned two Bock and Rutten not three

hey shorty said:

Never said he was money hungry at all, nice try putting words in my mouth.

I forgot the rule where we had to pick a talented kid instead of 2 All Australians.
You're either dense or being deliberately obtuse, or trolling.

Was Stevens an AA?

Back