Should Chris Scott be sanctioned?

Remove this Banner Ad

romeohwho

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
I am precious sweety, Scott is arrogant whether you believe it or not.

arrogant definition: 1. unpleasantly proud and behaving as if you are more important than, or know more than, other people: 2. proud in an unpleasant way

Thats Scott to a tee.
Quite agree he has a touch of arrogance and he occasionally makes an arrogant comment( who after all, could forget ‘mission accomplished’- what an ordinary thing that was to say).
Nonetheless, suggesting a team that was raging flag fav and had just scraped across the line against his team, was beatable, wasn’t one of those times.

Aug 27, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Aug 27, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
What topic? You brought up that he commented on Richmond - accurately I might add - and then tried to claim he shouldn’t talk about opposition teams... on an hour long chat show dedicated to talking about all teams. Bloody hell
Well he doesn't like it when people are disingenuous, while often being that himself, I'm just glad Hardwick avoids those shows when he can.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Collingwood play more games at the G. Why aren’t you having a melt over that? Oh that’s right they’re not Richmond. Get over it sook.
1) Collingwood havnt had a recent series of unearned finals on their home ground
2) when they do play away from their home ground they arent mewling kittens - they can actually win
3) they lost their home grand final anyway.

Richmond have been kissed on the dick given how utterly pathetic their record away from home is over the last 4 years.

If collingwood had a similarly feeble away record and beat higher ranked teams at home in finals you can bet it would be discussed.

1) Collingwood havnt had a recent series of unearned finals on their home ground
2) when they do play away from their home ground they arent mewling kittens - they can actually win
3) they lost their home grand final anyway.

Richmond have been kissed on the dick given how utterly pathetic their record away from home is over the last 4 years.

If collingwood had a similarly feeble away record and beat higher ranked teams at home in finals you can bet it would be discussed.

Missed the point of my post, confused issues and had a pretty significant melt all in the one post. Impressive even for you

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Missed the point of my post, confused issues and had a pretty significant melt all in the one post. Impressive even for you
Lol you whined that noone complains about collingwood getting lots of games at the g

I explained clearly and succinctly why no one complains.

Dont break your arm beating off nugget.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol you whined that noone complains about collingwood getting lots of games at the g

I explained clearly and succinctly why no one complains.

Dont break your arm beating off nugget.

Haven’t explained anything. Was a ranty self gratifying pile of spew. I think I’ll leave it there cuz.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Haven’t explained anything. Was a ranty self gratifying pile of spew. I think I’ll leave it there cuz.
No again - it wasnt self gratifying - ill leave that for you “that team would have beaten anyone anywhere” despite only beating good teams at the mcg types

You mob spent a year flogging that dead horse.

Thread started by a Hawthorn supporter about Geelong coach but for some reason full of Richmond supporters, but yeah we're the ones with the obsession.

I think there was the potential to be had for a reasoned discussion about coaches approaching umpires during the game, rather than specifically citing C. Scott, but the thread has taken a slightly more amusing turn.

My two cents is that coaches should not approach the umpires, save for shaking their hands before and after the game. Even if there's a simple clarification request, there may be the perception if not the reality that the coach is trying to cause undue influence through intimidation. I don't know the rules around this, and someone did mention that Scott was seeking clarification on a rotation, but this is best left to the captain.

Mar 11, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
I think there was the potential to be had for a reasoned discussion about coaches approaching umpires during the game, rather than specifically citing C. Scott, but the thread has taken a slightly more amusing turn.

My two cents is that coaches should not approach the umpires, save for shaking their hands before and after the game. Even if there's a simple clarification request, there may be the perception if not the reality that the coach is trying to cause undue influence through intimidation. I don't know the rules around this, and someone did mention that Scott was seeking clarification on a rotation, but this is best left to the captain.
Problem with that is only certain people are allowed to have that conversation with umps .. in this case Scott (as far as i am aware Selwood was not allowed)

Problem with that is only certain people are allowed to have that conversation with umps .. in this case Scott (as far as i am aware Selwood was not allowed)

Hey, like I said I don't know the rules on this, but I always thought it was only the captain that could query the umpires (happy to take correction from someone who does know the rules).

The other problem is that the AFL has gone too far in making the umpires a protected species. It's an incredibly difficult job, and I think if there wasn't so much of the sweeping under the rug of contentious calls and heavy-handed overreactions ("bald-headed flog"), then maybe the umpires mightn't be viewed as so much of a nuisance. Perhaps if they were able to explain their decisions after the game, talk about why they viewed something as they did, then they'd get more popular respect and wouldn't need to be treated as a breed apart.

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
WC & Freo don't train at Optus yet Richmond supporters continually tell us about our home ground advantage.
If a grand final was played at Optus with the usual GF ticket allocations that would make it a neutral location right?

If you qualify for a state home final as the rules state then yes

Catters 070911

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
We all know Chris Scott has been a massive sook for years, but last Sunday

This is simply unacceptable behaviour, especially during the game. Chris Scott should be banned for a couple of weeks at least for bringing the game into disrepute.

I have always been amazed with Hawthorn fans' obsession with Geelong.

You have probably been the most successful team of the modern era, yet are so insecure that you need to pot other teams. I don't get it.

Is it that we got Joel Selwood while you drafted dud Mitch Thorp one pick beforehand?

Is it that we had an 11-game winning streak against you a few years ago?

I have never got why you are obsessed with running us down. Geelong fans don't even think about Hawthorn. You are irrelevant to us, and we don't even care about you, yet you are insecure about us. Maybe you need therapy.

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I have always been amazed with Hawthorn fans' obsession with Geelong.

You have probably been the most successful team of the modern era, yet are so insecure that you need to pot other teams. I don't get it.

Is it that we got Joel Selwood while you drafted dud Mitch Thorp one pick beforehand?

Is it that we had an 11-game winning streak against you a few years ago?

I have never got why you are obsessed with running us down. Geelong fans don't even think about Hawthorn. You are irrelevant to us, and we don't even care about you, yet you are insecure about us. Maybe you need therapy.

Geelong fans don't care about Hawthorn?

That's news to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back