Autopsy Rd 20 - Dockers smash Sth Freo Cats by 34

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
Switta had 13 disposals and 9 tackles. He was brilliant, I wonder what his pressure acts were cause I swear he was everywhere, that smother in the last was great.

Hughes is normally a whipping boy but he was really, really good today.

Switta aslo had 8 score involvements including 2 direct goal assist (more than any other on ground) ... he's got game, just needs to find that odd goal or two and he's not only a replacement, but a genuine upgrade on Balla.

As for Hughes ... he does lots of good things and has done most of the season, what he managed today was to not do the mega-stupid thing along with those good things, what a difference it makes.

Last edited:
Man, just when i fully commit to the Lyon-go team, the club go and do something like that

Cant come up with many negatives from that so
- That was the quintessential Langdon performance. At times, head-scratching disposal and decision making to go with 28 touches full of gut-running, speed, 5 tackles (including a run-down) and 2 goals. If he could kick, he'd be the best wing in the game at just 23 years old.
- Cerra clearly isnt a backman, lucky for us, he's destined for a full midfield role where he plays his best footy. He's been building the last few weeks despite the teams performance.
- I love Andrew Brayshaw. Will be full-time on ball next year, if he keeps fwd status get him in your dreamteams next year. Going to blow up in a big way with another pre-season and 3kgs of muscle on him.
- Love that Logue bounced back after a horrendous start. He will be so much better off as the third tall when Pearce is back
- As a big critic of Hughes, I'm happy to eat some humble pie. Was magnificent today.
- Darcy and Sandilands were outstanding. Hodor had his best game for a long time. Created so many forward half contests when he could have easily been beaten and some terrific tap work. Hodor will be a player, we've just been spoilt that he could compete at 18.
- The big three (Walters, Hill, Fyfe) were incredible. How people can think Hill isnt worth a top 10 pick is beyond me.
- Massive kudos to Ross for having the balls to leave Mundy there the whole game. Must have been hard but he backed in the kids.
- Carter slots straight to a wing once we get some runs into those legs I reckon

Last edited:

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I’m not expecting anyone to reverse their opinions but it would be nice to see some of the supporters who heap it on when we lose come past and acknowledge a good game. If you have already done so I am not talking about you :)

I think we get one more win and are an outside shot at two. Ten or eleven wins for the season would be a huge result. Delightful in fact!

Nolo180

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2014
Somewhere in time
AFL Club
Fremantle
And Brad Hardly
Lol the 6pr crowd had gone hard all week on ross thinking we were gonna get pumped like we did last year at the cattery and suma could just parachute in after the carnage that ensewed. Eat a fat one brad u flog.v
Oh and a special mention goes out to u craig mollisson. Your first & third quarter display was some of the most one sided umpiring ive ever witnessed u absolute tossbag!

sdfc

Premiership Player
Feb 15, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swans
As a Ross critic, all I can say is more of that please. Less dumb entries forward, didn't get killed on the outside for once and managed to find some space. My pass mark for the fourth year of a rebuild would have come with challenging for the 8. We might get close if they keep that up. We'll see.

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
As a Ross critic, all I can say is more of that please. Less dumb entries forward, didn't get killed on the outside for once and managed to find some space. My pass mark for the fourth year of a rebuild would have come with challenging for the 8. We might get close if they keep that up. We'll see.

Anyone who says we went into 2016 as a rebuild year after finishing minor premiers in 15 is distorting the truth. Yes after a horror start we started to focus more on the youth. But it was only after that season and heading into 2017 that we started the rebuild and lost turn over etc. that makes this the third year of the rebuild. Anyone being honest or without bias would agree.

I agree that it was exciting seeing the hard ball won and then the use of hands and shorter kicks was very exciting to watch.

electricfeel

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
I must eat humble pie. I have firmly been in the disgruntled, everything-is-s**t camp. The boys were fantastic and such perfect timing to come out with such a gutsy win and silence the haters and critics. The crowd were insane.

I am still uncertain about where to from here and if Ross really is our man but it feels bloody good after the week the club and Ross has copped to win like that. Eat s**t WA media, the West Australian, Hagdorn, Langdon and co and all the Susans at everyone's workplace.

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
Tucker is quicker than what I thought.
He was clocked at 32kms an hour, compared to Brad Hill at 31.3.

Not sure he can cover enough ground to run up the wing all day, but he could play there for a couple of quarters, with Hill on the other wing.

Tucker has been groomed for a wing for much of the season, he 'relieved' Langdon there for much of the 2nd half last week after Ed was having shitful time of it in the first - reckon Ross is hoping he can be a replacement for Ed and/or BHill if he does get a way.

Still, that's a discussion for another place - today they all did their bits and it was their work-rate which I think undid the Cats as much as anything.

sdfc

Premiership Player
Feb 15, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swans
Anyone who says we went into 2016 as a rebuild year after finishing minor premiers in 15 is distorting the truth. Yes after a horror start we started to focus more on the youth. But it was only after that season and heading into 2017 that we started the rebuild and lost turn over etc. that makes this the third year of the rebuild. Anyone being honest or without bias would agree.

I agree that it was exciting seeing the hard ball won and then the use of hands and shorter kicks was very exciting to watch.
You're right. 2016 was the year Ross took the minor premiers to 4 wins.

Scootyb

Club Legend
Apr 21, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
I must eat humble pie. I have firmly been in the disgruntled, everything-is-s**t camp. The boys were fantastic and such perfect timing to come out with such a gutsy win and silence the haters and critics. The crowd were insane.

I am still uncertain about where to from here and if Ross really is our man but it feels bloody good after the week the club and Ross has copped to win like that. Eat s**t WA media, the West Australian, Hagdorn, Langdon and co and all the Susans at everyone's workplace.

Yep agree completely.

Had been as down on freo as I have in a long time the last month, but today felt very very good, enjoyed immensely. Reminded of the 2013-15 team with the pressure and intent, even if lacking great skill at times.

So what do we do? Likely let Ross coach his last year out and hopefully with a fit list at his disposal without too much off season carnage. We have seen that the effort based game can crumble down quickly but when it’s on it lifts everyone up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Purpellian Anchor

Purple Admiralty
Oct 14, 2011
Northam
AFL Club
Fremantle
The last two weeks have been beyond perception with the WA media,
Just for tonight, you remember why it's too hard to bury this club once and for all.

The supporters at the game were fantastic...they took all the shite personally and really got behind the boys..bit of anger there at the media and others I suspect.

Back