Changes vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm pretty sure they can.

Yep, you see it quite often.

They basically just say that so and so has been withdrawn from the Eagles squad of 26 and has been replaced by so and so.

I think it is more when it happens on game day that you cop a big fine.

They basically just say that so and so has been withdrawn from the Eagles squad of 26 and has been replaced by so and so.

Spot on. Easy fix if he's out.
Pretty sure you only cop the fine on game day if you play someone who wasn't listed as an emergency ($10k from memory) and even then if there's extenuating circumstances then you can probably get away with it.

We don't technically finalise our selection until tonight (5pm eastern) so could change all and any players we want until then. That's the benefit/detriment of the Sunday game - you name a squad of 26 then need to finalise it (obviously after the final training session on the Friday).

I think (stand to be corrected) if it was a Saturday game then we would be forced to use an emergency or face a fine - of course they would have also had the final training prior to teams so likely redundant anyway!

The last few times Carlton have played us they have gone the full stem the bleeding, ultra negative football, which hasn't allowed them to win, but it has made the scores uncomfortably close.

Teague has them playing attacking football with a freedom to their style. Thats great for Carlton until now. Because playing free and attacking football against the Eagles is a terrible idea.

If we bring the right attitude we should blow them away, as our game plan favors us. I can see us punishing them on turnovers and bombs into their forward fifty. They will then lose confidence quickly and we can smash them.

If we allow them to get going early however, they will have their tails up and will take us on ferociously.

I've seen them 'make the call' quite a few times. The reality is training is nowhere near game intensity and when coming back from injury you build your training loads for sure but not to game levels.

Bring in too many players returning from injury is a risk. One we don't need to take with the players we have playing in form.
Yeah I see your point. NicNat was just bad luck with the high ankle sprain. Happy for Duggan and next week Cripps playing WAFl before they return. Bringing 2 senior players in is a risk but I hope they got it right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back