Current Five found dead in Perth home

Remove this Banner Ad

Badge666

Cancelled
Jan 12, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Badge, you seem almost sexually excited by all this discussion of stringing people up... It's a bit queasy, mate.

Just curious...was it , "Hidie, Hidie, Ho...up the scaffold they go..." that tipped me over the edge in your view.....? "

Badge666

Cancelled
Jan 12, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
As this story develops its is looking like one of the worst on recent record..experts confirming these weasels do not just snap and are not mentally ill, rather it is often the long planned culmination of domestic abuse.....reintroduce the death penalty before our society collapses.......Over and Out.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
As this story develops its is looking like one of the worst on recent record..experts confirming these weasels do not just snap and are not mentally ill, rather it is often the long planned culmination of domestic abuse.....reintroduce the death penalty before our society collapses.......Over and Out.
In America they can't kill em fast enough and the US has the highest incarceration rate in the world.
Not to mention the state pays for death row appeals resulting it costing more to execute than keep them alive working for the state.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Going to prison or going to the chair aren't factors that come into these peoples thinking before they commit a crime. They aren't sitting around weighing up the pros and cons of killing their family before they do it.

Going to prison or going to the chair aren't factors that come into these peoples thinking before they commit a crime. They aren't sitting around weighing up the pros and cons of killing their family before they do it.

I can't agree with the death penalty on principle, it's hard sometimes not to want these people just wiped out even so but let them sit around for a while knowing the state is going to kill them. I wouldn't have a clue what he was thinking but he murdered his wife first and waited a bit longer before killing the kids the following day, then their grandmother. Then he sat around in the house for another week with their dead bodies watching TV, I'd be asking what he was waiting for. Was it for her sister to show up so he could kill her as well? And what made him leave. It probably doesnt need to be said, it seems so obvious.

Sep 10, 2000
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

I think the notion of punishment as a deterrent is overplayed. Punishment functions first as protection from re-offence and second as retribution for the victim or their families.

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood

You can introduce it and that is all weel and good but does not really deter. Infact life in prison is worse than death
I can't agree with the death penalty on principle, it's hard sometimes not to want these people just wiped out even so but let them sit around for a while knowing the state is going to kill them. I wouldn't have a clue what he was thinking but he murdered his wife first and waited a bit longer before killing the kids the following day, then their grandmother. Then he sat around in the house for another week with their dead bodies watching TV, I'd be asking what he was waiting for. Was it for her sister to show up so he could kill her as well? And what made him leave. It probably doesnt need to be said, it seems so obvious.

Does anyone know why he just snapped? Or why any of the recent cases? Is it isolation? Financial pressure? Social pressure? Relationship issues (that are not spoken about/brushed away) etc? What is it?

Badge666

Cancelled
Jan 12, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
You can introduce it and that is all weel and good but does not really deter. Infact life in prison is worse than death

Does anyone know why he just snapped? Or why any of the recent cases? Is it isolation? Financial pressure? Social pressure? Relationship issues (that are not spoken about/brushed away) etc? What is it?

Experts agree that these weasels don't " just snap". We need to get rich away from that excusatory limp wristed excuse that portrays the growing number of these heinous child killers as hardworking normal family men who one day "just snap." It is instead the well planned and thought out culmination of domestic emotional and physical abuse.
Yes I am talking about the farmer that shot his wife and 3 beautiful young kids, the weasel who jumped off Storey bridge holding his 5 year old son in his arms,The mother who gassed her six kids in the car, ......the heartbreaking list goes on and on and it is becoming more and more common.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Experts agree that these weasels don't " just snap". We need to get rich away from that excusatory limp wristed excuse that portrays the growing number of these heinous child killers as hardworking normal family men who one day "just snap." It is instead the well planned and thought out culmination of domestic emotional and physical abuse.
Yes I am talking about the farmer that shot his wife and 3 beautiful young kids, the weasel who jumped off Storey bridge holding his 5 year old son in his arms,The mother who gassed her six kids in the car, ......the heartbreaking list goes on and on and it is becoming more and more common.

Care to share any of these experts point of view? These cases, us are the majority of murders committed, are done so for a wide range of different reasons.

Anthony Robert Harvey, 25, is facing a sentencing hearing in Western Australia's Supreme Court where prosecutors are seeking an order that he "never be released" from custody.

This article is hard to get through and the knowing of what he did and how he did it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorbet Bliss

Team Captain
Feb 26, 2018
(WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT)

JURISDICTION :SUPREME COURT OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA IN CRIMINAL
CITATION
: THE STATE OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA -v- HARVEY [2019] WASCR 77
CORAM : HALL J
HEARD : 21 JUNE 2019
DATE OF SENTENCE : 19 JULY 2019
FILE NO/S : INS 32 of 2019
BETWEEN : THE STATE OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AGAINST
ANTHONY ROBERT HARVEY

Offence(s):
Murder x 5
Legislation:
Nil
Sentence Imposed:
Life imprisonment
Order that offender is never to be released.

Sorbet Bliss

Team Captain
Feb 26, 2018

CITATION : THE STATE OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA -v- HARVEY [2019] WASC 261
DELIVERED : 19 JULY 2019
PUBLISHED : 19 JULY 2019
BETWEEN : THE STATE OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Applicant
AND
ANTHONY ROBERT HARVEY Accused.

Catchwords:

"Criminal law - Murder - Sentencing - s 90 Sentencing Act - Never to be released order - Interpretation of s 90 - Meaning of 'necessary', 'community's interest in punishment and deterrence', 'relating to the offence' and 'aggravating factors' - Whether all mitigating factors are excluded, including those personal to the offender, or only those that relate to the offence."

Legislation:
Criminal Code (WA), s 279
Sentencing Act 1995 (WA), s 88, s 90, s 96, s 141

CITATION
AGAINST
ANTHONY ROBERT HARVEY

Offence(s):
Murder x 5
Legislation:
Nil
Sentence Imposed:
Life imprisonment

Good lord what a ****ed up unit

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Appealing his life without parole sentence
A Perth father who admitted being obsessed with serial killers and wrote about embracing his "darkness" before he slaughtered his three children, wife and mother-in-law
was "unreasonable" having regard to the circumstances of the crime and his personal circumstances.

I am trying to fathom what circumstances he could present?

I am trying to fathom what circumstances he could present?

The only thing that made me sit up was that he'd been on anti-depressants and only recently came off them, I got the distinct impression he went cold turkey and you can't do that it can be quite dangerous. The doctors don't always tell you that you that have to wean yourself off very slowly.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
The only thing that made me sit up was that he'd been on anti-depressants and only recently came off them, I got the distinct impression he went cold turkey and you can't do that it can be quite dangerous. The doctors don't always tell you that you that have to wean yourself off very slowly.
You go onto depressants due to medical advice. Did he then seek medical advice to go off them or decide to do it himself?

Bravo for wanting to clean your body but as you point out it can be just as dangerous without that advice.

May 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Brooklyn Nets, New York Jets

CITATION
AGAINST
ANTHONY ROBERT HARVEY

Offence(s):
Murder x 5
Legislation:
Nil
Sentence Imposed:
Life imprisonment

Gees I wish I didn’t read that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back