Preview Geelong V Freo - Part 2 of the AFL Road Trip

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im happy for Zac Smith to keep his spot as long as the Cats win of course - pity we cant get that guarntee

But the club gets to see how he performs on a big ground - similar to MCG - and wheher he has got the mobility to handle that - should be better for last weeks run against senior opposition - really it is Zacs spot to lose at this point - he controls his destiny

I think the selected side will be it - no late ins whatsoever - Ablett is a certain starter - listening to that radio interview early in the week - he is as keen as mustard to play - and in his words - weve come to get the win

Please.. Go back and watch his FIRST ever game. It was a 4Q high quality effort. The plaudits he got that night were multiple, and it wasn't just because he hit Hodge.
21 possessions, 2 goals, and a Hodgejaw.
I swear half the games he has played since have been off the back of hitting Hodge

I dont think so but there is a good chance for a win/win here. You guys keep it close, make us look good and Kelly, if he chooses to go he might well
go to us. There's a juicy pick 4-5 in it for you
Would not say no to drafting Brodie Kemp acl or otherwise

I swear half the games he has played since have been off the back of hitting Hodge
As said before, that incident reminds me of the green P plater who gets caught speeding as soon as he gets his Drivers' licence. He is not a natural hitman, and that stung him, as did the suspension, I would imagine.

Parsons- It's pretty straightforward I would have thought.
Told him two games, no matter what transpires then incoming talent replaces him.
He's not done yet, he knows he's valued- because he's young, contracted and they professionally manage every player's head.
If anything, needs to make more of his chances for increased self confidence and to beat off Cockatoo, Narkle and others.
So you reckon he has TIME on his side?

So you reckon he has TIME on his side?

Have to say loved that thanks dubs, my vintage.....but could be an anthem for the whipping boy squad.

With nothing to say
And no one to say it to
Nothing has changed
You've still got it all to do
Surely you know
The chance has gone by
Think of a boy with the stars in his eye
Longing to reach them but frightened to try
Sadly, you'd say, someday, someday

He was average overall last week. Nothing special. We gave him a couple of games as insurance incase we got injuries during the finals. Hopefully he won't be needed.

He's not taking us anywhere, anymore than someone like Narkle is. That's the reality.
Average is enough. We need forward or forward type players, not a billion defenders. Whether him or Narkle I don't care. With Parfitt out and Ablett having to be mid with Menegola out (likely) we need one of them.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 Plus using Tapatalk

I dont think so but there is a good chance for a win/win here. You guys keep it close, make us look good and Kelly, if he chooses to go he might well
go to us. There's a juicy pick 4-5 in it for you

OR we could just thrash the bags out of you which leaves him thinking of all the solitary one votes he'd get next year in purple.
As against.......

Last edited:
Rohan and Menegola are 2 of the worst finals players going around.

I'd certainly be leaving Parsons in the team and resting someone. Ablett/J Selwood/Danger, take your pick.

This is a Freo team that has already shut up shop.

Will be similar to the Sydney game.

There’s no point in leaving him in after only being good in 2 of his last 8 quarters of footy
Now is the time to assemble our finals line up and he ain’t in that postcode this year

O’Bree is still waiting to finalise his team, with the Cats to decide which players it will send home from Perth.

Rhys Stanley will share ruck duties with Ryan Abbott after losing his place in the senior side.

So waiting to finalise returning players other than Stanley who seems is expected to play VFL - would seem no concerns over the currently selected ruck & forward players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Average is enough. We need forward or forward type players, not a billion defenders. Whether him or Narkle I don't care. With Parfitt out and Ablett having to be mid with Menegola out (likely) we need one of them.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 Plus using Tapatalk
I expect Menegola to be a late inclusion.

Freo have some class through midfield but are severely undermanned in defence and attack. We should be able to win this comfortably. Similar performance to last week would be enough.
If we're fair dinkum we should win by 8-10 goals. Their side on paper looks very thin and there's something NQR at Freo at the moment aswell.

Good looking side. Parsons unlucky however someone had to go for Rohan's inclusion. Harry managed is good, I take it he's in Perth to drop in on the family...in Geraldton I think.

Very important game for us and another chance for Smith to show his stuff. I wonder if Menegola is playing VFL?

Northampton just near Geraldton. People from the Ham get upset if you were to them as from Geraldton.

Won;t be a pretty game. We're doing enough to win and Ross Lyon will try and choke the life out of us.

It'll be this basically....

never-give-up-frog-choking-bird-4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back