Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love Eddie Betts back at the club, fear his best is well behind him as a player.

Would be better if we find the next Eddie Betts instead.

Does anyone really know what happened with Bolts, I mean he had a great first year, got leeway during the initial rebuild. What went wrong? Besides the obvious thrashings etc.

I mean, we vetted the candidates, did due process, didn’t just ‘Go get Woosha’ as the old blue big dogs might have preferred.

In my mind he clearly lost at least some of the players in the last year, Cripps looking exasperated and angry after games, and I’ve heard a lot about his inability to adapt our strategy game day, commentary around the team during the last few games of his tenure were saying things like ‘the players look like they are being coached to within an inch of their lives.

I guess I’m just wondering, as this is all just speculation, and discussion. But how did it all go so horribly wrong?

Until Teague took over, I did not rate LOB, just couldn’t see it, turn overs, poor decision making... etc now off the wing I see this classy kid streaking down the mid field hitting leads on the chest.

SPS looks all class and seems to be shining running off half back, good decision making, silky smooth.

JSOS is a pressure king, playing his best footy yet, might even become a serviceable tagged.

Kennedy, who was almost certainly to be delisted has booted a bag in almost every game.

The back line is locked down, and imposing, when at some stages under Bolts we were completely adrift, players not know who to msn up on, or where to be positioning themselves.

Hell, even the plowman is no longer turning it over every other kick.

This long game mindset that people talk about Bolts having, could have ended careers, shattered confidence, I mean look at Dow for example. I just don’t understand it.

I’m not bashing Bolts here, I loved his enthusiasm etc. I’m just curious if others have some opinions. Was it Stubbornness? Unbridled self belief in the process?

Seriously Murphy off the wing, Curnow not tagging. wtf was going on?

Last edited:
May have been too stubborn in wanting to forge a defensive first game plan which did not suit the players he had at his disposal. Also seemed to want to play certain players in certain spots which they clearly did not excel in. Either way, we’ll never truly know the why.

Does anyone really know what happened with Bolts, I mean he had a great first year, got leeway during the initial rebuild. What went wrong? Besides the obvious thrashings etc.

I mean, we vetted the candidates, did due process, didn’t just ‘Go get Woosha’ as the old blue big dogs might have preferred.

In my mind he clearly lost at least some of the players in the last year, Cripps looking exasperated and angry after games, and I’ve heard a lot about his inability to adapt our strategy game day, commentary around the team during the last few games of his tenure were saying things like ‘the players look like they are being coached to within an inch of their lives.

I guess I’m just wondering, as this is all just speculation, and discussion. But how did it all go so horribly wrong?

Until Teague took over, I did not rate LOB, just couldn’t see it, turn overs, poor decision making... etc now off the wing I see this classy kid streaking down the mid field hitting leads on the chest.

SPS looks all class and seems to be shining running off half back, good decision making, silky smooth.

JSOS is a pressure king, playing his best footy yet, might even become a serviceable tagged.

Kennedy, who was almost certainly to be delisted has booted a bag in almost every game.

The back line is locked down, and imposing, when at some stages under Bolts we were completely adrift, players not know who to msn up on, or where to be positioning themselves.

This long game mindset that people talk about Bolts having, could have ended careers, shattered confidence, I mean look at Dow for example. I just don’t understand it.

I’m not bashing Bolts here, I loved his enthusiasm etc. I’m just curious if others have some opinions. Was it Stubbornness? Unbridled self belief in the process?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huh?

Whaddya mean Teague took over? Where the * is Bolts? Not another LTI, ffs.

Huh?

Whaddya mean Teague took over? Where the fu** is Bolts? Not another LTI, ffs.
Reminds me of when Turnbull was replaced as PM last year & the Opposition kept asking in Question Time why Turnbull was no longer PM.

"My question is to the President of the Carlton Football Club. Why is Bolton no longer the coach of Carlton?"

Reminds me of when Turnbull was replaced as PM last year & the Opposition kept asking in Question Time why Turnbull was no longer PM.

"My question is to the President of the Carlton Football Club. Why is Bolton no longer the coach of Carlton?"
List is strong ... we don’t live in the past ... Carlton bubble ... something shouty ... blame someone else ... something random ... ask and answer my own question ... thank you all for coming

Sending all my love and healing thoughts to Liam Jones on the very sad news on the passing of his mother 😢😢😢🌷🌷🌷

Would be perfectly understandable if he withdraws from Sunday's game, losing a parent is one of life's most painful and traumatic moments.

Take care Liam #BoundByBlue

I didn't know where to put this item from John Ralph. I also didn't know we were $6 mil in debt. Apparently Liddle says we are going great guns offfield, and should pay all our debts within 2 years. Hallaluyah!!!!.:D:p

Paywall.

Can someone please outline the link.

Paywall.

Can someone please outline the link.
We have a debt of around $6 mill and the club hopes to clear this in the next 2 years.
Our home attendances have increased from an average of 31,775 to 47,716 this year.
Membership has gone from 56,000 to 64,000, the biggest jump in the clubs history.
Having banked salary cap room in recent years the club intends to spend the 100% of the salary cap next year and the football department soft cap.
The strategy of upgrading memberships this year resulted in 14,000 new members coming on board, the club hopes to retain these.
The clubs hasn't considered if it will request more Friday night footy next year.

Sending all my love and healing thoughts to Liam Jones on the very sad news on the passing of his mother 😢😢😢🌷🌷🌷

Would be perfectly understandable if he withdraws from Sunday's game, losing a parent is one of life's most painful and traumatic moments.

Take care Liam #BoundByBlue
I was the same age as Liam (28) when my mother passed away. When you are this young, you certainly don't expect either of your parents to be passing away. Personally I would understand if Liam pulled the pin on the season so he can properly deal with the emotions associated with the loss of his mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back